You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kratom

Captain Turdseye

Does anyone know much about this, or have any experiences with it? 

https://thethirdwave.co/psychedelics/kratom/

I stumbled upon a documentary last night called ‘A Leaf of Faith’ and whilst I fell asleep before the end it really sparked my interest. 

I have bouts of chronic pain and find it easy to get Codeine from the doctor which is only effective if I take more than the recommended dosage. As I mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks ago, I’d been taking over and above continuously for a week or so and (along with my MS meds) unwittingly weakened the lining of my stomach so much that a night out on the ale left me spewing blood, losing weight and basically being fucked for over a week. It was actually pretty worrying for the first couple of days  

I’m pretty much scared off of Codeine now because as I said, it’s useless if I take a ‘normal’ amount. This leaves me with the chronic pain being a problem and needing an alternative that doesn’t damage my stomach lining, seeing as that’s one of the possible side-effects of the medication I have to take to keep my arms and legs working.

So, Kratom, can any US based posters talk to me about it? I know you can get it in tablet form or brew it up into a drink. Forum favourite Joe ‘I’m on it right now’ Rogan seems to think it’s fine and there were plenty of people advocating it’s use in the aforementioned documentary.

So I finished the documentary and even in the US, the DEA and FDA can’t find grounds to ban this stuff. 

Even in Florida, the home of Flakka, the local government said it can’t see any reason why Kratom is not fit for human consumption. 

It also showed Rogan watching a couple of the Flakka videos I posted on here, which raised a smile from me. 

"Will kratom make me crazy?

Evidence suggests there may be a link between prolonged, regular kratom use (or addiction) and deluded thoughts.[1] While moderate use isn’t likely to be problematic psychologically, some users have developed anxiety (although others use kratom to treat it)."

Sounds like great craic. Stick me down for 2 bags.

It sounds like something Harry Potter would say as he waved his wand and it is made. Therefore I would say buy a wand, say the word and see if it makes it appear.

Based on my studies though it appears to be legal to own but not buy in the UK, however it can be purchased from outside the UK. Perhaps from Netherlands. Or perhaps online here...

https://www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d23_Kratom_Kopen_Kaufen.html

20 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It sounds like something Harry Potter would say as he waved his wand and it is made. Therefore I would say buy a wand, say the word and see if it makes it appear.

Based on my studies though it appears to be legal to own but not buy in the UK, however it can be purchased from outside the UK. Perhaps from Netherlands. Or perhaps online here...

https://www.kraatje.eu/contents/en-us/d23_Kratom_Kopen_Kaufen.html

Aye, I’ve already got that site bookmarked. Still undecided as to wether or not I’m gonna try it. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

PayPal me the £5 to take them off you and I’ll give you my address. 

I had the same issue with codiene with my slipped disc, Dr put me on a tablet called Targinact which is an oxycodone based tablet but with another ingredient in to stop you getting nausea, constipation etc. Been on 2 a day for about 6 months now and never felt better.. never had an issue with my stomach since.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I had the same issue with codiene with my slipped disc, Dr put me on a tablet called Targinact which is an oxycodone based tablet but with another ingredient in to stop you getting nausea, constipation etc. Been on 2 a day for about 6 months now and never felt better.. never had an issue with my stomach since.

Isn’t that the kind of stuff that’s caused the opioid epidemic in America? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Isn’t that the kind of stuff that’s caused the opiate epidemic in America? 

Yeah.. Hillbilly heroin ... not in a 2.5mg dose mind.. I have about 200 tablets though so I could make a fortune if you know anyone called Billy-Jo or Peggy-Sue

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

PayPal me the £5 to take them off you and I’ll give you my address. 

I'm finding them increasingly less effective. I asked on the depression thread about amitriptyline as it's an anti-depressant/pain relief. Have you never tried that?

Only problem with those types is that you get the delayed ejaculation of a castration victim.

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm finding them increasingly less effective. I asked on the depression thread about amitriptyline as it's an anti-depressant/pain relief. Have you never tried that?

Only problem with those types is that you get the delayed ejaculation of a castration victim.

I couldn’t cope on amitriptyline, kept falling asleep in the middle of the day

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I think that was one of the two anti-depressants I was prescribed and only lasted a couple of days on each because they were making me nauseous. At the time I thought I’d rather be miserable than feel sick all day. 

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Just Googled "kratom nl" and there's fucking loads of online companies. Here's one

https://www.dekratomshop.nl

They will send outside the Netherlands or you can just send it to me and pick it up later if you are ever over here so long as I'm in and didn't consume it all. 

It’s illegal to import it into the UK so I’m not sure the reward is worth the risk of ordering from a company with a name as blatant as that. I don’t fancy having my house raided, which is what happened to someone whose posts I was reading on Reddit.

There are apparently more subtle ways of getting it in.