You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA’19

Scott_M

Assume quite a few of us of got it this week, so what’s everybodies thoughts?

I’ve got it on the Switch and there are quite a few notable improvements in this version, probably more than the other formats.

I’ve upped the difficulty and am having some bizarre results.

I’ve comfortably beaten Man City, Spurs, Chelsea (5-0), Arsenal (6-1), PSG & Napoli but I seriously struggle against the lesser sides, loads & loads & loads of draws. 

I am enjoying it. 

As I'm still playing FIFA 18 on Xbox and most reviews seem to be saying the improvements are not exactly blowing the doors off, I am not looking at getting this on release so I will wait until it has reduced in price. If the Switch version is a big improvement over the previous release, I may have to consider this but again I would probably wait until it has reduced in price.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost it with FIFA when the momentum/scripting drove me mad.

You're two-nil up. it's the 89th minute. Your team has battled hard. Suddenly your passes don't get there anymore. Your midfielders stop intercepting. Weird! Their defender's tackle also launched the ball 60 yards to the centre forward who is through on goal. Oh No! His 30 yard screamer went straight past your keeper. Fiddle-sticks! Your keeper made an uncharacteristic pass straight to their attacker. He scores. 2-2.

Shit. I am still angry from Fifa18!! 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I lost it with FIFA when the momentum/scripting drove me mad.

You're two-nil up. it's the 89th minute. Your team has battled hard. Suddenly your passes don't get there anymore. Your midfielders stop intercepting. Weird! Their defender's tackle also launched the ball 60 yards to the centre forward who is through on goal. Oh No! His 30 yard screamer went straight past your keeper. Fiddle-sticks! Your keeper made an uncharacteristic pass straight to their attacker. He scores. 2-2.

Shit. I am still angry from Fifa18!! 

I feel the same way, I still enjoy playing the career mode of FIFA 18 but it is so obvious when it's loading the game in the oppositions favour so to make it almost unplayable. 

I won't bother with FIFA 19 as it seems like an upgrade rather than a reinvention. I quite fancy a go at PES 19 with a data patch on PS4. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Not hearing great things

Is it worth it, or is Pro evo any good

It's already half price on the playstation store, which tells it's own story.  Given away for free last year not long after xmas.

Truth be told fifa has had zero competition on this generation of consoles and it shows.   There's one football game worth mentioning and it's a poor one.

Fell off a cliff on the current generation, though their decline started earlier tbf.  It wouldn't even be hard to make a better game than fifa but they're not even providing any threat.

Maybe nostalgia or me getting older but games in general have been pretty shit on the ps4, real lack of lasting playability.   Everything geared towards online gaming doesn't help.

26 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's already half price on the playstation store, which tells it's own story.  Given away for free last year not long after xmas.

Truth be told fifa has had zero competition on this generation of consoles and it shows.   There's one football game worth mentioning and it's a poor one.

I'm not sure it's the quality of pro evo that is causing it not to sell as pro evo 18 is very good. It's the fact that licensing of leagues, teams, players and competitors are all being swallowed by EA for FIFA. At least on PS4 you can download option files to make the game reasonably accurate but it feels like you have to be a bit dirty and cheap to do it when FIFA has it all there for you. Xbox there are no option files. 

Most reviews of pro evo 19 were better than FIFA 19 but people want the real deal so people pay for FIFA and only buy pro evo when it's cheap. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Fell off a cliff on the current generation, though their decline started earlier tbf.  It wouldn't even be hard to make a better game than fifa but they're not even providing any threat.

Maybe nostalgia or me getting older but games in general have been pretty shit on the ps4, real lack of lasting playability.   Everything geared towards online gaming doesn't help.

Not sure I agree games are not as good. Especially if you are into certain types of games. Loads of great lone, story games imo. The issue is anything that's a type of shooter or sports game is fully online play over single player. I hardly touch Cod these days

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm not sure it's the quality of pro evo that is causing it not to sell as pro evo 18 is very good. It's the fact that licensing of leagues, teams, players and competitors are all being swallowed by EA for FIFA. At least on PS4 you can download option files to make the game reasonably accurate but it feels like you have to be a bit dirty and cheap to do it when FIFA has it all there for you. Xbox there are no option files. 

Most reviews of pro evo 19 were better than FIFA 19 but people want the real deal so people pay for FIFA and only buy pro evo when it's cheap. 

I thought PES 18 was pish, the same robotic shite gameplay that's plagued it for years.  And as you say you can easily update everything.  Jesus, I used to do it by hand over fifa cause the gameplay made it worthwhile, now, the only thing I can say about PES is it took ten minutes to regret the download last year.

I wonder if there's stats out there for how many downloaded and deleted quickly last year.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure I agree games are not as good. Especially if you are into certain types of games. Loads of great lone, story games imo. The issue is anything that's a type of shooter or sports game is fully online play over single player. I hardly touch Cod these days

Like?  I'd love to get lost in a good game again, very few and far between for me these days.

At least the new COD hasn't even bothered to include a crap campaign mode and been honest.  So yea, I won't be buying.

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Spiderman

God of War

Assassin's creed origins and odessy 

Red Dead 2

The yakuza games are supposed good

Last of us

Uncharted 

Bloodbourne

Dead Souls

I've only just got the ps4 for the first two

Bloody hated god of war 3, so haven't even given the new one a chance.  It sums up new games for me.  Looks great but the gameplay boiled down to button bashing a combo of buttons over and over.   Everything feels forced and out of your control, if that makes sense.  All style over substance.  

I'm waiting for spiderman to reduce in price, really hope that's good.  Some of the batman games were enjoyable but again, easy on the eye, finished and will never look at again.  I'd still play mario 3 now!

Red dead two I still need to pick up, it's got to be good shirley, the first was a superb game.

A few there I must give a chance, I do really want to find one I enjoy again.

Have you played the new Assassin's Creed? 

The new ones are different. 

Like most RPGs the mission are similar but the new ones are great. I was a massive fan of the Ezio games though. 

Have you played Sleeping Dogs? 

Really good game, especially if you like Hong Kong cinema. From what I'm told Yakuza games are similar. 

Woooo

Alex Anzelone pick, Saints get the ball

Sorry

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I get what your saying about the old games but I do think a bits nostalgic and just enjoying them. I do want to get a hacked snes mini though

oh it's definitely nostalgia, play some of them now and you'd cringe, like resident evil one but that was a game that I played solid for a very long time as a young lad.   Games like the Crash bandicoot series, hours of hours of frustrating fun haven't stood the test of time either.

You've mentioned a lot of games I need to give a go tbh, one of them has to be good!  

A guy in work was talking about a console that had 1000's of old games on it, all your snes games, nintendo 64 even.  Can't remember the name of it though, sounded too good to be true.