Quantcast
Patriotism - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Patriotism

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Haha calling for a ban for claiming the English frown upon patriotism. Some comedy acts masquerading as posters on here.

Are you saying I called for a ban?

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

To a degree yes it is and I know the type , nothing to with that or the football fan prick type , so i am allowed cheers.

Its not me thats telling you you can't have it. I couldn't really give a fuck. I'll leave it to the cwusaders.

If patriotism hadn’t been commandeered by racists it wouldn’t really be an issue. 

Problem is its used now to make people feel like they aren’t included because they weren’t born somewhere. 

Since Brexit I don’t feel like I particularly belong anywhere, 

i was just born born into the world and I’m doing the best I can to make mine and my kids lives better. 

• Upvote 3

On 02/08/2019 at 06:43, TheBitch said:

Bet The HowieLama has got Stars and stripes in his study and he sits in his leather chair quaffing bourbon and smoking cigars.

Yea buddy -- usually in a red, white and blue onesie with these slippers

x354-q80.jpg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

If patriotism hadn’t been commandeered by racists it wouldn’t really be an issue. 

Problem is its used now to make people feel like they aren’t included because they weren’t born somewhere. 

i was just born born into the world and I’m doing the best I can to make mine and my kids lives better. 

I think we can define our own patriotism.

People who espouse patriotism very often are the least patriotic. Many of our leaders for example, past and present, will send lads into battle with a speech and some faux flag-waving, yet will happily break bread with Russian oligarchs and preside over a capital city where people can't afford a home because it's all been whored out to Chinese developers, or a university system that does the same.

Patriotism for me is what I posted in the 'what makes you proud to be British' thread.

I like our eccentricity (chasing cheese down hills, drawing giant cocks on the side of hills while everyone else was building pyramids and aquaducts), our fairness (even our crooks are honest, very rare you get pick-pocketed in British cities), our underdog spirit, the fact we stand up to bullies and call out shitbags (Trump has had undeniably his worst welcome in London).

You only appreciate the British when you're among a lot of foreigners and there's a couple of Brits there. I don't mean this in a little Britain kind of way, I just mean our ways and the shit we find funny don't often translate or travel well.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think we can define our own patriotism.

People who espouse patriotism very often are the least patriotic. Many of our leaders for example, past and present, will send lads into battle with a speech and some faux flag-waving, yet will happily break bread with Russian oligarchs and preside over a capital city where people can't afford a home because it's all been whored out to Chinese developers, or a university system that does the same.

Patriotism for me is what I posted in the 'what makes you proud to be British' thread.

I like our eccentricity (chasing cheese down hills, drawing giant cocks on the side of hills while everyone else was building pyramids and aquaducts), our fairness (even our crooks are honest, very rare you get pick-pocketed in British cities), our underdog spirit, the fact we stand up to bullies and call out shitbags (Trump has had undeniably his worst welcome in London).

You only appreciate the British when you're among a lot of foreigners and there's a couple of Brits there. I don't mean this in a little Britain kind of way, I just mean our ways and the shit we find funny don't often translate or travel well.

Our sense of humour and self deprecation is quite unique and is often copied by comedians and satirists,not just British ones either. Brexit has given the cunts a voice when previously they didn't have one.

On 03/08/2019 at 11:18, Fowlers God said:

You'd find that a lot easier if you hadn't started off their wonderful joinery by calling them Tetris, Lancelot and Combine Harvester fella 

• Upvote 1