You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player in world football would improve us the most?

Elite

Kane guarantees goals. He’s also a very good footballer, as his performance for England showed over the summer, dropping deep, linking up play, creating space for Lingard and Sterling.

His performances during the summer? Really? He was shite. The only thing I could take from his performances was that he can take a penalty. I think Kane is a good player, but to try and use his performances over the summer as proof is bullshit.

I really hope Kane plays on Saturday, he's a complete shadow of himself at the moment, he's running on fumes and has been at least since March. Either he's carrying an injury of some sorts or he's just completely knackered. I fancy both vvd and Gomez to handle him easily on Saturday. I'd be more concerned if both Son and Moura starts.

aRdja in being wrong shocker. I’m starting to wonder if he’s a closet Spurs fan. Replacing Firmino with Kane would weaken us as a team.

As far as which player would improve us the most, I’d say Messi or De Bruyne.

It’s almost like he’s never watched us or Kane play football before. It’s that bad a suggestion.

The World Cup performances comment is just baffling.

• Upvote 1

aRdja in being wrong shocker. I’m starting to wonder if he’s a closet Spurs fan. Replacing Firmino with Kane would weaken us as a team.

As far as which player would improve us the most, I’d say Messi or De Bruyne.

Wonder away. Kane has scored 20+ goals in the league, four seasons in a row. Firmino’s best seasons yielded 15 goals; half of Kane’s tally last season.

It’s almost like he’s never watched us or Kane play football before. It’s that bad a suggestion.

The World Cup performances comment is just baffling.

Kane won the golden boot FYI, and almost played like a playmaker at times, he was dropping so deep so frequently.

Harry Kane, because our current number nine is the probably the easiest to improve on, and Harry Kane is probably the best number nine in the world at the moment.

Nope. Lewandowski is better in my opinion and Griezmann too. Kane is very good at what he does in a team made for him but still big questions regarding his all round play. Firmino is a more typical number nine in the modern game.

I don't think it's true that Kane wouldn't fit our system it's just that he isn't that much of an upgrade on Firmino. Stick our two wide players in the Spurs team instead of Moura and Son and they'd be much better.

To be fair we probably have 2 of the best wide players in world football. They'd improve any team.

I don't think it's true that Kane wouldn't fit our system it's just that he isn't that much of an upgrade on Firmino. Stick our two wide players in the Spurs team instead of Moura and Son and they'd be much better.

He literally scored twice the number of goals as Bobby last season.

He literally scored twice the number of goals as Bobby last season.

They are two completely different types of player, Kane would not suit our current style.

Salah scored more than Kane, should he play upfront for Spurs ahead of Kane?

No because Kane suits their style. He would play wide though, and can play down the middle.

I don't watch much footy outside our games these days so there maybe somebody similar but better , but I think the French lad with the dodgy knee we missed out on would be ideal as he is able to cover the forward positions and fall back into a number 10 if we want to re-shape.I know Shaqiri may help a bit on this score but I think we still need more or we are into the Sturridges & Origis.

• Upvote 1