You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Keita played 19 minutes and is still settling, Henderson is our leader. How many goals sine his Chelsea stunner? Or is he just here to provide legs?

Not sure of the relevance of Hendo being ‘our leader” is. When Keita starts playing better than Henderson then he should start ahead him. However until then he needs to wait patiently.

30 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’d like to see Shaq in the 10. Then against shit teams, go with with Naby and Gini behind him. Attack. 

I’d like to see Bobby play the no 10 against the dross, and then have Sturridge (I know) or move Mo up top to make a place for Shaq. Think we did something similar last season v Brighton at home, Bobby as a 10 with Solanke up top. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Not sure of the relevance of Hendo being ‘our leader” is. When Keita starts playing better than Henderson then he should start ahead him. However until then he needs to wait patiently.

If Keita this season had already scored and provided a few assists would that make him better?

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If Keita this season had already scored and provided a few assists would that make him better?

It’s hard to say without the full picture... I mean Pogba for example, he has given United good numbers this season, but you’d struggle to find a United fan who’d honestly tell you that he’s had a good start to the season.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It’s hard to say without the full picture... I mean Pogba for example, he has given United good numbers this season, but you’d struggle to find a United fan who’d honestly tell you that he’s had a good start to the season.

What about if that was his sole contribution in May. If the forwards don’t find form like last season, would he deserve his place as an all round midfielder like Henderson is. They both can play all over midfield. Different types but yoo get the gist. Would that be enough for you from midfield over a full season, forty plus games?

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What about if that was his sole contribution in May. If the forwards don’t find form like last season, would he deserve his place as an all round midfielder like Henderson is. They both can play all over midfield. Different types but yoo get the gist. Would that be enough for you from midfield over a full season, forty plus games?

I’m not really sure I fully understand the question mate.

Just now, aRdja said:

I’m not really sure I fully understand the question mate.

Henderson had one goal and two assists last season in all games. Similar I think to the much maligned Wijnaldum. Sorry for being a bit of a nob but Keita to me is what the Ox is to you, I rate him. Watched a lot in the last two years, I understand you have to earn your place, but you also have to earn it to keep it. A few cameos when you have effectively been dropped does’nt cut it for me i’m afraid.

Does Henderson lack the ability or the courage. Bit of both for me.

I dreamt at one point of a Fabinho, Keita and Fekir midfield. Hopefully the two lads get in soon, they both have the quality but are taking time to settle.

45 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

This is the problem. Half the issue with our forward line not firing is that the midfield is workmanlike at best. They are usually 20/30 yards away from the front 3. What chance have they got when they are easily swamped by the opposition defenders? 

Having said that we're probably leading the charts for sideway, backward passing.

26 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Henderson had one goal and two assists last season in all games. Similar I think to the much maligned Wijnaldum. Sorry for being a bit of a nob but Keita to me is what the Ox is to you, I rate him. Watched a lot in the last two years, I understand you have to earn your place, but you also have to earn it to keep it. A few cameos when you have effectively been dropped does’nt cut it for me i’m afraid.

Does Henderson lack the ability or the courage. Bit of both for me.

I dreamt at one point of a Fabinho, Keita and Fekir midfield. Hopefully the two lads get in soon, they both have the quality but are taking time to settle.

Ox only got a run of regular games when he proved himself in that role. Klopp never just gifted him the midfield spot. He had to earn it. The game against Bournemouth away I think was the turning point for him, where he was best on ground, and he never looked back. I’m happy for Klopp to take the same approach with Keita (and Fabinho).

21 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Ox only got a run of regular games when he proved himself in that role. Klopp never just gifted him the midfield spot. He had to earn it. The game against Bournemouth away I think was the turning point for him, where he was best on ground, and he never looked back. I’m happy for Klopp to take the same approach with Keita (and Fabinho).

He was very good for a few months running up to the injury. It was a shame, hopefully he can come back the same the player.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He was very good for a few months running up to the injury. It was a shame, hopefully he can come back the same the player.

Yep. Unfortunately from the latest report (see below), that’s losing unlikely. I really feel for him. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-expert-analysis-reveals-the-ultimate-challenge-facing-liverpool-midfielder/

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

He gets a lot of grief (some deserved), but fair play to him.. that’s one of the best tackles I’ve seen in the past couple of years. Against one of the best dribblers in the world in Mahrez too.

One of the TAW guys just called it one of the best tackles he’s ever seen.

• Downvote 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45787953

Saw a stat yesterday that said in their last 25 away games before yesterday that they had lost once!.....to us last season.

20 wins - 4 draws and that defeat to us.

The cowardly shite that clogs up the league really need to start standing up to them or this article will be there or thereabouts again.