You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Patriotism

aRdja

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

TNothing wrong with Patriotism I suppose, but if you’re from England it’s not allowed though permitted everywhere else which is quite odd considering the twats that hate England but are quite happy to be part of it and dance to other countries patriotism, Went The Day Well??

What have you been drinking tonight Tommy? 

9 hours ago, easytoslip said:

TNothing wrong with Patriotism I suppose, but if you’re from England it’s not allowed though permitted everywhere else which is quite odd considering the twats that hate England but are quite happy to be part of it and dance to other countries patriotism, Went The Day Well??

Have I accidently opened the Daily Mail comments page?

Embarrassing, Katie Hopkinsesque, chip on the shoulder, utter nonsense. 

As bad as the gobshites who say "You can't say anything these days". When what they actually want to say is  racist/homophobic/misogynistic/xenophobic crap.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

As bad as the gobshites who say "You can't say anything these days". When what they actually want to say is  racist/homophobic/misogynistic/xenophobic crap.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Daily Mail yawn , that’s bollocks what you just wrote, and none of the usual accusations apply here thanks , might of known , all together now.

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Sometimes they like the Confederate flag though which was, like, the enemy of the United States? 

I don't know what the rules are. 

I think the Stars and Stripes is for the racists who want to hide it. The confederate one just shows you don't care if they know you are.

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Racist? Is that a favourite word here , people can’t stop using it probably with a smug smile after accusing someone of it like liberal type Mr Righteousness.

Nope.  Wasn't saying you're racist.  Wasn't even hinting towards that.  Now I see you desperately want that though don't you?

You're really trying very very hard aren't you?  But no one is really paying you that much serious attention other than a few comments just basically laughing at you. In the end you'll resort to something daft though.  They always do.

As a matter of interest, which forum will you go back to to say you got banned from the TLW?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

Nope.  Wasn't saying you're racist.  Wasn't even hinting towards that.  Now I see you desperately want that though don't you?

You're really trying very very hard aren't you?  But no one is really paying you that much serious attention other than a few comments just basically laughing at you. In the end you'll resort to something daft though.  They always do.

As a matter of interest, which forum will you go back to to say you got banned from the TLW?

RAWK?

19 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

What? Don’t get the really trying hard bit, to do what exactly? I’ve just replied that’s all , and why should I be banned , I’ve not accused or slagged anyone or anything, and as for Forums , this is the only one I’m on , don’t know of others , what is RAWK ? 

Oh apart from old photos of Liverpool and a group about the area of Liverpool I grew up in , so not a clue about forums

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

What? Don’t get the really trying hard bit, to do what exactly? I’ve just replied that’s all , and why should I be banned , I’ve not accused or slagged anyone or anything, and as for Forums , this is the only one I’m on , don’t know of others , what is RAWK ? 

Oh apart from old photos of Liverpool and a group about the area of Liverpool I grew up in , so not a clue about forums

Are you having some sort of breakdown?

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

That’s fuckin’ shite mate , Cillit Bang is where it’s at, or as cunts say now it’s my go to.

I bloody hate Cillit Bang. Every day I seem to deal with customers from Sylhet, Bangladesh, and every time it puts me in mind of cleaning products. Stupid bloody name.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Of course it's 'allowed'. One of the good things about this country is the amounts of freedom we have. One of the freedoms other people enjoy is saying they thing patriotism is folly, and sometimes it can be quite negative with a contingent of racists attached to it. You see, that's how freedom works. What you don't have the freedom to do is have your view and beliefs completely unchallenged. That's the cost of freedom, I'm afraid. I'd guess by your posts you're not a big fan of certain freedoms, but piss the bed when your own freedoms are even questioned. 

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Of course it's 'allowed'. One of the good things about this country is the amounts of freedom we have. One of the freedoms other people enjoy is saying they thing patriotism is folly, and sometimes it can be quite negative with a contingent of racists attached to it. You see, that's how freedom works. What you don't have the freedom to do is have your view and beliefs completely unchallenged. That's the cost of freedom, I'm afraid. I'd guess by your posts you're not a big fan of certain freedoms, but piss the bed when your own freedoms are even questioned. 

Patriotism is fine, nothing wrong with being proud of your country of birth etc. However, many take it too far and in doing so believe they are superior to other countries or indeed races. Quite a few just use it as a shield to hind behind, they know little about their own history, never mind mankind's in general. They also seem to have a built in filter to conveniently forget about all the bad shit their forefathers got up to.