You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

please switch off Someone comments on something I follow option

stringvest

40 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Pidge ruining the fun there. 

I did think about the 

"Hope"

"This"

"Helps"

approach, but in the end couldn't be arsed.  If it makes you feel any better I'll start my next FF post with a "Stig Fingers Cats" alone at the top so it spreads the word via the Latest Posts feed.  Wouldn't advise everyone else to do the same thing or anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

I did think about the 

"Hope"

"This"

"Helps"

approach, but in the end couldn't be arsed.  If it makes you feel any better I'll start my next FF post with a "Stig Fingers Cats" alone at the top so it spreads the word via the Latest Posts feed.  Wouldn't advise everyone else to do the same thing or anything.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

If you're not falling under my spell in the same way as Stringy, the only thing left is to threaten to report @dave u to the Information Commissioner for failing to respect your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). 

We will of course all blame you if the site gets closed down as a result

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've disabled all notifications but still keep getting them. It also says 'browser notifications are enabled' which the are not as I've checked. Its pissing me off as much as Stringy.

What exactly are you getting? Emails, or the notification messages that pop up o the forum?

Stringy, is your issue sorted now after Scrump's advice?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dave u said:

What exactly are you getting? Emails, or the notification messages that pop up o the forum?

There should be settings for this, mate. I’ll have a look in an ACP tomorrow. Should be there. If not, it should be fixable in code pretty easily 

I found it. It was under a section called 'notifications' curiously enough!

Anyway, I've set it so people can edit it to whatever they like. I wasn't going to disable anything at this end as some people might want them switched on, so now it's entirely up to the individual what notifications they receive.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dave u said:

I was getting pop ups saying 'so and so has posted a new message in the whatever thread.' Hasn't happened again just yet so I am hoping its ok now.

Think I might have an idea what my problem was,or is. It seems some of the threads I posted in had 'notify me of any replies posted' turned on by default rather than off.

Just occured to me that the submit reply button and tell me if anybody replies button are too close together and might get turned on by mistake while submitting a reply.