You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Not really unscathed.  We lost in both cup competitions and just about scraped the minimum from the Chelsea and Man City games, whilst we appear to have lost a lot of form all of sudden and our forward line is getting worse if anything rather than rounding into form.

Or... we've beat Tottenham away, PSG at home, knocked a fair few goals in past West Ham and Southampton without trying, negotiated tricky games in Leicester and Palace away, and are joint top of the league going into the international break having played Spurs, Chelsea and Man City. 

Hopefully we'll stick a few past Huddersfield and Cardiff and will be back at our best. Well, that's what i'm crossing my fingers for anyway! 

Saying that, looking at Man City's next few fixtures includes Burnley, Fulham and Southampton at home. Fuck sake. 

Chelsea have got Man U then Burnley away. Then Palace, Everton and Tottenham. 

37 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Or... we've beat Tottenham away, PSG at home, knocked a fair few goals in past West Ham and Southampton without trying, negotiated tricky games in Leicester and Palace away, and are joint top of the league going into the international break having played Spurs, Chelsea and Man City. 

Hopefully we'll stick a few past Huddersfield and Cardiff and will be back at our best. Well, that's what i'm crossing my fingers for anyway! 

Saying that, looking at Man City's next few fixtures includes Burnley, Fulham and Southampton at home. Fuck sake. 

Chelsea have got Man U then Burnley away. Then Palace, Everton and Tottenham. 

Or. 20 points after 8 matches incl. 3 against the top 4 teams = 2,5 points average .

2,5 points average gives you 95 points at the end of the season

30 matches to go, 5 against the top teams.

As always we've had a slow start of the season. Let's hope it gets better when our forwards find their feets.

38 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Free Keita up with two behind or use Shaqiri there. Could be as simple as that. Hopefully.

Yep. I think Fabinho - Wijnaldum could be a fruitful partnership, giving us the freedom to play a number 10. Keïta has definitely looked at his most comfortable near the opposition area

1 minute ago, moof said:

That’s probably what I’d go with for Huddersfield and Cardiff 

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with dropping in-form players like Milner to accommodate Naby, if I’m honest. He needs to earn his spot. He was the least impressive of the CMs yesterday IMO. Like Ox last season, he should be made to work for his spot.  

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with dropping in-form players like Milner to accommodate Naby, if I’m honest. He needs to earn his spot. He was the least impressive of the CMs yesterday IMO. Like Ox last season, he should be made to work for his spot.  

Drop Henderson again then. He isn’t in form. Nice mention for AOC again.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah, I get that. Just the midfield has been rather pedestrian for a few weeks so I wouldn’t be averse to changing it. If push comes to shove, I might be a little more conservative, wait and see where the land lies after the international break.

You could be of the opinion that if the front three were firing all would be well like last season, fair point. However, they’re not. So if this midfield cannot offer more going forward then something must be done. Shaqiri in my opinion should play against so called lesser teams home and away. 

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You could be of the opinion that if the front three were firing all would be well like last season, fair point. However, they’re not. So if this midfield cannot offer more going forward then something must be done. Shaqiri in my opinion should play against so called lesser teams home and away. 

I don’t understand this logic if I’m honest. The most obvious step, surely would be to change the front three, if they weren’t performing. 

7 minutes ago, moof said:

Yeah, I get that. Just the midfield has been rather pedestrian for a few weeks so I wouldn’t be averse to changing it. If push comes to shove, I might be a little more conservative, wait and see where the land lies after the international break.

I guess my point is that Keita has been quite heavily involved in the past few weeks, and he hasn’t been overly impressive himself.

Just now, aRdja said:

I don’t understand this logic if I’m honest. The most obvious step, surely would be to change the front three, if they weren’t performing. 

What is the midfield offering attack wise? Is it solely down to the front 3 and fullbacks? We’re missing Ox aren’t we?

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

I guess my point is that Keita has been quite heavily involved in the past few weeks, and he hasn’t been overly impressive himself.

No, but he has more potential upside and has played very well in a midfield two in the past. If Milner gets himself fully fit and refreshed I’d have no qualms about him playing, but it would be to our great benefit to get Nabs up to speed asap

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What is the midfield offering attack wise? Is it solely down to the front 3 and fullbacks? We’re missing Ox aren’t we?

What is the attack offering attack wise? Why absolve them of any accountability? We have great players like Shaqiri and Sturridge on the bench, who have done a lot better than Keita when given the chance.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He was better than Keita last night IMO, and he did a better job than than Keita, after replacing him in Naples. 

Keita played 19 minutes and is still settling, Henderson is our leader. How many goals sine his Chelsea stunner? Or is he just here to provide legs?