You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Sep 15-22 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Sep 15

Spurs 1 L 2. Great three points but we should have snotted them. We let them off the hook with some terrible decision making and it was doing my head in. There was so much to love about this performance but the wastefulness almost undermined everything. 

The game was won and it had been comfortable, but then we gave up a scabby goal from a corner and would also have conceded a pen only for Michael Oliver getting himself in a bad position and not being able to see it. I can’t even imagine how fucking pissed off I’d have been if we’d blown this win, but it wouldn’t have been the defenders I’d have been angry with. Sadio and Mo in particular need to stop fucking around in the box and make better decisions.

How shit were Spurs though? Eric ‘Dire’ lived up to his name but the rest were garbage too. Pochettino recently called Dembele one of the best players in the world and compared Harry Winks to Xavi and Iniesta. He’ll gone the full Brendan there, and you never want to go the full Brendan. And what about Harry Kane eh? I keep hearing all this bollocks about him being tired because of the World Cup. Yeah, I’m sure it’s such hard work goal-hanging, taking a few pens and stealing the Golden Boot.

Sunday Sep 16:

Moyes rocks up on Super Sunday and says his Everton side were ‘a centre forward away from challenging for the title’. Fuck me, I knew he was delusional but this is the kind of stuff he could be sectioned for.

Meanwhile, look at the fucking state of this….

It takes a special kind of knobhead to make Fellaini & co sympathetic figures, but watching that all I could think of was “come on Fellaini, let’s have one of those sly, ‘accidental’ elbows. Then the copper appears and I’m thinking, either arrest the fucker or just throw him in front of the train and get the United lads to say he jumped.

Honestly, what a fucking piece of shit that guy is. The best bit was defo Pogba just dancing away on the platform, completely oblivious to what was going on.

This is just a teaser, click here to view full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

To be honest, as much as Phone Bloke on the platform was a mouthy cunt who shouldn't have been swearing (he should have filmed it with a faux David Attenborough voice like it was a wildlife documentary), neither the Virgin Train reps or the police had any right to tell someone where they could stand on a public platform, nor claim that 'this bit is private' when it isn't.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be honest, as much as Phone Bloke on the platform was a mouthy cunt who shouldn't have been swearing (he should have filmed it with a faux David Attenborough voice like it was a wildlife documentary), neither the Virgin Train reps or the police had any right to tell someone where they could stand on a public platform, nor claim that 'this bit is private' when it isn't.

I especially disliked the woman coming up and saying ‘you need to move away you can’t be here’ before telling the copper she’s ‘asked him to move’.

bunch of cunts. 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:12 PM, Anubis said:

If he didn't have his phone in the faces of the players, clearly videoing them, maybe they wouldn't have made such an issue of it?

I just hate shit like that. Initially there was no negative reaction to him, as players have people coming up and talking to them all the time. It was only when he kept following them, being a fucking knob that it became an issue.

As Sir Roger said, I'd have took his phone off him and lashed it on the train track if I was Fellaini.

• dave u unpinned this topic