You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheese on toast

Sugar Ape

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Poached eggs are simple. Boil some water then pour into the pan. Turn the heat up.  Add a splash of vinegar. Keep it boiling and crack your egg on the side off the pan then drop it into the water. Leave it for two minutes then scoop it out with a spatula, letting any excess water drain off then put it on your toast. 

If you use one of them poachers like Tony has shown then it’s like shagging with a Johnny on. 

rs56_WgPkerWGVQmONDfCY8V-qcp-vbt4tmS7-0a

I've actually made this an art, a simple, idiot proof art.  Allow me to explain. 

Get the old, battered, no longer non-stick frying pan from the back of your cupboard.  It should, obviously, not be like a crepe pan, but have decent sides. 

Boil your kettle and fill the pan with about 3" of water, add salt. 

Reduce heat until the water is just short of a simmer.  No stirring, no making a tornado, no vinegar. 

Take the eggs which are at room temperature and gently crack them into the shallow water.  Put a large lid on top of the pan.  Cook until you shake the eggs and the white is firm but the yolks are not. 

Fish out with a slotted spoon or spatula and serve. 

Enjoy your perfect poached eggs and when your other half (seduced by the eggs) is going to town playing your meat clarinet and you're about to spaff your beans make sure you think "Thank You, Paulie Dangerously."

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I genuinely think you are cracking up like Jack Torrance lately. You’ve gone kamikaze 

Definitlely feeling the effects of lockdown.

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've actually made this an art, a simple, idiot proof art.  Allow me to explain. 

Get the old, battered, no longer non-stick frying pan from the back of your cupboard.  It should, obviously, not be like a crepe pan, but have decent sides. 

Reduce heat until the water is just short of a simmer.  No stirring, no making a tornado, no vinegar. 

Take the eggs which are at room temperature and gently crack them into the shallow water.  Put a large lid on top of the pan.  Cook until you shake the eggs and the white is firm but the yolks are not. 

Enjoy your perfect poached eggs and when your other half (seduced by the eggs) is going to town playing your meat clarinet and you're about to spaff your beans make sure you think "Thank You, Paulie Dangerously."

Mine are better. 

why do people do that swirly thing? I’ve never done it. Seems pointless when my poached eggs come out with a blessing from God. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Poached eggs are simple. Boil some water then pour into the pan. Turn the heat up.  Add a splash of vinegar. Keep it boiling and crack your egg on the side off the pan then drop it into the water. Leave it for two minutes then scoop it out with a spatula, letting any excess water drain off then put it on your toast. 

If you use one of them poachers like Tony has shown then it’s like shagging with a Johnny on. 

A spatula?? Don’t you mean a slotted spoon you’re not balancing slippy fucking poached eggs off a spatula.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Again with the spatula?? And fucking inches? Who taught you this @stringvest

13 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just a reminder for you about the time you followed my advice about slinging pesto and olives into an omelette.

I recently found a boss way of making fluffy omelettes, you separate the whites and yolks, whizz them up with an electric (preferably) whisk until the whites form peaks and the yolks have doubled in volume. Then gently fold the mixture together and cook in a frying pan on the lowest flame you can get with a lid on top. This style is great for adding fillings which get nicely sandwiched (naturally cheese is ideal for this) by the fluffy eggs. You can flip the omelette, grill it or fold it to finish it off and mark my words if she don't finish you off the omelette will have already done the job

• Upvote 1