You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Terrarium

Redder Lurtz

Deaded! Gutted. Started using it because kodi became shite. What's the best similar option out there to load onto a firestick?

Kodi never became shite, so to speak. It just needs keeping up to date as the add ons inevitably come and go, which is pretty simple if you know how.

Terrarium took the need for any of that away, which is why it’s a shame it’s gone. There’s big demand for it so I’m sure it won’t be too long until someone creates something almost identical.

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Put FreeFlix on last night. Its ok, but no Mr Mercedes on the TV section? Pretty sure there's other current stuff missing as well.

There will be a proper Terrarium replacement out soon enough. There’s demand for it and money to be made from ads for whoever does it. 

Customising your own Kodi set-up seems the best way for me personally until then. I’ve got it set up so it resembles Terrarium anyway. It just takes an extra few clicks/seconds to get your episode playing. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Showbox is way better than the alternatives for me.  I wonder if it's mouse toggle putting folks off.  Very simple to use and a must have app for numerous other great wee apps.   There's a free VPN that's solid but requires mouse toggle too.

I’m not a big fan of the layout to be honest and the ads can be annoying as well. It’s much better on touch screen devices. I used it a lot on my Kindle when I used to ‘work’ nights. 

I've read a few things that suggest there may be something more sinister going on as it seems a little odd that they'd just throw in the towel and walk away. I was reading some stuff that was warning to delete the app so had a google and found this video. It's hard to take seriously with all the Scooby Doo shite going on in the video but still...

13 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I've read a few things that suggest there may be something more sinister going on as it seems a little odd that they'd just throw in the towel and walk away. I was reading some stuff that was warning to delete the app so had a google and found this video. It's hard to take seriously with all the Scooby Doo shite going on in the video but still...

Didn’t watch the whole video, skipped to the end, but I’d been wondering why the DocSquiffy site had removed all the links to APK’s. Question answered there. He’s been warned. 

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Was told about TeaTV last night and seen it mentioned elsewhere other than here. Took less than two minuted to download the app. Different layout from Ttv and took a bit of getting use to but it seems to be OK.

FreeFlix HQ is another decent one, mate. In my experience it works better if you download an external player, such as MX Player or YesPlayer, and toggle the settings inside FreeFlix so it plays through one of them instead. 

Edit: If you’re downloading it onto a Firestick, you need to download the previous version instead of the current one. The link for previous version APK is directly underneath the new one on the FreeFlix site.