You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Autumn and Winter Positivity Thread

Champ

I make no secret of my love of long days and warm weather on here but with all that fast disappearing I need to find ways of looking at the cold, miserable (views not shared by all) months of the year differently.

I can see there are loads of seasonal foods that are definitely worth their place on here and winter clothes can be quite fun but what other things do people like about this time of year?

• Upvote 3

Just now, cloggypop said:

Wearing coats is boss 

This is definitely true. I have just bought myself a new raincoat thing and a jacket which I have given to Mr C to wrap up for my birthday. I am ridiculously excited about getting that

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

The lovely colours all the leaves make when they turn before falling.

And when the leaves fall, they cover the dogshit on the path, so when you stand in it, you end up with a snow shoe size mix of dog shit and leaf.

I love Autumn. 

E213C86A-77F0-4E55-91CB-00B998CA7F1B.jpeg

Oh, wow, Dave! You can post pictures straight from your phone!

49 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

The lovely colours all the leaves make when they turn before falling.

And when the leaves fall, they cover the dogshit on the path, so when you stand in it, you end up with a snow shoe size mix of dog shit and leaf.

I love Autumn. 

Are these the words of a lost Van Morrison song or just your own musings Butty? You romantic old fool you.

• Upvote 2

I love this time of year because teenagers don't roam the streets and there's no loud shit pop music blaring out of people's back gardens.

I also love sitting by the window when it is pissing down and just listening to the sound of it. Something calming about it.

Winter foods are great too. Stews and Casseroles and big hearty roasts at the weekends. Nice.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

When feeling down about the short days and the wind and the rain I find this is the best time of year for negging Moanero and Doins.

Repping this post wouldn't really be in the spirit of the thread, would it?

I’m ready for a bit of cold after sweating for 5 months and I love jumpers

Soon we’ll have the advent markets and I can stop for a mulled wine when walking the dog

Also, it will be the first year that my daughter really gets to see Christmas lights and stuff so I’m excited about that

love summer, but you need a bit of contrast to truly appreciate it

33 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

I’m ready for a bit of cold after sweating for 5 months and I love jumpers

Soon we’ll have the advent markets and I can stop for a mulled wine when walking the dog

Also, it will be the first year that my daughter really gets to see Christmas lights and stuff so I’m excited about that

love summer, but you need a bit of contrast to truly appreciate it

And for all my whingeing I wouldn’t like to live anywhere where it was hot all the time. I do like that contrast too. Just not so much of it

My favourite seasons are Summer (sun, windows open, long days), Autumn (changing colours, out with the old, in with the new), Winter (Christmas, New Year, my Birthday and cold snaps) and Spring (out with new, in with the newer, Summer is coming).

I love them all equally over all the others. I hope this helps in getting a good feeling from them.

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

My favourite seasons are Summer (sun, windows open, long days), Autumn (changing colours, out with the old, in with the new), Winter (Christmas, New Year, my Birthday and cold snaps) and Spring (out with new, in with the newer, Summer is coming).

I love them all equally over all the others. I hope this helps in getting a good feeling from them.

Negged

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Birds wearing tights.

Probably the best thing about being alive if I'm honest.

Don't know what the fashion is up in Scotlandshire mate but they're all wearing tights and fuck all else down here. I don't think they're sold as tights but they should be as they leave nothing to the imagination.