You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New site feedback

dave u

24 minutes ago, LF:D said:

There used to be a button on the last forum, which up pressed (in the top left) to get rid of the quotes / font etc & it showed the code so you couldn't format properly.

Where has that gone?  If I quote something now, but want to get rid of the quote marks, how can I do it?

Must admit I preferred the old version of the forum, based on my initial impressions.  Maybe I don't know where the new stuff is.  But little things I find annoying on this version.  Less user friendly.   

You want Dave to make it great again?

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

1. Is there a way to put the post number somewhere on the post?

2. What is the difference between "upvote" and "like"? Does one give rep and one doesn't? Which one should we use, if there is a difference?

1 I'll have a look, I expect there is a way to do it but I don't know off the top of my head.

2. No idea what 'like' actually does, I've only used upvote, as that definitely does give rep. I expect like does too though.

1 hour ago, LF:D said:

Must admit I preferred the old version of the forum, based on my initial impressions.  Maybe I don't know where the new stuff is.  But little things I find annoying on this version.  Less user friendly.   

Does that mean you're gonna flounce again?

3 hours ago, LF:D said:

There used to be a button on the last forum, which up pressed (in the top left) to get rid of the quotes / font etc & it showed the code so you couldn't format properly.

Where has that gone?  If I quote something now, but want to get rid of the quote marks, how can I do it?

I was wondering about that code button too.  I saw it in Jennings' twitter how-to but it's not there for me.  Maybe it's a gold club thing!

57 minutes ago, LF:D said:

But it was on the old site? 

It was a different button, it had BB code on it. html was disabled on the footy forum so even if there was html on the button, you couldn't use it.

This button doesnt have BB code on it, which is something I want to fix as it should be there.

Vs the old mobile site I didn’t like it st First but it’s now much better, now I’ve got used to it.

i only ever use mobile and don’t do anything other than read or write posts, but for that I like it.

just saying.

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Think I've just spotted a serious bug. There's a thing along the side that says "popular contributors" and it has Turdseye's name at the top of it.

Been bugging me from day 1 of the new site. I suggest a collective negging spree to bring his ass down a peg or 8.

• Upvote 1

I like the notifications, even if they initially scared me.  That's a really nice addition.

I also think this website is much easier now to see TLW products & I like it how it shows on the right the different options if you want to upgrade to gold.  Two more good additions.

I'm slowly getting used to it. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic