You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WTF is Harry Kane Talking About

TheHowieLama

8 minutes ago, 16613 said:

We saw of Tyson Fury than we did Harry Kane last night, the big dosser. 

To be fair Firmino shouldn't have started either but Klopp had the sense to sub him early and also hook Gino. Poch made the mistake of taking off Winks and leaving Kane as a passenger

Just now, magicrat said:

To be fair Firmino shouldn't have started either but Klopp had the sense to sub him early and also hook Gino. Poch made the mistake of taking off Winks and leaving Kane as a passenger

I had hoped he would start and stay on, I admire what the chubby hamster has done at Spurs but he wasn't brave enough to put Kane on the bench and he was punished for it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 16613 said:

I had hoped he would start and stay on, I admire what the chubby hamster has done at Spurs but he wasn't brave enough to put Kane on the bench and he was punished for it. 

I don't think either manager expected the heat to dictate the tempo to the degree it did. Klopp reacted first with the subs and got them right. Poch didn't 

Obviously worried that it might bite me in the arse but I was really happy when they said he was starting.  I think they're a better side without him and they're definitely better when he's not sharp.  

Guest Alex_K

Kane for them is figuratively similar to Gerrard/Owen for us back when they were perceived to be our "one man team". In no circumstance have any of those 3 ever been that (the concept of a one man team at elite level is foolish) but being at the forefront of a lot of our biggest victories led to pressure from media/players that probably pushed them on to the pitch when they variously shouldn't have been over the years. I can imagine there is a lot of pressure not to offend, lest he walk out. Pochettino has done an amazing job there and had the stadium funds been invested into their squad who knows where they'd be -- but his substitutions yesterday played a big part towards us taking the trophy 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They should sell him. I don't think they're better without him per se, but they're a well-run club and could build an immense squad with the ridiculous money they would get for him. 

If they can get 200m for him they should sell him. Sign three 60/70m players and they'll be in a better position to challenge in the next couple of years. 

I really hope he stays and him and Alli play most games. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

No chance.

PSG, United or even Real would all pay 200m. 

They'd be getting ripped off but they'd do it.

Well every chance we'll find out in the summer. Can see Poch leading the charge to the exit at the Spuds.