You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kirkby Training Complex

Chip Butty

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

This doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.  I can't say exactly why, but each time I see it, it just feels wrong? Maybe it's having Klopp and not Bob?  I appreciate it's probably a case of when Klopp goes, that picture will be updated to the next fella.  But it still feels wrong.  I' be a lot more comfortable if it was Bob or Kenny in place on Klopp.  Klopp can go there when he's left.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, shoes and indoor

Shanks was the driving force behind the club's ethos and making Melwood fit for purpose for the long term. Klopp has been the driving force behind the recent reinstatement of Shanks' ethos and had a big say in making the Kirkby Training Complex fit for purpose for the long term.

• Upvote 1

On 17/11/2020 at 13:33, an tha said:

Can't believe they have gone with the 18 and 1 instead of 19 for titles....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/training-ground/415645-revealed-axa-training-centre-champions-walk-photos

Yeah, it is such a daft thing to do.

They could easily have had it the same way the wall was at Melwood. Paint both trophies next to each other and have '19' underneath. Simples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've noticed, especially more recently, that there have been postings on the likes of Twitter leaking info about players that have got injured and/or are likely to miss games. These postings are not from social media accounts linked to the club. There have been suggestions that the training photos and videos the club itself posts have been used to determine which players are missing, but this idea relies on a lot of guesswork by assuming that if a certain player is not in any pictures, they will be absent from the next game. What if a picture of a player training was taken earlier during the training session and published on the offal, but the player picked up a knock later on in the training session that will see them miss a game?

What is really concerning is that there is a very high level of accuracy in the information posted on these other sites that leads me to think that someone closely involved in training sessions is leaking the info to external sources. To what end, I have no idea. Maybe there is some financial gain involving dodgy betting rings, who knows?

The club is being paid a lot of money by Axa and I've no doubt that is a key reason why so much of the stuff from training gets posted on social media. It provides Axa with exposure. It would be unfair on them, and possibly a breach of their sponsorship terms, to start leaving all this stuff out.

Perhaps Jurgen and the club need to deliberately provide misinformation on club platforms based on specific details that very few within the club would know beforehand. It this misinformation gets leaked, it can narrow down the culprit/s.

12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I've noticed, especially more recently, that there have been postings on the likes of Twitter leaking info about players that have got injured and/or are likely to miss games. These postings are not from social media accounts linked to the club. There have been suggestions that the training photos and videos the club itself posts have been used to determine which players are missing, but this idea relies on a lot of guesswork by assuming that if a certain player is not in any pictures, they will be absent from the next game. What if a picture of a player training was taken earlier during the training session and published on the offal, but the player picked up a knock later on in the training session that will see them miss a game?

What is really concerning is that there is a very high level of accuracy in the information posted on these other sites that leads me to think that someone closely involved in training sessions is leaking the info to external sources. To what end, I have no idea. Maybe there is some financial gain involving dodgy betting rings, who knows?

The club is being paid a lot of money by Axa and I've no doubt that is a key reason why so much of the stuff from training gets posted on social media. It provides Axa with exposure. It would be unfair on them, and possibly a breach of their sponsorship terms, to start leaving all this stuff out.

Perhaps Jurgen and the club need to deliberately provide misinformation on club platforms based on specific details that very few within the club would know beforehand. It this misinformation gets leaked, it can narrow down the culprit/s.

I think we do a training game the day before. We select the XI to play and the other side sets up as best it can to replicate how our opponents will play. This is how the team is getting leaked. I'm assuming it must be easier to get photos than before. 

16 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Its......

Rebecca Vardy

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Good points. We all want team info but this leaking of the team a couple of hours or even the night before a game pisses me off. It could tip the oppos the wink on our line up if they get wind of it.

You'd think maybe the club could do training sessions behind closed doors or at least not let photographers in. If they want to release photos, just show 3 or 4 players not the group. The news about Fab missing the game at Spurs came out due to a photographer allowed into the session at Leyton Orient's ground before hand. You'd think Jurgen and co would be wise to that?

15 minutes ago, Trumo said:

There’s definitely a leak from somebody in or very close to the first team squad. There’s about two or three accounts I follow who are very accurate with their information. For instance injuries are tweeted about about days in advance of the likes of Joyce and Pearce reporting it. There’s been certain transfer targets who these accounts have mentioned weeks before it’s been reported on by the reliable journos. 

For instance, this lad David Carmo at Braga. One of these Twitter accounts was tweeting about us targeting him for a January signing back in late December and was insistent throughout January that he was the main target despite the more we’ll known about links to other centre backs. No other journalist mentioned Carmo until deadline day and then low and behold it emerged that we’d had two bids rejected for him that day. 

Something is definitely going on. I’ve seen some suggestions that one of the physios might be the source behind the leak but that sounded like guesswork. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

There’s definitely a leak from somebody in or very close to the first team squad. There’s about two or three accounts I follow who are very accurate with their information. For instance injuries are tweeted about about days in advance of the likes of Joyce and Pearce reporting it. There’s been certain transfer targets who these accounts have mentioned weeks before it’s been reported on by the reliable journos. 

For instance, this lad David Carmo at Braga. One of these Twitter accounts was tweeting about us targeting him for a January signing back in late December and was insistent throughout January that he was the main target despite the more we’ll known about links to other centre backs. No other journalist mentioned Carmo until deadline day and then low and behold it emerged that we’d had two bids rejected for him that day. 

Something is definitely going on. I’ve seen some suggestions that one of the physios might be the source behind the leak but that sounded like guesswork. 

If it comes to transers then it's definetly not one of the physios, unless the head of the department filters it down. I would doubt that very much. There'd be a decent amount of people knowing about a transfer in the making/bids, so I guess tracking down the culprit would have to a Rebecca Vardy scenario. I don't have twitter but that sounds like a couple of tasty accounts you have lined up there to be fair.

• 1 month later...

The wind was a known issue for the site anyway, that's why they installed wind breakers as well as more/bigger trees. Until all the vegetation/trees grow out who knows if it will make a difference. Surprised they didnt artificially raise and lower some of the pitches to stop it from being one flat site. 

• Upvote 1