You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield(a) PL- match thread

LFC 6 Times

9 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Comically shit performance from us, we’re reminding me of Mancs last season. Genuinely couldn’t believe what I was watching on those counter attacks. Salah and Firmino were actually trying to give Huddersfield the ball back, the one where Firmino went to Salah on the right with Shaqiri in a fucking acre is one the worst decisions I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

Bobby doesn't do sub appearances. He's the anti super sub 

9 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Comically shit performance from us, we’re reminding me of Mancs last season. Genuinely couldn’t believe what I was watching on those counter attacks. Salah and Firmino were actually trying to give Huddersfield the ball back, the one where Firmino went to Salah on the right with Shaqiri in a fucking acre is one the worst decisions I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

Yeah, it was unbelievable how bad those counters were. Like the Monstars from Space Jam decided to steal their abilities instead of basketball players in those moments. 

Can't talk about that though because we won and it's whinging. 

• Upvote 2

I must be in the minority. 

I don't mind the fact we're level on points with the league leaders. Or the fact we've only conceded 3 goals so far, or the fact we're still unbeaten in the league even though we've played Chelsea away and spurs away. 

At this time last year we had been bummed by both City and spurs, had shipped close to 20 goals and some knobs were doubting the manager. 

Ok, the performance wasn't great today, but we won. 

And fuck City, who have they played yet? Apparently 4 of the past 6 promoted teams 

Let's worry about them after they play Chelsea, utd and spurs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, it was unbelievable how bad those counters were. Like the Monstars from Space Jam decided to steal their abilities instead of basketball players in those moments. 

Can't talk about that though because we won and it's whinging. 

I honestly don't know what's going on with both of them at the minute. They looked like they'd never played with each other before

37 minutes ago, Grinch said:

meh, ugly win on the back of a stupid international break.  You'd take it every week.  We're going to have to up our game at some point though or we're gonna get caught sooner or later.

That minute of panic Lovren caused at the end is why I can't wait to see the back of him.

Didn't stop City wiping the floor with a far better team than Huddersfield 

11 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I don't mind the fact we're level on points with the league leaders. Or the fact we've only conceded 3 goals so far, or the fact we're still unbeaten in the league even though we've played Chelsea away and spurs away. 

At this time last year we had been bummed by both City and spurs, had shipped close to 20 goals and some knobs were doubting the manager. 

And fuck City, who have they played yet? Apparently 4 of the past 6 promoted teams 

I'm sure we're all delighted but when you're unbeaten on 24 points from 9 games, you'd probably expect to be bouncing but we have to be honest with ourselves, we've been no better than average this season. It's hard to get too carried away when you're scraping 1-0 wins against teams like Huddersfield. It sets us up nicely of course but we still look miles behind City 

Frustrating watching us as our final passes have been very sloppy not just in this game but quite a few. 

Fabinho looked useful when he came on so hopefully he gets more game time from now on. Seems we are still.trying to find a balance between our all out attack from last season and our new found defensive solidity. Can't complain where we are though. Hopefully Cardiff think they can attack us next week after they won today. 

• Upvote 1

Thought our midfield perked up and was much more lively when Wijnaldum came on. 

Good to see Studge get 90 minutes too. 

Nowhere near the dizzy heights of last season but equally, nowhere near as shite as most of the doom-mongers would have you believe. 

3 points and onward we march. 

• Upvote 2

Another disjointed display. We weren't unduly threatened but Huddersfield did have a couple of moments in our penalty area. The first resulted in a fairly comfortable save for Alisson from a Depoitre header, and the second was when Mounie ballooned a very good opportunity over the bar.

Attacking-wise, it was a poor final ball that frequently explained why we didn't score more than once. Firmino chose the wrong option when we had a 3-on-2 and played a hospital ball anyway, and Salah failed to pick out a well-placed teammate on a couple of occasions. Lallana ran around a lot but wasn't on the same wavelength as others. Sturridge never got into any threatening positions. Shaqiri worked very hard and got an assist. Salah actually did a lot of things right with regards to his movement, not least for his goal, and rolled another chance wide in the second half. With him it's the end product that isn't quite there yet.

It's one of those games where you know you aren't quite at 100% because of the international break, injuries and some players not hitting their stride yet, but you ride it out and get the result.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Why must you be in the minority?

Last season we would have drew or lost that and you cunts would have complained less. 

First team in history to concede just 3 goals in their first 9 games. 

Still undefeated. 

Played all the other 3 teams making up the top 4 and even they couldn't beat us. 

The other 3 haven't played each other yet either, so they'll take points off each other soon enough. 

Fuck the haters. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Minority match report

• Upvote 1