You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield(a) PL- match thread

LFC 6 Times

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha fair point. 

Playing badly and winning is title territory. 

That only applies when you have 1 bad game in a few, not the other way around, which how we are right now. 

Just for the record of other hysterical superfan fannies, I'm happy with Klopp, I'm happy with the team but at the same time I'm not happy with current form. I'm not shouting abuse or asking for sacking, just stating it like I see it. Is that allowed? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

That only applies when you have 1 bad game in a few, not the other way around, which how we are right now. 

Just for the record of other hysterical superfan fannies, I'm happy with Klopp, I'm happy with the team but at the same time I'm not happy with current form. I'm not shouting abuse or asking for sacking, just stating it like I see it. Is that allowed? 

Who’s fucking stopping you?

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why is my dislike of Klopp irrational? I didn't want him when he got the job, and I've never taken to him since! What's irrational about that? I just don't like the guy!

Oh and my point about the GD stands, a deficit of of 10 after 9 games is a chasm! If it carries on in a similar vein we could go the season unbeaten (we won't) matching City result for result and still end up losing the title by over 40 goals.

The last point about Kompany is bang on, horrible tackle and he should have walked! The injuries have caught up with him, and he's going to hurt somebody by being that late! In saying that, I still think City would have won with 10.

I don't agree with you chief but I respect that you've stuck to your guns on this. Differing opinions liven up discussion. Thesis + antithesis = synthesis.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why is my dislike of Klopp irrational? I didn't want him when he got the job, and I've never taken to him since! What's irrational about that? I just don't like the guy!

Oh and my point about the GD stands, a deficit of of 10 after 9 games is a chasm! If it carries on in a similar vein we could go the season unbeaten (we won't) matching City result for result and still end up losing the title by over 40 goals.

First point... ‘I just don’t like him’ is pretty much the definition of irrational. Second point, would you not agree that they’ve had a significantly easier start, thus it’s easier to get goals? Finally, if you’re not happy with the position we are in, with our best, record breaking start, I’d pack it all in.  You’re unlikely to ever have any joy from this team. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

Yes, it is. Almost all views are allowed. You have the freedom to say almost anything. You just don’t have the right to not be replied to, your point refuted, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

First point... ‘I just don’t like him’ is pretty much the definition of irrational. Second point, would you not agree that they’ve had a significantly easier start, thus it’s easier to get goals? Finally, if you’re not happy with the position we are in, with our best, record breaking start, I’d pack it all in.  You’re unlikely to ever have any joy from this team. 

Some people enjoy hate-watching the team. I certainly did when the Hodge was manager. Why do you have to be the arbiter on how someone consumes football?

11 minutes ago, Hades said:

Some people enjoy hate-watching the team. I certainly did when the Hodge was manager. Why do you have to be the arbiter on how someone consumes football?

I don’t and I’m not, I’m giving an opinion. As I said, I’d pack it in. Me. If breaking records sucks ass, I’d give it up and not bother. Don’t like my opinion? Good. I hope to be the anti-Hades as often as I can. 

This idea that that if you refute an opinion you are stopping others from having theirs is tedious and ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

I find it strange that somebody doesn't even like Klopp as a human being let alone a football manager. We've been spoiled massively since he came to our club as we have over achieved more than we could have imagined. Criticisms are valid when they have a basis,unless you are just a Brexiteer who hates Germans because they stole your Grandad's ration box during WW2.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I find it strange that somebody doesn't even like Klopp as a human being let alone a football manager. We've been spoiled massively since he came to our club as we have over achieved more than we could have imagined. Criticisms are valid when they have a basis,unless you are just a Brexiteer who hates Germans because they stole your Grandad's ration box during WW2.

Yeah, as well as being one of the top few football managers on the planet he’s clearly an excellent, warm, funny, kind hearted person. 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t and I’m not, I’m giving an opinion. As I said, I’d pack it in. Me. If breaking records sucks ass, I’d give it up and not bother. Don’t like my opinion? Good. I hope to be the anti-Hades as often as I can. 

This idea that that if you refute an opinion you are stopping others from having theirs is tedious and ridiculous. 

You didn't refute anything. You strawmanned and resorted to personal abuse and virtue signalling, as you usually do.

1 minute ago, Hades said:

You didn't refute anything. You strawmanned and resorted to personal abuse and virtue signalling, as you usually do.

Do you mind showing me where? I’ll quote it here so it’s easy for you to show the abuse. Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, it is. Almost all views are allowed. You have the freedom to say almost anything. You just don’t have the right to not be replied to, your point refuted, etc. 

Thanks for trying to clear that up but you missed the point. 

The thing is, some in here choose to ignore the fact that the superfans often do not just refute the points. What they do is say how dare you have negative views on the team and they insist on everyone having the rose tinted glasses they have on all the time. They like to imply only their views are valid with their tone and condescending comments and when pulled up on it they hide behind oh everyone has rights to an opinion. That's the problem with superfans. 

Go on being positive all the time even when it's not warranted, nobody cares. At least I don't. But don't imply those who don't think everything is great as the bad guy. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Do you mind showing me where? I’ll quote it here so it’s easy for you to show the abuse. Thanks. 

Telling people to pack it in so you can virtue signal how much of a superfan you are. Strawmanning him by describing his dislike of Klopp as irrational. Together it counts as abuse because you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you and need a new target after Red Phoenix fucked off.

3 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

The thing is, some in here choose to ignore the fact that the superfans often do not just refute the points. What they do is say how dare you have negative views on the team and they insist on everyone having the rose tinted glasses they have on all the time. They like to imply only their views are valid with their tone and condescending comments and when pulled up on it they hide behind oh everyone has rights to an opinion. That's the problem with superfans. 

Go on being positive all the time even when it's not warranted, nobody cares. At least I don't. But don't imply those who don't think everything is great as the bad guy. 

You’re complaining about other people complaining about other people complaining. I like it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Telling people to pack it in so you can virtue signal how much of a superfan you are. Strawmanning him by describing his dislike of Klopp as irrational. Together it counts as abuse because you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you and need a new target after Red Phoenix fucked off.

Riiiight. Except I didn’t tell him to pack it in, you made that up. As for strawmanning, you seriously need to look up what that means. I said something he admitted he had no rational for was the definition of irrational. If you think this is abuse, another term you might want to look up, then I’d suggest you contact Dave. He, as you know from your recent racist outbursts, takes abuse very seriously. Or you could stop making things up. It’s up to you, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

I think you might be making it up, mate. As somebody who was negative about the performance, took no flack for it. Some dislike relentless negativity no matter how positive things are, though. Top of the table? Not good enough! Alisson? Too much money! Salah? Told you he was shit! 

When it is from the same people, time after time, it starts to get old. That’s not you, BTW. I personally enjoy your posts. Nor do I think you’re overly negative. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think you might be making it up, mate. As somebody who was negative about the performance, took no flack for it. Some dislike relentless negativity no matter how positive things are, though. Top of the table? Not good enough! Alisson? Too much money! Salah? Told you he was shit! 

When it is from the same people, time after time, it starts to get old. That’s not you, BTW. I personally enjoy your posts. Nor do I think you’re overly negative. 

Well I mostly had Liverpoolladno9 or whatever his username is in mind when I posts about superfan. Calling people Skype generation fans just because they say bad is bad is something I'm tired of hearing, or rather reading. 

But it's all good now that I get to say what I want to say. Thanks for the kind words.