You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield(a) PL- match thread

LFC 6 Times

It's the advanced position of the midfield 3 that's the issue, we have plenty of good players in the 2 less advanced positions but lack that player can that open up defences and break from midfield. Shaqiri's an option but he's not good enough, I don't mind him as a versatile squad player but he's not going to win you titles.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

It's the advanced position of the midfield 3 that's the issue, we have plenty of good players in the 2 less advanced positions but lack that player can that open up defences and break from midfield. Shaqiri's an option but he's not good enough, I don't mind him as a versatile squad player but he's not going to win you titles.

Yep, we’re really missing Ox IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Superfan here. Is the midfield is a massive problem? Level on points with the all conquering City. 7 wins 2 draws. Whilst we’ve not been at our best, especially with the front 3 not being ‘at it’ the emphasis is on the midfield, but we’re winning. Problem? I’m just a superfan on his high horse though. 

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Superfan here. Is the midfield is a massive problem? Level on points with the all conquering City. 7 wins 2 draws. Whilst we’ve not been at our best, especially with the front 3 not being ‘at it’ the emphasis is on the midfield, but we’re winning. Problem? I’m just a superfan on his high horse though. 

I think it’s just a case of a few small adjustments needed. The midfield is at its best when the pitch is compressed and I’ve noticed in some of our more questionable performances there has been huge gaps between the lines. Teams are sitting deeper but simultaneously pressing higher so the distance between the front 3 and the defence is leaving huge spaces for the midfield to cover. It’s something we’ll adapt to over time. 

We've shifted the focus to a stronger, more robust defensive effort, and that’s bound to cause a few teething issues. The good thing is we’re undefeated, level with city and still have enormous room for growth. When everything comes together we are going to be fucking frightening. 

30 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

Yup, and according to you, Klopp is just another self entitled, sky generation, dummy spitter. 

“Here our midfield press wasn’t the problem, it was that we could have done better with the ball. It was really just the last ball – one touch. Everything was fine apart from that.”

“Everything was fine” not really a classic hysterical fanny phrase, is it?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moof said:

“Here our midfield press wasn’t the problem, it was that we could have done better with the ball. It was really just the last ball – one touch. Everything was fine apart from that.”

“Everything was fine” not really a classic hysterical fanny phrase, is it?

Huh? I was referring to below. 

We do what we do to win football games. I’m 100 per cent fine with that. But if I was to say ‘that’s enough for me, if we can have 20 games in a row like this I will take it,’ that would be a lie.

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Nobody is bemoaning where we are. Well, except Creator Supreme, and we’ll come to him in a bit.

Its quite clear people are happy to be top, and for the most part this season, although not playing well we’ve controlled the majority of games and the defence have been excellent. But yesterday the whole team, bar a couple of players, was poor.  Defence (bar Gomez) included. And there is nothing wrong with pointing that out on an Internet forum for discussing football.

Sometimed the criticism in match threads is over the top, but for once, yesterday, I thought it was quite tempered. Except for the aforementioned post from CS, born, no doubt, out of his irrational dislike for Klopp.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I missed CS’s post. What did he say?

“ oh woe, the time for reckoning is near my friends. The man from the Black Forest   will come and lead us to disaster upon the field of battle. Many victories will be gained but it is all a ruse, the man Klopp is a deceiver, he wants to ruin the Kingdom with his army of Gegenpress. He has cast out the Undead One (Buvac) and now all reason is gone. Doom, Doooooooooom!!!  “

You get get the drift.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

9 games, joint top of the league, no losses, 3 conceded. Yet still we have fucking bushwhackers moaning. 

Yes. Yes, we do....

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah Sturbridge was woeful yesterday. Dropping too deep as well.

• Like 1

Why is my dislike of Klopp irrational? I didn't want him when he got the job, and I've never taken to him since! What's irrational about that? I just don't like the guy!

Oh and my point about the GD stands, a deficit of of 10 after 9 games is a chasm! If it carries on in a similar vein we could go the season unbeaten (we won't) matching City result for result and still end up losing the title by over 40 goals.

The last point about Kompany is bang on, horrible tackle and he should have walked! The injuries have caught up with him, and he's going to hurt somebody by being that late! In saying that, I still think City would have won with 10.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1