You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield(a) PL- match thread

LFC 6 Times

So we are potentially without VVD, Salah, Mane, and Keita. Anyone I missed? All because of international fucking friendlies. We tend to suffer injuries on international week more than most clubs for some bizarre reason. We should fucking sue UEFA and FIFA. Absolute cunts.

11 hours ago, Baltar said:

So we are potentially without VVD, Salah, Mane, and Keita. Anyone I missed? All because of international fucking friendlies. We tend to suffer injuries on international week more than most clubs for some bizarre reason. We should fucking sue UEFA and FIFA. Absolute cunts.

I thought the rules stated that if a player is injured while on international duty the players wages while injured are paid by the relevant Football Association. Certainly this used to be the case. 

If so, perhaps its a cunning plan by FSG to cut expenses by deliberately getting our highest paid players injured while on international duty. 

I know that Klopp won't stand in the way of players wanting to represent their country but I can't help thinking we'd be best serving our own interests once in a while. VVD and Keita shouldn't have been allowed to play a minute given the recent injuries that they've actually had, or clearly still have in VVD's case.

FWIW I expect Salah and VVD to line up on Saturday but I think that a couple of weeks off would serve us much better in the long run, and I'm pretty sure that other clubs think and act this way.

VVD will play if Klopp wants him to. He played agin Citeh with the rib problem and has had a week off. Mane's thumb shouldn't be too much of an issue if we feel we need him. Thought Mo's injury was more likely to mean he was missing satdee. Hope Bobby came through 90 minutes in the middle east unscathed.

Gomez and Dejan in the centre of defence should be good enough. Gini, Milner (if ready) and Hendoin the middle and Bobby, Sadio and Shaq up top should score a couple in Yorkshire.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, Baltar said:

The quality of hugging from international managers is severely lacking when compared to Kloppo.

If you doubt me you are doubting our manager. You cunt.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hugging-benefits

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thought the rules stated that if a player is injured while on international duty the players wages while injured are paid by the relevant Football Association. Certainly this used to be the case. 

If so, perhaps its a cunning plan by FSG to cut expenses by deliberately getting our highest paid players injured while on international duty. 

Given the money the clubs are awash with these days, a players wages are relatively insignificant. If a team loses 2 or 3 important players even for one match it can have a significant effect on the rest of the season.

Internationals should be played after the regular season with at least a one month break before the league kicks off.

The next World Cup will be a total cunt, played in the middle of the season with more games than ever because of FIFA corruption and the fact that none of the idiots twigged it was warm in the desert in summer.