Quantcast
Most underrated/overrated player in the Premiership? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Elite

Most underrated/overrated player in the Premiership?

Most overrated is Willian. By far.

Underrated I would say Ozil because the amount of criticism he gets is off the charts.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why can't we choose Liverpool players?

Because it's difficult to be impartial when you're a fan and It's interesting to hear people's opinions about other teams players.

Underrated - David Silva. Still doesn't get the credit he deserves.

The opposite to sir roger for me, I'm finding it hard to think of somebody overrated.  Sterling, Lukaku or Maguire maybe, but they all have plenty of critics anyway, no? Otamendi is overrated if anybody thinks he's even a passable professional footballer.

Overrated: Danny Rose. Almost entirely reliant on his athleticism, added to a lack of tactical nous defensively and a lack of end product in attacking positions.

• Upvote 1

Over rated - Lloris,  makes as many mistakes as Mingolet or Karius.

Under rated - Azpalecueta , he's maybe not totally underrated but he's not spoken about as the best defender in the league as he has been for the last 4 years ( until VVD took over). David Silva is another who doesn't get recognised for just how good he is. 

While he may well explode this season, Hazard is to date over rated. 1 season out of 6 where he’s had more than 15 league goals; he’s never hit 20 in a season across all competitions. Salah scored more league goals last season than Hazard’s two highest scoring seasons combined! And Carragher compared Hazard to PELE and MARADONA, not to mention the Messi / Ronaldo comparisons that periodically come.

Conversely Id agree with the earlier post that Azpicueta is under rated. Really imperious defender.

34 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

While he may well explode this season, Hazard is to date over rated. 1 season out of 6 where he’s had more than 15 league goals; he’s never hit 20 in a season across all competitions. Salah scored more league goals last season than Hazard’s two highest scoring seasons combined! And Carragher compared Hazard to PELE and MARADONA, not to mention the Messi / Ronaldo comparisons that periodically come.

Conversely Id agree with the earlier post that Azpicueta is under rated. Really imperious defender.

I think Hazards temperament is the issue, not his ability.

Agree on Pickford for the overrated.

I'd say Sterling is underrated.  He always seems to get criticised, especially for his finishing, but he's still banging in the goals.

Another vote for Azpilicueta. I think he's taken over from Zabaleta who was also criminally underrated. 

Overrated - Maybe Dele Alli.

Underrated: Roberto Pereyra. He's a bit like Maxi Rodriguez in that he doesn't stand out in any one area (be it pace, passing range, dribbling skills, shooting, etc) but always seems to make a telling contribution in the final third when his team are attacking. Maxi had more of an eye for goal whereas Pereyra is more likely to carry the ball.

15 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Another vote for Azpilicueta. I think he's taken over from Zabaleta who was also criminally underrated. 

Overrated - Maybe Dele Alli.

I’m a bit disappointed by Alli, he’s turned to more of a second striker than a CM.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m a bit disappointed by Alli, he’s turned to more of a second striker than a CM.

I don't think they have a position for him. He isn't a second striker, and he's nowhere near as good Eriksen.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't think they have a position for him. He isn't a second striker, and he's nowhere near as good Eriksen.

I genuinely thought he’d be a box-to-box midfielder; the role Milner is playing for us this year. However over the past couple of years or so... he’s become less involved in the build-up play until it reaches the final third.

I think Alli could be a late bloomer, as he's caught in a positional no mans land at the moment but he's obviously a talented player who knows where the net is.

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

Agree on Pickford for the overrated.

I'd say Sterling is underrated.  He always seems to get criticised, especially for his finishing, but he's still banging in the goals.

Tapping in the goals.