Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyH

Family Guy

Family Guy is one of the great comedy shows of our time. I’m sure most agree. It’s pure gold. 

Well, I’m in Providence, Rhode Island, and when I step out of my hotel I get this view, and when Peter Griffin looks over his house, he gets the view below it. I’m staring at the view, weeping...

17DEA454-D321-41E6-A266-E0EED96E831A.jpeg

85C09E7E-7EF4-4DA8-B49F-FB52D2AF36A1.gif

• Upvote 4

I love it, it's a bit hit and miss at times, but it always makes me laugh with the added bonus of it pissing the christian right off at every opportunity.

Speaking as somebody who thinks Star Wars is a load of Moreno, I even enjoyed the family guy tributes to episodes IV, V and VI.

• Upvote 1

Good but not quite South Park imo

I do like it though

F for the Family is well worth a watch on Netflix, its Bill Burrs show

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

All comedy cartoons need to be reassessed now Rick and Morty exists. 

I've only watched that once and it was OK... but that's it.

Took me quite a few episodes to get into Rick and Morty, but once it got me I was hooked. Brilliant episode after episode and can binge watch time after time.

I still love the early Simpsons but can not watch it now.

On its own a decent show, just hard not to compare in unfavourably with South Park and the Simpsons. It's far better than the shite that is American dad though and that other Seth McFarlane one, the spinoff thing I've forgotten the name of. 

17 hours ago, niallers said:

Much preferred it when stewie was quintessentially evil using big words. Like the Simpsons, it went a bit off the rails after season ten ish. 

Disagree , I think the Stewie/ Brian thing works really well 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

On its own a decent show, just hard not to compare in unfavourably with South Park and the Simpsons. It's far better than the shite that is American dad though and that other Seth McFarlane one, the spinoff thing I've forgotten the name of. 

I like South Park, but it's not a patch on Family Guy, The Simpson's I'll give you.

Quite like American Dad, didn't hate The Cleveland Show either!

On 28/09/2018 at 04:58, Lee909 said:

Good but not quite South Park imo

I do like it though

F for the Family is well worth a watch on Netflix, its Bill Burrs show

For anyone born in or living through the 70’s, F is for Family will really resonate.

• Upvote 1

Never got into South Park.

Liked Family Guy for a long time.

Simpsons was best, at its best, in that it did its thing with more subtlety and without out-and-out crude/offensive techniques, usually.

The Simpsons Seasons 3 through to 9 is peerless. The greatest and most consistent TV comedy ever made.

Rick and Morty has been very hit and miss since Season 2 finished. I actually think i prefer Solar Opposites now. 

Haven't watched Family Guy in a long, long time.

Surprised Futurama hasn't been mentioned yet; the later series weren't as consistently good but the first 5 were brilliant.

Rick and Morty is hit and miss - fortunately those hits help me endure the mediocre episodes.