You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheese on toast

Sugar Ape

On 20/10/2019 at 19:42, RJ Fan club said:

I’m bang into toasties at the moment. 

cheddar and chorizo for me tea tonight. Yeah Tea, you heard 

There used to be a company called cheese posties that sent you a package for weird and wonderful toasties once a week. They were, without exception, brilliant.

Different cheeses, meats, sauces, jams etc. Sadly the company went bust.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There used to be a company called cheese posties that sent you a package for weird and wonderful toasties once a week. They were, without exception, brilliant.

It's almost as if people can make their own cheese toasties very easily!

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

It's almost as if people can make their own cheese toasties very easily!

Ey, they can, but as with most things human you get in to routines and don’t get the full compliment of the bounteous fare that the good lord hath provided. So why not let another introduce you to things you might not otherwise try?

Why not allow yourself some joy, Rem? 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Ey, they can, but as with most things human you get in to routines and don’t get the full compliment of the bounteous fare that the good lord hath provided.

Why not allow yourself some joy, Rem? 

True mate, just being an arse, I was actually dead intrigued when I first heard about it. Did you subscribe? Was it the best part of a fiver for a toastie?

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

True mate, just being an arse, I was actually dead intrigued when I first heard about it. Did you subscribe? Was it the best part of a fiver for a toastie?

The Mrs got me a subscription for a present. It was fantastic, genuinely you’d look forward to having it as a snack after work on Thursdays. Some weird things I’d not think of putting together, goats cheese, pineapple & bacon, Brie & apple. There was an awesome BBQ one with loads of different smoked cheeses. Great as a treat, but yeah, you’re right pricey. It was cheaper the more you bought so it worked out about three quid for mine.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Brown Bread, so to speak. 

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Elite said:

Whatever I can find. It's a fucking warzone out there.

Have you got a Costco card? Went to the one in Haydock the other day and by far the best experience I’ve had in a shop. Five mins to get in and hardly anyone in there. No one in my space, fully stocked with everything from bog rolls to freshly baked goods and more importantly absolutely loads of big blocks of coastal cheddar. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Have you got a Costco card? Went to the one in Haydock the other day and by far the best experience I’ve had in a shop. Five mins to get in and hardly anyone in there. No one in my space, fully stocked with everything from bog rolls to freshly baked goods and more importantly absolutely loads of big blocks of coastal cheddar. 

No. I might look into getting one, sounds like a better experience than queuing outside Tesco for 30 minutes and everyone ignoring social distancing once inside.