Quantcast
Chas Hodges dead. - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
niallers

Chas Hodges dead.

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It was the first item on Sky News this afternoon.

Obviously a tragedy for his family & friends, but is he that important in any musical sense.

Bollocks. How can you suggest that?

• Upvote 1

Ssh but I saw them years ago supporting Eric Clapton of all people at the Deeside Leisure centre. They were grim and Clapton wasn't much better that night, The audience were seated on the ice rink which was boarded over. Came out pissed off and fucking freezing. 

Other than that night Dave never did me any harm. RIP 

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Ssh but I saw them years ago supporting Eric Clapton of all people at the Deeside Leisure centre. They were grim and Clapton wasn't much better that night, The audience were seated on the ice rink which was boarded over. Came out pissed off and fucking freezing. 

Saw The Jam at Deeside and by the encores the freeze had taken over my whole body & I could barely hear In the City over my teeth chattering.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Once saw Iron Maiden at Whitley Bay ice rink, they were on fire  that night.

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shame but it has to be said they were truly astonishingly shite.

And they are Spurs fans. Fucking hate Spurs me.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Shame but it has to be said they were truly astonishingly shite.

This Is the first n g I’ve fished out to you in 13 1/2 years on here. 

Im off to cry in a corner.

Chas and Dave, 2 absolutely fantastic musicians and songwriters. Not everyone’s  cup of tea, but far from shite. 

• Like 1

It was the work that he did before chas n Dave that should be remembered. Head hands and feet were a cracking band with Albert lee on guitar. I know that most people remember all this cockerny stuff, but he really was a good musician 

Whenever I scroll down the GF, I read this as Dan. 

I then feel sad as I realise it isn't.    *

* I am not wishing death on anyone.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, Skidfingers McGonical said:

This Is the first n g I’ve fished out to you in 13 1/2 years on here. 

Im off to cry in a corner.

Chas and Dave, 2 absolutely fantastic musicians and songwriters. Not everyone’s  cup of tea, but far from shite. 

Not that far

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They played OK on this.

Wasn't Labi Siffre the one who was on the Val Doonican show just before the adverts came on?