You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (h) 26/09/2018 - Carabao Cup

sir roger

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I disagree. Nothing wrong with saying stuff when it needs to be said, as long as he's saying it to his face, like a man, and not making snide comments in an interview, like a diminutive Portuguese shitbag.

Not for me Clive, Mourinho does that and we’re calling him for publicly throwing one of his players under the bus

9 hours ago, No2 said:

I hate Mingolet. I hate his head, I hate his goalkeeping,  I hate his weakling longkicks that barely scrape over the half way line, I hate that Hazard knows he can score against him anytime he wants. If losing tonight means we never see in our shirt again then I'm content. 

Maybe a bit of confirmation bias at play but I'd like to see Hazards goal from the other side, no where near the corner and from that angle it should be hitting him flush in the stomach if he's positioned like a real goalkeeper.

Great rant.

No need to erst Alisson.

8 hours ago, aventus said:

As usual you're the real man of the match. 

I am really confused about what Jurgen is saying though, I thought Shaqiri was our best player, gave 100%. Tried lipreading it about 20 times but I just ended up as confused as Shaqiri looks. 

IMG_20180926_234142.jpg

In his post-match press conference he seems to address it by claiming he said why didn't he shoot when through on goal, instead he turned and slipped over and the chance went.

When we play Moreno it makes me genuinely angry that such as useless piece of shit is still at the club. While Hazard's goal was a very good goal there is no way he's making a mug of Robertson the way he did Moreno. If Robbo gets injured (god forbid) then I hope we use Milner or Clyne or TAA there instead. I also hope this helps temper title talk by showing how poor most(not all) of our back up squad is. Good job Sturridge scored because he was dreadful mostly.

• Upvote 2

In May 2019 it's 29 years since we last won the league. As much as I'd love to beat Chelsea and still be in the competition, the first sentence says it all.

Being out of it gives us more time to charge the batteries between the battles. Loosing yesterday? Not ideal, not the end of the world either.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

For my money, mate it is this kind of excuse making and justifying not getting it done that has lead to us seemingly accepting winning fuck all for years.

I bet Chelsea looked at this draw and thought - fuck that is a tough one, incredibly unlucky - but they came got a job done and move on. We don't have the necessary quality to get it done when we are bringing in shite like Moreno for example.

As far as the game being a 'tryout for new signings' i couldn't disagree more - it was one (probably our most realistic) of our 4 chances at moving towards ending a silverware drought that plagues our football club ...One where winning a mere 3 games this side of Christmas would see us in the semis - hardly demanding is it  - i personally can't downgrade a game with something on it to 'tryout' status - you can and that is up to you, i disagree massively but that is opinions isn't it.

Personally i would have played our strongest 11 last night but there you go.

Yet again though we are left 'drawing the positives' and 'looking at the bigger picture' 'all boding well' 'being unlucky, but getting there' etc etc etc no club can win everything of course and never has - even the greatest sides get knocked out of cups, but we are a team who desperately need to win something and last night when all is said and done (take all the reasons already talked about away for a moment) saw yet again a door to finally doing so slammed shut.

Anyway it's done now - lets see what lies ahead - lets see how the team react to this setback, lets see what happens first of all Saturday when we go head to head with these again. About time we gave the horrible twats a good hiding, or even a spawny 1-0 where we are dead lucky...that would be very nice.

Chelsea made as many changes as we did. City probably made more for their games. It’s not Klopp’s fault the only players that really shined were Sturridge and Shaqiri. Neither was it his fault, that Salah made no impact, and Firmino was completely abject when they came on. 

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When we play Moreno it makes me genuinely angry that such as useless piece of shit is still at the club. While Hazard's goal was a very good goal there is no way he's making a mug of Robertson the way he did Moreno. If Robbo gets injured (god forbid) then I hope we use Milner or Clyne or TAA there instead. I also hope this helps temper title talk by showing how poor most(not all) of our back up squad is. Good job Sturridge scored because he was dreadful mostly.

Keita was more at fault for me Vlad, he could’ve attempted to tackle him three times in the build-up, but he failed each and every time. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Reading through this thread is tough. Fingers pointed all over the place. We have come so far and we are doing brilliantly. I thought there were some very good performances yesterday, but a guy scored a worldy. Meh, move on. 

Like I said,it was a very good goal from a world class player but he did it against a player who shouldn't even be at the club let alone in the starting line up and its frustrating to go out of a competition when you haven't won a trophy in 7 years.

My concern is we've lost an outlet to the give the squad players much needed minutes on the pitch.

To manage a squad with our depth must be very difficult with a large group of players not getting a sniff. The temptation now will be to rotate more in league and champions league.

It wont be long before someone breaks ranks and has a moan- my money would be on the worlds best centreback in Lovren.  

Its unfortunate we got Chelsea in the first round, would have made a great final.   

For all the 'strong squad' positivity we've been swimming in, our first team still picks itself for me, though at least Shaqiri and Sturridge have shown they can offer something up top.

Keita and Fabinho are well off the pace in the way that Robertson and The Ox probably were twelve months ago. Don't think we'll really benefit from them until a bit later in the season.

Just now, Caramac said:

Couldn't be arsed making this one last night. Great goal, annoying he went through half our team to get his shot off.

uxLBLhF.gif

Nice finish, and he's a brilliant footballer. Still, I can see that move breaking down a little earlier if Milner, Robertson and Van Dijk are the obstacles.