Quantcast
Cheese on toast - Page 8 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sugar Ape

Cheese on toast

13 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

That’s a fucking griddle Pan you whopper.

The fuck it is hedgehog - grill marks are made by a grilling pan - when you grill something.

13 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So what's a grill pan for if it doesn't leave grill marks?

Griddlin'. 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The fuck it is hedgehog - grill marks are made by a grilling pan - when you grill something.

Griddlin'. 

Fuck me I just got educated, a griddle pan is just a big fucking heavy flat pan?

7 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Fuck me I just got educated, a griddle pan is just a big fucking heavy flat pan?

Got short sides too - for flipping stuff that needs flipping.

16 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Re. poached eggs, do not use one of these bastards, not unless you like your eggs to have the consistency of rubber.

76610319-EB1F-47A1-B621-6A347F6C9BA9.jpeg

Agreed, poached eggs need to be in a pan (don’t ask what fucking kind), of hot water, I believe cling film is a useful tool to keep the little bastards bound

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Lahey said:

That's a griddle pan. A grill pan lives in the oven. In terms of poached eggs, white wine vinegar is your friend

Got to be good to do them with vinegar. Griddle wise, I am now siding with the merican 

Every once in a while I make garlic toast, then throw some cheese on it and melt that, then use the cheese on garlic toast to make a BLT, or a hamburger, or a club sandwich.

Then I take my lipitor.

7 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Got to be good to do them with vinegar. Griddle wise, I am now siding with the merican 

Just lash a bit in with the water and it stops the eggs from breaking up. Do not put salt in. Can't be arsed with poached eggs anyway. Fry smoked bacon, grill sausages and stornaway black pudding, put on a warm plate in oven and finally fry eggs. Serve with buttered toast and daddy's brown sauce. Winner. Nothing against beans just can't be arsed with them

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jim Lahey said:

Just lash a bit in with the water and it stops the eggs from breaking up. Do not put salt in. Can't be arsed with poached eggs anyway. Fry smoked bacon, grill sausages and stornaway black pudding, put on a warm plate in oven and finally fry eggs. Serve with buttered toast and daddy's brown sauce. Winner. Nothing against beans just can't be arsed with them

Fuck’s sake, Jim, Daddy’s sauce is for bastards. HP or nothing.

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Fuck’s sake, Jim, Daddy’s sauce is for bastards. HP or nothing.

Haha, I knew that wouldn't go down well Tony. Daddy's owns though. HP is too fruity

Careful now lads, heading into brekkie territory here. Don’t mind the odd daddies, goes well in a sayers sausage roll butty. Always wind up whoever I’m staying with back home that it’s the cheap shit if they have it.

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Every once in a while I make garlic toast, then throw some cheese on it and melt that, then use the cheese on garlic toast to make a BLT, or a hamburger, or a club sandwich.

Then I take my lipitor.

Fuck me, surprised yer can breathe after that lot.

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Then I take my lipitor.

8B1BCE29-DEB2-4C1F-937E-936E05617A5C.gif

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Agreed, poached eggs need to be in a pan (don’t ask what fucking kind), of hot water, I believe cling film is a useful tool to keep the little bastards bound

Interesting tip, I have a couple of eggs left and cling film. Surprised it wouldn't melt though.

3 hours ago, Jim Lahey said:

That's a griddle pan. A grill pan lives in the oven. In terms of poached eggs, white wine vinegar is your friend

If cling film doesn't work, I'll look at white wine vinegar.

27 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Interesting tip, I have a couple of eggs left and cling film. Surprised it wouldn't melt though.

If cling film doesn't work, I'll look at white wine vinegar.

White wine vinegar? La-di-da.

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Frying pan is a shallow pan for frying. What about deeper ones, what are they called? Is that called a saucepan? The naming convention confuses me.

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Pans. 

There are too many varieties for them all to be called pans. A frying pan is for frying.

This apparently is a stock pot. Presumably to make stocks?

stockpotbuying.jpg

This is a sauté pan. For sautéing? Whatever that is

sautebuying.jpg

This is a sauce pan. I would have assumed from it's name it for saucing but nooooooooo....

saucepanbuying.jpg

This is a braiser pan. For braising...

braiserbuying.jpg

This is a grill pan. For grilling...see

griddlebuying.jpg

And this is a wok...What does that actually mean?

wokbuying.jpg

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not to make it more difficult but that is actually a griddle not a grill pan.

Wok n woll bitch

Wok means cooking pot. They had to be different.

Apparently some call it a griddle, some call it a grill pan. I guess pan just makes it consistent. Unless you're Chinese, then you have to say pot.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

NO!!

A grill pan has thingies to make grill marks.

8c94f3cc-1a64-4ff3-a4da-a24c33cdcaa3_1.f

Even worse you are into another metal

So what's a grill pan for if it doesn't leave grill marks?

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Got short sides too - for flipping stuff that needs flipping.

Fucking mumsnet

• Like 1

Poached eggs are simple. Boil some water then pour into the pan. Turn the heat up.  Add a splash of vinegar. Keep it boiling and crack your egg on the side off the pan then drop it into the water. Leave it for two minutes then scoop it out with a spatula, letting any excess water drain off then put it on your toast. 

If you use one of them poachers like Tony has shown then it’s like shagging with a Johnny on.