You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New site feedback

dave u

1 hour ago, dave u said:

That will be someone's avatar. Not sure that would be enough to slow down a page loading.

Aye, prob wouldn't in fairness. Just seems to be on the index page. Seems grand once it has cached all the content it should. Could just be me being impatient too though. 

8 hours ago, Trumo said:

In that video, it would have been funnier if Jennings had scrolled down to someone else's name instead of his own.

I actually had a bit that I decided not to put in which had a load of adjectives over which I intended to put people names/avatars.

Only thing is I didn't really wanna upset anyone and I thought some people might not take it as a gag.

Here is the list you can guess the names. I won't confirm/deny any...

It was going to say...

You are going to come across loads of different types of contributor (posters/members).

Some you'll like and some you won't.

On TLW you'll come across posters who are

Thought leaders 

Contrarians

Street wise 

Cosmopolitan 

Sanctimoniously pompous 

Borderline genius 

Pedantic 

Witty 

Narrow minded 

Football savvy 

Obstinate 

Funny 

Narcissistic 

Stupendous 

Sophisticated 

Scholarly 

Commonalty 

"Popular Contributor" 

Lots of problems on a mobile phone. It jumps around like crazy, I have opened dozens of profile pages rather than threads.

The worst problem I have is in posting. I don't know if it is a conflict with some Google shit or not, but trying to correct some of my frequent typing errors the page shrinks to a one inch wide column which is often difficult to restore to normal (or at least readable) size.

Can we no longer embed Youtube videos into our posts?

There used to be a button to do it at the top of the reply box, but I just tried to find it and it's not there in this new setup. Will that be coming back? I like having the ability to put a video directly in the post instead of having to just post a link back to youtube.

23 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Can we no longer embed Youtube videos into our posts?

There used to be a button to do it at the top of the reply box, but I just tried to find it and it's not there in this new setup. Will that be coming back? I like having the ability to put a video directly in the post instead of having to just post a link back to youtube.

If you just paste the link directly it automatically embeds

On 9/28/2018 at 2:32 AM, Aggers Elbow said:

Lots of problems on a mobile phone. It jumps around like crazy, I have opened dozens of profile pages rather than threads.

The worst problem I have is in posting. I don't know if it is a conflict with some Google shit or not, but trying to correct some of my frequent typing errors the page shrinks to a one inch wide column which is often difficult to restore to normal (or at least readable) size.

Not just me then.

Any ideas for more 'how to' videos for me to create?

I got a video editing piece of software. Spent ages learnig it, to do the 'ignore' video. Now I dunno which other stuff to do.

I spent ages creating those transition effects.

I was thinking...how to:-

• add animated gifs to your posts.
  • observe good TLW etiquette.
  • Get gold.

anything else?