You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best 3 film run for an actor/director

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

George Clooney.

Oceans Twelve.

Syriana.

Good Night and Good Luck

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

U wot m8? That one was shite.

I remember seeing an interview with George Clooney from around that time. Without mentioning any names he was saying that he was really happy with  the place his career was at, because he had reached an unspoken agreement whereby he makes the blockbuster films that Hollywood wants him to make, which allows him to then make the films that he wants to make.

I reckon Clooney would agree with Trumo.

Richard Harris

Long and the short and the tall

Guns of Navarone

Mutiny on the bounty

This Sporting life

Major Dundee

Heroes of Telemark

Bible in the beginning

Hawaii

Camelot

Man called horse

Molly Maguires

Cromwell

Can I vote for a DoP?  Because even if all the films themselves aren't classics, Roger Deakins is the gold standard, consistently.

Eric Bana started his film career with, in reverse order: Black Hawk Down, Chopper and the batshit awesome Aussie cult comedy 'The Castle'. 

Also had high hopes for John Cusack, with Grosse Pointe Blank and Con Air at one point, then High Fidelity and Being John Malkovich later on.  Always keeps his bread buttered with boilerplate rom-coms though...

Excluding Documentaries look at the films (and directors) Leonardo DiCaprio has been involved with:

Catch Me If You Can - Spielberg

Gangs of New York - Scorcese

Aviator - Scorcese

The Departed - Scorcese

Blood Diamond - Zwick

Body of Lies - R Scott

Revolutionary Road - Mendes

Shutter Island - Scorcese

Inception - Nolan

J Edgar - Eastwood

Django - Tarantino

Gatsby - Luhrmann

Wolf of Wall Street - Scorcese

Revenant - Innaritu

That's fucking nuts.  Even for a star like him.  A couple of under-par vanity projects in the mix though. 

15 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Excluding Documentaries look at the films (and directors) Leonardo DiCaprio has been involved with:

Catch Me If You Can - Spielberg

Gangs of New York - Scorcese

Aviator - Scorcese

The Departed - Scorcese

Blood Diamond - Zwick

Body of Lies - R Scott

Revolutionary Road - Mendes

Shutter Island - Scorcese

Inception - Nolan

J Edgar - Eastwood

Django - Tarantino

Gatsby - Luhrmann

Wolf of Wall Street - Scorcese

Revenant - Innaritu

That's fucking nuts.  Even for a star like him.  A couple of under-par vanity projects in the mix though. 

Titanic - James Cameron ????

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I had 'average films' & then I saw some bawheid mention Titanic so had to amend it.

Unfortunately I'm the biggest bawheid going and forgot about the 'an'.

One of the biggest grossing films of all time? I agree, it is shite but it can't be left out of a Di Caprio list 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Has this morphed into an 'shite films' thread?

More of a comment on the people he's worked with in a row, than those films in particular.  I even said it's a mixed bag. The thread was what led me to look, rather than a direct submission to the thread.

• Upvote 1