You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield(a) PL- match thread

LFC 6 Times

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I find it strange that somebody doesn't even like Klopp as a human being let alone a football manager. We've been spoiled massively since he came to our club as we have over achieved more than we could have imagined. Criticisms are valid when they have a basis,unless you are just a Brexiteer who hates Germans because they stole your Grandad's ration box during WW2.

Totally agree with that first sentence. Every journalist I hear talking about him says he lights up the room when he walks in. 

But hey ho it’s a funny old world

43 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Riiiight. Except I didn’t tell him to pack it in, you made that up. As for strawmanning, you seriously need to look up what that means. I said something he admitted he had no rational for was the definition of irrational. If you think this is abuse, another term you might want to look up, then I’d suggest you contact Dave. He, as you know from your recent racist outbursts, takes abuse very seriously. Or you could stop making things up. It’s up to you, I guess. 

How do you know it's irrational? There are people here that automatically think Klopp is a good bloke just because he's a great manager, tall and charismatic. He could be a worse bloke than Hodgson to his friends, you simply don't know. Maybe Creator Supreme has had a bad experience with people like Klopp before. We are just seeing the surface and making judgements based on their dealings with the media. Most Liverpool fans like Benitez but stringvest despises the man on a personal level. People are allowed different opinions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hades said:

How do you know it's irrational? There are people here that automatically think Klopp is a good bloke just because he's a great manager, tall and charismatic. He could be a worse bloke than Hodgson to his friends, you simply don't know. Maybe Creator Supreme has had a bad experience with people like Klopp before. We are just seeing the surface and making judgements based on their dealings with the media. Most Liverpool fans like Benitez but stringvest despises the man on a personal level. People are allowed different opinions.

I said saying ‘I just hate him’ was irrational. If he hates him for a reason... you know what, there’s little point. And yes, people are allowed different opinions, apparently only when you post first. If you don’t agree, you’re a bully and abuser. 

24 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I said saying ‘I just hate him’ was irrational. If he hates him for a reason... you know what, there’s little point. And yes, people are allowed different opinions, apparently only when you post first. If you don’t agree, you’re a bully and abuser. 

Reminder that relentless, unjustified positivity is now the established order. Negative views are anti-establishment.

• Downvote 1

I only watched it on the telly (so I'm not a superfan, more a Sky-generation wank-in-a-sock armchair fan) but from what I saw we were weirdly lethargic. That said, apart from them hitting the post from a hit and hoper*, and a ballooned missed chance from an error, we weren't in any trouble either. If I'd have watched Chelsea play that game I'd have called them annoyingly inefficient, sworn at them on MOTD and never thought of it again, so I'm not going to do much different this week.

It's been a really strange season. There's legitimate concerns about our form - not our points form, but our "form on the eye" which makes sense given the heights we've scaled in recent seasons. I'm not particularly concerned yet though, given that there's a few legitimate mitigating circumstances in play:

• We're still integrating a number of new players, with a couple of players back from injuries who aren't properly match fit
  • Our best players came back from the World Cup late
  • We've had a shitcunt of a run of fixtures, with a horrible run against strong teams and most of our games against the dross punctuated by fucking international breaks
  • Our best players aren't in any kind of form
  • We seem to be transitioning style slightly, with more emphasis on solidity (midfielders dropping deeper, only one full back bombing one etc.). I don't know if this is a long-term thing or if it's Klopp's "efficiency mode" - we win a load of games and get the points without having to burn ourselves out in high-octane slugfests
  • We've normally been sluggish under Klopp around this time of year, so I wonder if we're doing more fitness work in training to get the batteries charged for the winter and New Year so there's less time for attacking combinations in training or something

Add all of those things together and it probably makes sense that we've been a bit disjointed. There's definite improvement at the back though, which I love, and we're still picking up the points whether we play badly or well (and I've long thought the "play badly and win" phrase is shite - the best teams just don't play badly very often and are so ruthless when they're playing well that those games are of little consequence). We're putting the points on the board and I still feel like there's a Maribor in the pipeline in November, as there was last year.

*Evidence that our luck's changing? I'm sick of the number of times we've conceded an absolute worldie, and to rub salt in the wounds, a worldie scored by a player who literally never scores. Jagielka, Delaney and so on.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, aws said:

I've seen the Mancs, Chelsea and other sides win too many titles on the back of spawny one goal victories when playing shit to worry too much when we start to win games the same way.  

We were shit though.  

We were fucking brutal yesterday. Lallana, Sturridge, and Lovren I’d be happy to never seen start a Premier League match for us again. Still, quality just about won out in the end. Move on, and hope we batter the next team and our confidence grows. 

It's very possible to say that a team has played poorly in a few games and not think the team is bad overall. There are people confusing a negative outlook on the future of the team with a few very negative performances.

There really doesn't need to be the bullshit of the last few pages because some people can't accept that people will point out that we were bad against Huddersfield and aren't playing that well this season. 

And CS is in the extreme minority. There's no point in trying to change his mind. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

What's this Hades racism stuff?

I've got a 5 or 6 year old score to settle.

I was justifiably banned because I made some racist comments about Mané. I was trying to point out the often nasty subtext of the way people criticise others on here but it came out as being hateful. No problem with the ban.

• Upvote 3