You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheese on toast

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, Elite said:

One thing I have never had is Eggs Benedict. Any good?

Boss swag, as long as the hollandaise is good. Had one in Hawaii that was fucking awful as the sauce was sweet.

had one at a hipster yard down here in Prahran, where they used pulled pork instead of bacon, it was fucking massive, had to take a shut half way through. 
when you get someone who knows how to make a good hollandaise, they are awesome, also on a croissant rather than bread.

i can have another one in about 18 months, due to the raw eggs.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, poached egg on cheese on toast.

I have never managed to poach an egg. I swirl the water and the egg just drops to the bottom and sticks to the thing that holds the boiling water (how can you forget the name of the thing that you put on the hob to boil water?)

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have never managed to poach an egg. I swirl the water and the egg just drops to the bottom and sticks to the thing that holds the boiling water (how can you forget the name of the thing that you put on the hob to boil water?)

Get one of the egg machines pal - easy peasy. The eggs don't have as good a look (triangular - oy) but once you dial in the time, they are perfect everytime with zero waste and minimal cleanup. Also good for soft boileds.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Get one of the egg machines pal - easy peasy. The eggs don't have as good a look (triangular - oy) but once you dial in the time, they are perfect everytime with zero waste and minimal cleanup. Also good for soft boileds.

I didn't know there was such a thing, I knew there was an egg boiler but egg poacher? I'll look into it report back to @Tony Moanero's finding whether poached egg and cheese on toast is boss.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Did you seriously just forget that a pan is called a pan? What the fuck?

Frying pan is a shallow pan for frying. What about deeper ones, what are they called? Is that called a saucepan? The naming convention confuses me.

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

I didn't know there was such a thing, I knew there was an egg boiler but egg poacher? I'll look into it report back to @Tony Moanero's finding whether poached egg and cheese on toast is boss.

Something like this:

GUEST_68b8ca39-de55-477e-a900-9df65242ea

There are different water levels for each kind (3 min, 4 min, hard boiled)  -- and there is also an insert where you do poached.

This apparently is a stock pot. Presumably to make stocks?

stockpotbuying.jpg

This is a sauté pan. For sautéing? Whatever that is

sautebuying.jpg

This is a sauce pan. I would have assumed from it's name it for saucing but nooooooooo....

saucepanbuying.jpg

This is a braiser pan. For braising...

braiserbuying.jpg

This is a grill pan. For grilling...see

griddlebuying.jpg

And this is a wok...What does that actually mean?

wokbuying.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Something like this:

GUEST_68b8ca39-de55-477e-a900-9df65242ea

There are different water levels for each kind (3 min, 4 min, hard boiled)  -- and there is also an insert where you do poached.

I'll look into that, definitely.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This apparently is a stock pot. Presumably to make stocks?

stockpotbuying.jpg

This is a sauté pan. For sautéing? Whatever that is

sautebuying.jpg

This is a sauce pan. I would have assumed from it's name it for saucing but nooooooooo....

saucepanbuying.jpg

This is a braiser pan. For braising...

braiserbuying.jpg

This is a grill pan. For grilling...see

griddlebuying.jpg

And this is a wok...What does that actually mean?

wokbuying.jpg

See, ponces and nonces. If someone says “stick it in a pan” they’re clearly referring to a saucepan. 

PANS. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Not to make it more difficult but that is actually a griddle not a grill pan.

Wok n woll bitch

Apparently some call it a griddle, some call it a grill pan. I guess pan just makes it consistent. Unless you're Chinese, then you have to say pot.