You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New site feedback

dave u

Any things you notice that aren't working, or any questions you have about the new layout, just post in here.

If the background is a bit too bright for you, click on the little icon in the header that looks like a mountain with a sun over it. You can change to a different header which has a darker background. When you've selected which one you want, click the little icon again and it will close the box.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also, I'm aware that a number of you are locked out and can't reset passwords. Some of you have emailed me and I'm just about to get to those now.

Anyone reading this who can't log in, try the rest password option. If you are registered on here with an old email address then you won't receive the password, so either drop me an email or message me on twitter and I'll sort it

• Downvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Had to reset my password as it wasn't recognising it, but it's all good now.

I notice that, somewhat suspiciously, the super secret Writer's Forum has no longer been flagged up to us plebs. Who knows what diabolical rituals of worship to ancient, eldritch gods are conducted in it's pages.

There are still some things that are rebuilding in the background. Some posts aren't here, some aren't formatted properly and there are a few members accounts that haven't come over yet either. 

I suspect this is also why the 'latest post' option isn't working yet either.

It should all sort itself out in a day or two when all of the rebuilds are completed.

• Downvote 1

Thanks for all the hard yakka. In Vietnam at the moment and can't access the Beeb so I'm reliant on TLW for my fix and I'm restricted to the mobile. I really like the absence of that fucking Tapatalk ad that was a twat to get rid of and being able to rep without going to the full version is a plus. The absence of latest news flashes from 1985 or something on the home page is also welcome. It's slightly more amenable to the touch screen than the old version was - thumping away at the screen only to find myself looking at someone's profile or exiting the forum. Hopefully I'll  work out how to get to the latest unread soon and find out how I can post pictures.

The whole fucking thing has now shrunk to half screen width and it's leaping about all over the place so there's another learning curve to master but yes big improvement thanks. Lost most of my reasons not to pay up now!

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, suzy said:

Aah, it's not taking me to latest post at the moment

Click the speech bubble icon in front of the thread.

18 hours ago, Remmie said:

Tried the Mountain icon and it just gave me different header options- Anfield crowd/front three and players of yore, the contrast and brightness are exactly the same whatever I choose

Should give you a grey background, but the actual forum page background is still white.

18 hours ago, Seasons said:

Fucking hell, it's become RAWK.

*goes looking for the ban button*

17 hours ago, an tha said:

Mobi version does it default to it when using mobi? - is the old blue layout still available?

No thats gone. The new site works fine on mobile though, once you get used to it.

9 hours ago, PestiRed said:

Wavering on this

Get rid of the shitty hearts for repping and I may just be in favour

Done.

2 hours ago, Aggers Elbow said:

Thanks for all the hard yakka. In Vietnam at the moment and can't access the Beeb so I'm reliant on TLW for my fix and I'm restricted to the mobile. I really like the absence of that fucking Tapatalk ad that was a twat to get rid of and being able to rep without going to the full version is a plus. The absence of latest news flashes from 1985 or something on the home page is also welcome. It's slightly more amenable to the touch screen than the old version was - thumping away at the screen only to find myself looking at someone's profile or exiting the forum. Hopefully I'll  work out how to get to the latest unread soon and find out how I can post pictures.

The whole fucking thing has now shrunk to half screen width and it's leaping about all over the place so there's another learning curve to master but yes big improvement thanks. Lost most of my reasons not to pay up now!

To get latest unread post you need to click the speech icon on the left of the thread in the forum menu. I'm working on trying to make it possibly by clicking the thread title, but for now that's how you do it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic