You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

I guess it’s been a tough run & physically and mentally it can’t be easy to perform at that level 100% of the time... but the lack of urgency at times, constant sideways passing (or backwards) is baffling.

When Lovren won that great tackle at left back the impetus was to break forward. I’ve no doubt that last season we’d have counter attacked at pace & created a chance. Today it sort of petered out at the half way line & by that point city were reset. The Chelsea game felt similar. 

I hope we we can get some rest over the next week & rotate a bit more after if it’s the physicality of it that’s holding us back... just release the break. 

I see Manchester United lite have come up with a 'witty' version of allez allez allez aimed at us.

All the way to kiev
To end up in defeat
Crying in the stands
And battered in the streets
Ramos injured salah
Victims of it all
Sterling won the double
And the scousers won fuck all
Allez allez allez....

They make out we are fuck all, living in the past, obsessed with our history, no threat etc but take the trouble to copy our song with a version all about us.

Manchester United lite behaviour.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Looked like both sides met up before the game and shook hands on a draw. Absolutely no risks taken. Not mad at it, we've escaped from this ridiculous run of fixtures mostly unscathed. 

Not really unscathed.  We lost in both cup competitions and just about scraped the minimum from the Chelsea and Man City games, whilst we appear to have lost a lot of form all of sudden and our forward line is getting worse if anything rather than rounding into form.

The game I think we've looked most dominant in this season is Spurs at Wembley.

And yet that could easily have finished 2-2.

I've liked the clean sheets when we've kept them.

But I'll be honest, I've not been "enthused" by our actual performances.

Having said that, there is absolutely nothing to complain about, results-wise, in the League.

Working on the basis that there is plenty of room for improvement, equal top is fantastic at this stage.

Chelsea and Napoli in the Cups have been disappointing and with our squad not perhaps the finished article, long Cup runs might not be in us this season.

Trophies are absolutely wonderful of course, but by God it would be great to be in with a real shout in the League come May.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

I see Manchester United lite have come up with a 'witty' version of allez allez allez aimed at us.

All the way to kiev
To end up in defeat
Crying in the stands
And battered in the streets
Ramos injured salah
Victims of it all
Sterling won the double
And the scousers won fuck all
Allez allez allez....

They make out we are fuck all, living in the past, obsessed with our history, no threat etc but take the trouble to copy our song with a version all about us.

Manchester United lite behaviour.

It's interesting We sing about us. Other teams come to Anfield and sing about us. We are very relevant and important.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

It's interesting We sing about us. Other teams come to Anfield and sing about us. We are very relevant and important.

Aren't we just 

Seems they first started it at Cardiff......we really get to them don't we! A set of fans whos team have won loads in recent years, who have an unbelievable squad, have just had a season breaking records and they busy themselves mocking us about a comp they have never got near winning and which we dumped them out of last year.

Now they have bought success they seem to want the rivalry we have with their neighbours - sorry boys it isn't for sale.....well actually it sort of is but the currency you would need would be you being relevant as a football club for more than 5 mins to 'buy it'....

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

It's probably already been said elsewhere but Chelsea fans yesterday, whilst playing away at Southampton broke into the Demba Ba song within the first 10 minutes.

So to reiterate, they sang a song about a game versus Liverpool fc, which actually helped a completely different team win the league, in a game against a team which had absolutely nothing to do with it at all.  

Bizarre.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

At a game against a team from Manchester?

Probably most relevant if viewed as a response to Jennings post below.

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

33 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Probably most relevant if viewed as a response to Jennings post below.

It's a light hearted song that almost all clubs sing about almost all other clubs. I really don't think it has much relevance to what Jennings posted.

Chelsea fans singing about something that benefited Manchester City, in a game against Southampton, is fucking bizarre. Just really odd, small time, bitter stuff.