You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) - 3 Oct 2018

aRdja

Napoli 0-0 Liverpool, just 8 years ago.

Reina ( Allison)

Kelly (Trent)

Carra (VVD)

Skrtel (Gomez)

Konchesky ( Robertson)

Spearing (Milner)

Shelvey (Gini)

Poulsen ( Henderson)

Babel ( Salah)

Ngog ( Firmino)

Jovanavic (Mane)

Roy (Klopp)

The phrase not fit to lace his boots brings to mind.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, No2 said:

Reina ( Allison)

Kelly (Trent)

Carra (VVD)

Skrtel (Gomez)

Konchesky ( Robertson)

Spearing (Milner)

Shelvey (Gini)

Poulsen ( Henderson)

Babel ( Salah)

Ngog ( Firmino)

Jovanavic (Mane)

Roy (Klopp)

We can't have fielded many worse teams than that.

Ever 

32 minutes ago, Elite said:

We can't have fielded many worse teams than that.

Ever 

Was thinking that myself, especially considering Reina and Carragher were well on the wane at that stage. Moreno walks into that team which says it all.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Reina ( Allison)

Kelly (Trent)

Carra (VVD)

Skrtel (Gomez)

Konchesky ( Robertson)

Spearing (Milner)

Shelvey (Gini)

Poulsen ( Henderson)

Babel ( Salah)

Ngog ( Firmino)

Jovanavic (Mane)

Roy (Klopp)

THE BENCH!!

Italy is a beautiful country, arguably my favourite in the world that i've seen but I do not envy anyone going that match on Wednesday. I nearly got carved up there on a Navy run-ashore in 2002. Granted I did fuck someones missus but thats beside the point. . . . Its rough as fuck. Plus, she put it on me. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has dismissed what he claims are mind games by Napoli counterpart Carlo Ancelotti.

The Serie A side’s coach, who has experience of facing Klopp at Borussia Dortmund when he was Bayern Munich boss, praised the work the German had done at Anfield and the progress he has made

Ancelotti said Klopp was “a difficult adversary, a friend; his teams are very dynamic, aggressive, they stand up a lot, they always have an identity”, and they had gone up a level since reaching the Champions League final in May.

However, Klopp laughed it off ahead of their League Group C encounter in Naples.

“I like Carlo Ancelotti, he is a fantastic guy. As we say in Germany ‘He is obviously a smart fox’,” said the Reds boss.

“He says all these positive things about us and all these nice things about me. It is nice but it is tactics, it starts already.

“Carlo is so long in the business and he wants to bring the nice fella out in me but I am ready for a real battle.

“I don’t care too much what people say about us in the moment. Yes we have performed on a consistent, OK, level in the last few weeks but tomorrow we need to make the next step up in our development.

“This is a fantastic manager, a fantastic football team and a very emotional crowd so that will be a challenge.”

I have no fear for this one at all.The crowd could be noisy but this is an away European game in which we traditionally excel. Topping the group already, the boys will rediscover their free- flowing football and score with little pressure. I can see Salah ending his drought with Mane and Frimino clicking better. It's one to sit back and enjoy. 

A win practically seals qualification, even a point has us one foot in the next stages.  I'd take either tonight.

It won't be anywhere near as easy as the pre season friendly.  They're a very good side and easily one of the toughest games on paper of the season.

2 hours ago, therevivalist said:

I have no fear for this one at all.The crowd could be noisy but this is an away European game in which we traditionally excel. Topping the group already, the boys will rediscover their free- flowing football and score with little pressure. I can see Salah ending his drought with Mane and Frimino clicking better. It's one to sit back and enjoy. 

I can't wait to see our new signing Frimino get Mean and Salad firing again. When he has, we can hopefully bring on either Sturridge or Firmino and finish the job.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, Bjornebye said:

Italy is a beautiful country, arguably my favourite in the world that i've seen but I do not envy anyone going that match on Wednesday. I nearly got carved up there on a Navy run-ashore in 2002. Granted I did fuck someones missus but thats beside the point. . . . Its rough as fuck. Plus, she put it on me. 

Have refused to travel for this one after our experiences in 2010. Several Reds got stabbed (one in an hotel) and they were cruising on their Vespas in the City after the game looking for stray fans. Frightening.

Met a woman from Napoli not long after and told her what I thought of her City. She told me, once you got used to be being mugged a couple of times a year and having your handbag knicked fairly regularly, it was lovely.

Yep