You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

A point rescued, but four games without a win is deeply concerning.

Fuck off you knob. We’ve played Chelsea twice, City and Napoli away you drama quim. Deeply concerning my arse. You should be one of them helmets presenting the phone in or probably calling in calling for Klopps head.

• Downvote 1

Good point.....another disjointed, bitty, tired looking and toothless performance.

But we remain unbeaten in league and at top so hopefully we can be lucky with no injuries in poxy international break and kick on....come back and get some cohesion back in our play.

It looks clear that we may have to do sonething different with our approach to these 3 game weeks as we just aren't at it at all in them....something Klopp must be worried about.

But that is a good point when all said and done.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Are our full-backs playing a lot deeper this season?

Looks like it to me. Also looks like we are bypassing midfield a lot more and pinging long hopeful balls over the top more. Serious disconnect between midfield and forwards. If we are honest with ourselves, top 4 is the likely achievement this season. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, clangers said:

I'll take that under the circumstances.

At the moment we look like a team that'll be competing for 4th rather than 1st.

Let's hope four without a win doesn't go any further? A nice couple of games coming up after the break.

I agree, we’ve plenty of problems

As bad as we look we are still getting results and our points tally is excellent considering our run of games. The attack is massive concern though but we've got games against weaker sides now so hopefully that'll build the confidence if they can grab a few goals each. It doesn't help that the midfield offers zero creativity.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I agree, we’ve plenty of problems

Still a great start to the season especially as we've not particularly played well. I don't recall us being that great early, Salah apart. last season?

Early days, hopefully we'll get our act together over the next couple of months. Lots to work on, would like to see Klopp rotate a bit more now.

I think,given the monumentally tough run of fixtures we've just endured, with spurs,city,chavs x2,Napoli and Paris, we've done fucking brilliant to be anywhere near top.

We've played 3 of the top 4, nobody else has had that run,and they've all been in last 4 weeks. 

We looked a bit jaded but we weren't giving away clear cut chances at will today. Mahrez one when he shot across goal was the only one we gave up bar the pen.

Our transition through midfield is the most worrying. We're desperately missing ox and even Lallana who can receive and turn same time. 

We've been way more pragmatic this season and our defence has again been superb. City played well today but we lived with them. 

All in all, we ALL would have taken joint top before this set of fixtures. We need to make hay with the next set.

• Upvote 1

Im quite content with that all thing considered. We're not in the best of form and playing the best team in the country so a point is decent.

Going forward though I think Klopp's going to have to start playing Fabinho and Keita regularly now to get them full up to speed and start justifying their price tags because we can't persevere with the current midfield much longer. If we're not playing a 100mph then they're next to useless. And Shaquiri deserves more minutes given how ineffective the front three have been.  What's the point in having a squad if the manager doesn't trust them.

still co -leaders and still unbeaten in the league after a really tough fun of games so reasons to be cheerful.

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Looks like it to me. Also looks like we are bypassing midfield a lot more and pinging long hopeful balls over the top more. Serious disconnect between midfield and forwards. If we are honest with ourselves, top 4 is the likely achievement this season. 

We can only improve up front though.