You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

Also, you'd be lucky to get a run of fixtures thst tough in May, let alone fucking October! 

Given some of the toughest away games are done and dusted already and there is still a massive amount of improvement in this team, I'm very optimistic about the overall situation. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, A_S said:

Also, you'd be lucky to get a run of fixtures thst tough in May, let alone fucking October! 

Given some of the toughest away games are done and dusted already and there is still a massive amount of improvement in this team, I'm very optimistic about the overall situation. 

Yup looking forward to the future fixtures. 

Happy we got a point out of that game. It was the first game I've had to watch on Sky this season and I hope it's the last. Fucking hell! Tyler and Neville don't half talk some shite. Neville in particular desperate to prove to everybody that he was right for suggesting Klopp should not be playing a strong eleven in the Champions League. Fuck off you pair of cunts.

Ultimately we are unbeaten in 8 - nobody in the league has more points than us and we have had by far the toughest set of games....almost unbelievably we face another top 5 team after our next two in Arsenal and it is fucking away....that will be something like 4 in 7 which is an unreal run and none of the others have same runs.

We then get a better looking run until Christmas/New Year when we go back to back games with Arsenal and City.

By this point our rivals should have played each other and the table will take shape - then lets see where we are and what it is all about 

I do worry about our midfield and how goals shy it is and how utterly devoid of creativity it is...and i do worry about our form in 3 game weeks - Klopp has to find some answers to what is a nagging problem.

But we haven't become a bad team suddenly and bad teams don't go 8 league games unbeaten at start of season with 3 of the 8 being against top 4 sides and 2 of them away.

Bad teams don't have 20 pts from 8 games.

Hopefully the fluidity, intensity and cohesion will return and we carry on getting results....it is worth noting that in previous years we would probably have lost these games we have picked up useful points in like Chelsea....teams who regularly get points when not at best challenge for honours...

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Never thought I would say I miss the Ox

Really? I say we've missed him ever since he's been injured. Gini, Milner and Hendo are an honest bunch, workmanlike, keep things compact and simple but none of them offer even the remotest threat going forward. Ox is the only one we have who can drive from midfield at the opposition with speed and intent, he's the only midfielder we have that would cause any concern to our opponents. Hopefully Keita can be that guy for us soon and he's shown glimpses but still looks a long way from being our main threat from midfield.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Not many good teams are playing in the same league as City and Chelsea.

Sadly.

It is also a fact that the PL is choker with shite cowardly teams....all we can do is our job and expect no 'favours' and see where it takes us.

City for example had lost just 1 of their last 25 away games prior to today in the league.....that loss was the one to us last season.

A very good result.  It’s a credit to Klopp, you won’t see Guardiola play so safe again in the league this season.

Big let off with the penalty miss tho.  I’m that used to Lovren being brain dead, I initially thought it was him.  Schoolboy defending.

Thats the horrid run of fixtures over with and we’ve come out of them sitting pretty.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well if we were crap, what about Citeh?

One dragged half chance and the penalty. 

Van Dijk had it well covered, he didn't need to win a tackle there - thats a very tight angle. 

They really did not create that much -- the best chance was Salah through and just a touch puts it over an out of place Ederson - instead he tried to kick it out of the stadium

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

For their penalty? 

Schoolboy?

Yes, stay on your feet and see him out, don’t slide in from that angle.  You’re taught this before the age of 12.

VVD is quality and will brush it off, all defenders make mistakes and he’s no exception.

• Downvote 1