You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSG(h) Champions League Match thread

LFC 6 Times

29 minutes ago, Closer To God said:

Exactly. Are people really suggesting Mo’s getting pissed off when we win in 

OVERTIME against PSG in the CL?

I just got home after watching the game at work and haven’t read up on the thread or twatter. 

You've been watching too many of those blag yank streams. 

22 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Apart from Neymar and Mbappe who are quality (lazy twats but quality) PSG are bang fucking average.

Their problem is that they face garbage opposition most of the time and when they have to face teams who are decent and not scared of them and don't allow them to dictate/play at the tempo they want to they don't know what to do.

They were gutless at times tonight and their 'superstar' a lazy primadonna.

It is easy rolling over the shite in the French league - and of course they have a mega expensively assembled side with obvious talent in it that does so at a canter - but to then step it up when needed in Europe is beyond them - their record in the CL since their lottery win is abysmal.

Mercenary fucking shithouses.

All that said we were boss though 2-2 flattered them hugely.....the winner was thoroughly deserved.

Neymar is a joke...leaves one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing in one of the best leagues to fuck off to play in a mickey mouse league

We all know why of course....

This PSG ‘team‘ is that in name only. It is a collection of individuals banded together by the financial circumstance of their greed which is fed by Qatari petrodollars.

Klopp is a footballing genius.   Our defence is as mean as the front line now.   Completely bossed them from start to finish.  They were given a goal that should never have stood and we missed more chances than I care to remember, again.   The 12th man played a part as per usual in big European games, they completely shit the bed and would have been on the end of a hiding with VAR and a fit and firing front line.

I'll never complain about a line up again.  Klopp can probably turn water into wine tbh.   Excellent result in the Napoli game too and judging by the stats in that game, Red Star were battered, two points dropped for them.   The group's well in our hands now.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Closer To God said:

Exactly. Are people really suggesting Mo’s getting pissed off when we win in overtime against PSG in the CL?

I just got home after watching the game at work and haven’t read up on the thread or twatter. 

Okay, this is crying out for my superior analysis now. I'm sure he was pissed at his poor performance, then as we won it at the death, having no room to run and jump (as he was sitting in a confined space) relieved since tension by smiling and banging a bottle against something. Somewhat akin to me banging my hands against the side of the mattress as my kids were asleep and the missus would kill me if I woke the brats.

Basically, that dine balon or something newspaper and others are making something up in a poor attempt to indicate that or team is not as happy as otherwise suggested. 

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

Klopp is a footballing genius.   Our defence is as mean as the front line now.   Completely bossed them from start to finish.  They were given a goal that should never have stood and we missed more chances than I care to remember, again.   The 12th man played a part as per usual in big European games, they completely shit the bed and would have been on the end of a hiding with VAR and a fit and firing front line.

I'll never complain about a line up again.  Klopp can probably turn water into wine tbh.   Excellent result in the Napoli game too and judging by the stats in that game, Red Star were battered, two points dropped for them.   The group's well in our hands now.

I could really get used to this version of Grinch! Good post. 

We will hear loads how we where lucky PSG didn't care

Honestly i think a fair bit of them not wanting it was more down to the constant sniping and pressure Gini,Henderson and Milner got on them early, same with Mbappe and Neymar who i don't think enjoyed playing against Robertson and Trent either, barley gave them a sniff and if they cut in they had the midfield going at them. Both Milner and Henderson got into Naymar fairly and once Mane turned him inside out he really offered fuck all

• Upvote 1

The other result was a right bonus too

If we can grab at least an away draw to Napoli then we you would really expect 6pts against Red Star if we take our chances. Going into the game in Paris with 10pts on the board would take all the pressure off

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

We will hear loads how we where lucky PSG didn't care

Honestly i think a fair bit of them not wanting it was more down to the constant sniping and pressure Gini,Henderson and Milner got on them early, same with Mbappe and Neymar who i don't think enjoyed playing against Robertson and Trent either, barley gave them a sniff and if they cut in they had the midfield going at them. Both Milner and Henderson got into Naymar fairly and once Mane turned him inside out he really offered fuck all

We absolutely ran them ragged for the first half an hour. We destroyed their soul with the second goal. All over the pitch we pressured them, dominated them, were better than them. They were fucked after 40 minutes. Just fucked. We were quicker, we were smarter, we were imperious and they don’t have that happen to them and because they don’t give a fuck about the club or each other, they joined for the money, they just care about their egos, they didn’t fight or have the mental strength to fight. 

• Upvote 1

Match summary as promised…

Strange game.

No, not the result. Or the performance. Or even the atmosphere - which actually was a bit weird, in that it never really got going - although fair fucks to the Parisians who sang all game whilst semi-naked.

No, the thing that was weird for me happened before the game.

Unusually, Ainsy was coming the match. Even more unusually he was going to drive. This meant that Bri and I could have a pint or two, as neither of us would be driving.

Obviously Ainsy was late picking me up. I started clock watching. Would we have time for the pints? Then he stopped for petrol. The minutes ticked by. He got in the wrong lane in the tunnel and got stuck for a while. But YAY, we got parked up, with just about enough time for beers, if we hurried. Woo-hoo.

We left the car at the foot of Everton Valley and began our ascent. Quite a climb for old-timers through the park. As we reached the summit. Ainsy turned

"Oh shit. I've left my ticket at home.". 

Really? It's pretty much the only thing one needs to remember for such an occasion.

"I'll go check the car. See if it dropped out my pocket.".

We waited atop the hill. He came back.

"Bugger it's not there! Must be at home.".

This obviously wasn't a new thing to Ainsy. He knew exactly the drill for such occasion, so we headed for the ticket office. Hmmm, I thought, we might just make this beer after all. I am so selfish.

"Shit! I think I left the car unlocked."

We waited again. Ainsy descended the hill. We waited some more whilst the tiny figure got closer as he returned on his third trip up the hill.

"It was locked afterall."

Sheesh!

A quick hall home confirmed that the ticket was not in the house. He must have taken it. "I'll go back to the car and check again."

I was trying to fake a look of interested, supportive yet thirsty.

We decided to go to the fan park whilst he checked the car. I mean three people is too many to search a small car. Right? It was late now and the fan park was our best chance of getting served quickly.

A text revealed that Ainsy had found the ticket. It had fallen out of his pocket. Whodathunkit.

We got him a beer in, and he managed to get to the fan park in time for a nice pint together.

After a refreshing couple of pints we made our merry way to the turnstiles. Travelling in anticipation of a great game, with all our bad luck behind us. Nothing gonna stop us now.

The turnstile light buzzed and flashed a welcoming green, helping me in to the bowels of the main stand. The noise had started. Singing. Anticipation. I couldn't wait to get in now. I turned around just in time to see an unhappy looking Bri refused entrance at the turnstile and shepherded away to the nearest steward.

The club had fucked up the Euro ticket purchases on the season tickets.

Anyway. 3-2 . What a result!

• Upvote 4