You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA’19

Scott_M

8 hours ago, Grinch said:

A Pi 3 is only about £35 and there are lots of available downloads for them.

Retro Pie is available for free here https://retropie.org.uk/download/

There are also a multitude of emulators for various bits of kit out there for free for PC as well as Pi. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chevettehs said:

A Pi 3 is only about £35 and there are lots of available downloads for them.

Retro Pie is available for free here https://retropie.org.uk/download/

There are also a multitude of emulators for various bits of kit out there for free for PC as well as Pi. 

Are they actually as good as they sound?  I mean do they really give you a real port of all those games.

I messed about with stuff like that on the Pi2 and had very few issues, but that was quite a while ago now.

There are loads of emulators and ROM files available for most consoles and the likes of the Spectrum which you can just run on your PC. In the case of the Spectrum, Amiga type stuff it was all mostly direct ports. There was some standalone remakes of the likes of Manic Miner as well written from scratch with a little more colour and optimised for PC but still keeping the old 8 bit kind of feel. 

The only downside is that sometimes nostalgia can be a bit let down, some games are really not as good as you remember them being.

Not sure what is good, bad or indifferent right now though. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 9:45 PM, Grinch said:

It's already half price on the playstation store, which tells it's own story.  Given away for free last year not long after xmas.

Truth be told fifa has had zero competition on this generation of consoles and it shows.   There's one football game worth mentioning and it's a poor one.

PES18 is boss. I’m still hammering it. Stopped playing FIFA as soon as @Total Longo got me on to PES. 

On 11/6/2018 at 2:59 AM, chevettehs said:

I messed about with stuff like that on the Pi2 and had very few issues, but that was quite a while ago now.

There are loads of emulators and ROM files available for most consoles and the likes of the Spectrum which you can just run on your PC. In the case of the Spectrum, Amiga type stuff it was all mostly direct ports. There was some standalone remakes of the likes of Manic Miner as well written from scratch with a little more colour and optimised for PC but still keeping the old 8 bit kind of feel. 

The only downside is that sometimes nostalgia can be a bit let down, some games are really not as good as you remember them being.

Not sure what is good, bad or indifferent right now though. 

I iinstalled recalbox, last week.  It was a simple bootable linux image which runs on the PC.  Seems to emulate just about everything, NES, SNES, Spectrum, Arcade Machines etc.  Costs nothing, took 10 mins to install and configure + recognises my PS3 controller on the PC.  

Off for a game of Defender!

6 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

PES18 is boss. I’m still hammering it. Stopped playing FIFA as soon as @Total Longo got me on to PES. 

Yep. PES is improving again year on year for me. It’s a shame that they’ve lost the UEFA licensing but it still pisses all over FIFA. FIFA is just so slow and clunky these days. I can’t play it anymore. I was always a PES man anyway but FIFA was at least playable. 

Had PES 19 delivered today actually but it’s a Xmas present for the boy so I’ll have to wait until Boxing Day and find a reason to confiscate it. 

• Upvote 1

I've had it since it came out and I've played it probably 5 times. It's not a good game. Ultimate Team gameplay is awful and you have to spend decent money if you want a half decent team that you won't get tired of within a week. Have spent an extra 50-100 bucks on packs every year since Fifa 13, but I can't do it anymore. Career Mode is lazily done and it's pretty much the exact same as last year. They don't care about it at all as it makes them no money. Don't give a crap about The Journey. It's basically a rehash of every story mode in every other sports game. No originality. 

Just tired of Fifa in general. It's stale but I also have no interest in PES because they have no licences and few people play online. Just gonna stop buying football games, I think. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:59 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Everything you should need will be in here...

https://www.pesworld.co.uk/

or better still here...

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=407

I've tried several different option files (deleting saved all saved data before trying a different one) and can't get any to install properly.

Furtherest I've got is V4 of PESUniverse. Installed the competitions, but install fell flat when I tried to load the teams in. Followed all instructions to the letter.

Help please anyone as getting frustrated with this fucking shit.

46 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've tried several different option files (deleting saved all saved data before trying a different one) and can't get any to install properly.

Furtherest I've got is V4 of PESUniverse. Installed the competitions, but install fell flat when I tried to load the teams in. Followed all instructions to the letter.

Help please anyone as getting frustrated with this fucking shit.

I'm trying one now and I will let you know if it worked. If it works I'll let you know how I did it...

39 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Thanks. If it doesn't, might just pay a fiver for a years sub @ PESUniverse.

I used this website...

http://game-squared.com/pes-2018-option-file-ps4/

which uses this option file...

http://game-squared.com/PES 2018 Option File PS4.rar

Although it does work, I had to go through the import a couple of times and I wanted to manually choose the teams which the data applied to. It always chose by default the correct team but for some reason occasionally it would fail to import a team's data and would end the import. At least I would know where it failed I could restart it from that team and it would work second time around.

It's interesting to note that although it works and it certainly makes a difference to the game - all the Premier League team names are accurate, along with La Liga and internationals - the website recommends at the bottom that for the best possible experience it is worth signing up to PESUniverse.

Hopefully the above website works for you like it did for me.

On 11/23/2018 at 12:03 AM, 3 Stacks said:

I've had it since it came out and I've played it probably 5 times. It's not a good game. Ultimate Team gameplay is awful and you have to spend decent money if you want a half decent team that you won't get tired of within a week. Have spent an extra 50-100 bucks on packs every year since Fifa 13, but I can't do it anymore. Career Mode is lazily done and it's pretty much the exact same as last year. They don't care about it at all as it makes them no money. Don't give a crap about The Journey. It's basically a rehash of every story mode in every other sports game. No originality. 

Just tired of Fifa in general. It's stale but I also have no interest in PES because they have no licences and few people play online. Just gonna stop buying football games, I think. 

You don't need to spend money on packs, what you need to do is play it more than five times.

It's a shame FIFA is the only football game worth talking about, it's stood still for years now with no competition.

23 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I used this website...

http://game-squared.com/pes-2018-option-file-ps4/

which uses this option file...

http://game-squared.com/PES 2018 Option File PS4.rar

Although it does work, I had to go through the import a couple of times and I wanted to manually choose the teams which the data applied to. It always chose by default the correct team but for some reason occasionally it would fail to import a team's data and would end the import. At least I would know where it failed I could restart it from that team and it would work second time around.

It's interesting to note that although it works and it certainly makes a difference to the game - all the Premier League team names are accurate, along with La Liga and internationals - the website recommends at the bottom that for the best possible experience it is worth signing up to PESUniverse.

Hopefully the above website works for you like it did for me.

Thanks for your efforts.

I actually managed to install PESUniverse file.

I found this video on their site (in depth one):

It actually worked following the 2019 instructions. I had to delete a shitload of images.

23 hours ago, Grinch said:

You don't need to spend money on packs, what you need to do is play it more than five times.

It's a shame FIFA is the only football game worth talking about, it's stood still for years now with no competition.

Nonsense. FIFA was better for a couple of years when Konami fucked their shit up but they got their act together and PES has been better again for a while now. Once you look past the official badges, kits, etc, and even the unorthodox nature of the Master League, the actual action of playing a game of football is miles better. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Nonsense. FIFA was better for a couple of years when PES fucked their shit up but Konami got their act together and PES has been better again for a while now. Once you look past the official badges, kits, etc, and even the unorthodox nature of the Master League, the actual action of playing a game of football is miles better. 

Yea, I've wasted my time downloading and playing all of them, hoping for a decent football game.  Like the majority of gamers I found PES the usual chunky robotic shit gameplay year after year despite hearing good things every year.

I hope they get their act together for the first time on this generation of consoles but no ones holding their breath now surely.  Last years game wasn't even trying it was so pathetic.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, Grinch said:

I think if you want to have a life besides playing Fifa, you do need to spend a little money if you want a team that's halfway interesting and playable.

I got lucky in Fifa 14 and packed Cristiano Ronaldo so I had coins that year, but actually trying to make coins investing in in-forms and trading is so boring, especially now that the game is sub-par. 

Agree about the lack of a viable alternative. It's certainly not pushing EA to make a better game. PES just can't compete with their lack of licenses. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think if you want to have a life besides playing Fifa, you do need to spend a little money if you want a team that's halfway interesting and playable.

I got lucky in Fifa 14 and packed Cristiano Ronaldo so I had coins that year, but actually trying to make coins investing in in-forms and trading is so boring, especially now that the game is sub-par. 

Agree about the lack of a viable alternative. It's certainly not pushing EA to make a better game. PES just can't compete with their lack of licenses. 

Not at all now, they've made it so that even playing 2-3 games a night and a few extra once a week means you'll get very good rewards twice a week.   It's never been so easy to get coins and due to this pretty much every player except the best is worth fuck all, making packs worth next to nothing anyway.

I like it but then again I’ve not had a football game since the last PES on the PS2.

I bought the game the day it came out and have probably spent another £40 or so on FIFA points. I’ll confess, I didn’t really understand what I was doing at 1st so some of that was largely wasted.

I’m pretty happy with my side now, overall I think it’s rated at 83, however, I only have 2 players at 85 (Saul & Javi Martinez), 6 at 84 (Benzema, Rodrigo, Albiol, Carvahal, Neto & Giminez) and the rest are low 80’s.

It is somewhat demoralising when I play a side rated 86+ and have loads of high 80’s / early 90’s players. Especially when they aren’t very good. You know they’ve spent shed loads extra to get that side. Players with the worse teams are normally the better players. 

I’ve gotten lucky with a couple of packs that’s meant I’ve been able to put people straight into the 1st team (Carvahal, Benzema) and made a few big sales (Robben, Morata) to afford others. I currently have 11k in the bank, if I want players better than I already have in key positions (currently I want to bolster midfield) but for the players I want, I’ll have to spend 30k minimum. The only way to get that amount quickly is by spending a fortune getting more points. I’m not prepared to spend that much extra to get a side to match them. I think I’ve already spent enough already.