You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs vs Liverpool, Sat 15, 12:30

Lee909

6 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

A good point about Winks having only played six minutes since February.

Seems silly to send out a player who might want a second or two on the ball against, arguably, the most agressive pressing team in football. Maybe Pocchetino's already feeling the pressure of a less than stellar squad.

My favourite moment ( other than the goals obviously ) was fairly late on by Spurs left corner flag & Milner gets fouled & while the Spurs players are all assailing the ref, James has a sneaky look around from the floor & punches the ball about 15 yards past the corner flag.

The only worry for me is we seem to be weakening in the second half of games & when Bobby got injured Jurgen seemed more interested in arguing with Kevin Enemy than thinking the situation through properly, leaving Keita running around up front totally ineffectually for a while.

Oh, and this bringing Matip on for 5 minutes & messing Gomez & Trent around needs to stop. We were dealing fine with corners before that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

Oh, and this bringing Matip on for 5 minutes & messing Gomez & Trent around needs to stop. We were dealing fine with corners before that.

I've yet to see this tactic work. We are an attacking team at heart. Surely bringing on XS woukd have been the best option. Unless he's just trying to keep Matip onboard. 

• Upvote 1

a) Spurs are an absolute gaggle of pricks

b) For some reason as an actual team they annoy me more than any since Ferguson's United - I rarely if ever see them actually play well, but they grind out results time and again. They get compared to us a lot, but I don't see it; they can press effectively but I genuinely don't see this thrilling attacking play that so many do.

c) b may have something to do with a

d) I think Mane got the ball before touching Son

e) d may have something to with a

f) fuck you, Spurs

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

b) For some reason as an actual team they annoy me more than any since Ferguson's United - I rarely if ever see them actually play well, but they grind out results time and again. They get compared to us a lot, but I don't see it; they can press effectively but I genuinely don't see this thrilling attacking play that so many do.

f) fuck you, Spurs

I feel your anger, shit waffle. It makes you powerful.

4 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

f) fuck you, Spurs

On point B: Even that game they won at old Trafford a few weeks ago that everyone was talking up as a wonder performance and supposedly cemented their position as serious title contenders, they got battered for the entire first half and if not for some seriously shite finishing and then shite defending in the second half they would have 3 defeats on the bounce. Spurs are a good side, very dangerous when on form, but not top level - as the hype would suggest. 

On 9/15/2018 at 2:39 PM, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So Firmino outscored the “ bestest striker in the world “ that makes him the bestest.

Harry Kane has a 1960’s English actors name. 

He has a 1920’s Hillbilly face.

And the intellect of a 1990’s Chav.

He is a footballing Rodney Trotter without the charm.

Ajax!

They're very good against the shit in the league and when you're very good 28 games a season, you'll do well in the final table.

The Poch man is either abysmal tactically though or just downright arrogant.   They'll never win anything major with him or any club he manages unless he goes a league with one or two decent teams.