You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City (H) Premier League 7/10/18 Match Thread

an tha

3 games without a win - stinking the place out in Naples, massive test and massive game here.

It is the end of a bastard of a run of games and it is the last before another break for that poxy frigging international shite - be horrible to go into that with another loss - so big effort required.

Personally I would make some changes - last season Oxlade Chamberlain was really effective against these in the league and in europe, with doubts about Keita i'd go for it and deploy Shaqiri in the role Ox played v them and take TAA out the firing line too after his struggles tonight last thing he needs is Sane et al going after him. Milner to start on bench too as it is a lot to ask even of him to go again in a game like this and last season the middle 3 in this was Can, Wijnaldum and Ox....Hendo for Can, Shaq for Ox this!

Bring Milner on later when we are winning!

Alisson

Clyne

Gomez

VVD

Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Shaqiri

Mane

Firmino

Salah

• Upvote 1

It's been a weird few weeks, the attack has been largely completely shite but it hasn't mattered because the midfield and defence have been so good.

However with the midfield not really pulling its weight either the last couple of games we've looked badly exposed and devoid of ideas. Salah's got to pull his finger out of his arse and Mane's decision making really has to improve.

I think we'll turn up for City, we have to. But it'll be a tense one. I'm predicting 2-2 but I hope it's a win.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

3 games without a win - stinking the place out in Naples, massive test and massive game here.

It is the end of a bastard of a run of games and it is the last before another break for that poxy frigging international shite - be horrible to go into that with another loss - so big effort required.

Personally I would make some changes - last season Oxlade Chamberlain was really effective against these in the league and in europe, with doubts about Keita i'd go for it and deploy Shaqiri in the role Ox played v them and take TAA out the firing line too after his struggles tonight last thing he needs is Sane et al going after him. Milner to start on bench too as it is a lot to ask even of him to go again in a game like this and last season the middle 3 in this was Can, Wijnaldum and Ox....Hendo for Can, Shaq for Ox this!

Bring Milner on later when we are winning!

Alisson

Clyne

Gomez

VVD

Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Shaqiri

Mane

Firmino

Salah

That’s all well and good but what’s your record like for starting match threads ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mark M said:

That’s all well and good but what’s your record like for starting match threads ?

My methods twanslate from wed all over the lands the wattle, to through the wind and wain, to wawk, to wedmen tv, to this is anfield, and to this site.

• Upvote 1