You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most underrated/overrated player in the Premiership?

Elite

Under: Will Hughes - bit of a reach to say the least (Son and Eriksen both good shouts), but I think he not only looks ready for the Premiership at last, I think he looks pretty fucking good.  Surprised to not see him feature in the squad.

Over: Lingard - he's 25, not 21.  He's about as good as he's going to get, not the second coming.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Under: Will Hughes - bit of a reach to say the least (Son and Eriksen both good shouts), but I think he not only looks ready for the Premiership at last, I think he looks pretty fucking good.  Surprised to not see him feature in the squad.

Over: Lingard - he's 25, not 21.  He's about as good as he's going to get, not the second coming.

Everytime I've seen him for Watford he has been top drawer. 

Over: Kyle Walker - he's a sprinter in football boots.

Under: Azpilicueta - an incredible defender. The best in the league for the last few seasons until Virgil started slapping his cock on every attacker he's come across.

40 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Stig, myself and I think maybe Pidge are probably the only posters who time and again drop English players into players we should sign in the transfer window threads. Compare to hundreds of  posters who’d namedrop some Bundesliga or Ligue 1 players every week e.g., @3 Stacks @Ne Moe Imya etc.

Bravo!

37 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Stig, myself and I think maybe Pidge are probably the only posters who time and again drop English players into players we should sign in the transfer window threads. Compare to hundreds of  posters who’d namedrop some Bundesliga or Ligue 1 players every week e.g., @3 Stacks @Ne Moe Imya etc.

Ahem. Somebody's forgetting my Lee Cattermole and David Nugent suggestions at the height of Hodgemania.

Still would have done a better job than Poulsen and Jovanovic.

• Upvote 3

To be fair Cattermole actually looked like he might become a decent player when he was playing for the U21s.  I was mainly calling for Alli when he was at MK Dons.  Still annoyed about it, although he seems to be losing his way a bit, which I don't think would've happened if he played for us. 

Just now, Pidge said:

To be fair Cattermole actually looked like he might become a decent player when he was playing for the U21s.  I was mainly calling for Alli when he was at MK Dons.  Still annoyed about it, although he seems to be losing his way a bit, which I don't think would've happened if he played for us. 

Milner was an obvious one ignored by all the top clubs for too long. He was a machine from the first time he set foot on a pitch. Better later than never though.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Milner was an obvious one ignored by all the top clubs for too long. He was a machine from the first time he set foot on a pitch. Better later than never though.

Has he been a better signing than Gary Macca do you think?

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

And then you go and spoil it all by telling everybody that............

In terms of importance to the team I meant. I loved Gary Macca, but at the time we had Gerrard, Hamann and Murphy at centre mid. One credible GOAT candidate, one world class midfielder at the time and a good solid premier league player.

• Downvote 1