You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Celtic FC appreciation thread 1888 to beyond.

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It makes me sick that any of our fans could want them lot to win anything. Fucking scum from top to bottom. 

A couple of my mates in Glasgow are Rangers fans.

You would likely think they are scum on the face of it, one was even accused of rape (CPS didnt take it forward), however, they are both sound when you get to know them.

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

A couple of my mates in Glasgow are Rangers fans.

You would likely think they are scum on the face of it, one was even accused of rape (CPS didnt take it forward), however, they are both sound when you get to know them.

I've got a good few Celtic mates and a few mates who are rangers fans. The rangers fans are both sound as fuck and good for a wind up back and forth. Neither are racist bigots (well one is a bit too queen and country for my liking). One of my mates who is a Celtic die-hard is a grade A twat and I'm only mates with him because he's a good mates brother. I wouldn't even call him a mate actually. I tolerate him. That said, by and large that club is fucking vile. 

Twats at all clubs of course but they are in there with Chelsea & Millwall. Fuck ever wanting any of them to do well. Gerrard or not. 

I know a few Glaswegian lads who are mixed Celtic and Rangers fans. All sound. The Celtic ones definitely have a bigger liking for us. The Rangers ones seem to have this link with the London clubs which I don't get. They all get on great except for Old Firm games, which I suppose represents progress. 

If I had an interest, I would be more disposed towards Celtic. Having said that, Stevie deserves great credit for taking on the Rangers job and knocking Celtic off their perch and I can't help being delighted for him. I hate all the Union Jack shit though. I like that it generally means fuck all to Liverpool fans. Say what you want about the way our derby is going, but religion was never a factor and still isn't. The old Celtic/Rangers chants at Anfield and Goodison were more about showing how united we were than anything else. In a city that's predominantly Irish Catholic in descent that's impressive given that sectarianism was evident in Liverpool and still is if you look close enough. I have mates whose families were in the Lodge and they are married to Catholics. The real war isn't with each other, but the ruling elite that continue to fuck us over. In Brexit Britian, cities like Liverpool and Glasgow will get the shkt end of the stick just like they did under Maggie.

Separately, I have major doubts about Stevie ultimately replacing Jurgen. It is going to need a very special manager to do that. I'd like to see him manage a big club down here and do something special. Rangers is a huge club but it's one thing getting the better of Neil Lennon, it's another getting the better of Mourinho or Guardiola. 

He could have got a cushy number as a pundit but he had the balls to take on Rangers. I wonder would say Carra have the balls to take on Celtic now. I doubt it and that says more about Stevie as a man because I have no doubt that Stevie would jog to Glasgow to take on Celtic if he was offered it and he wasn't in management.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2020 at 10:17, Bjornebye said:

Their lot gave up season tickets because the club signed a catholic! They turned on Gerrard at one point as well. You clearly know fuck all about scottish footy you're just being a bellend. 

On 07/12/2020 at 10:50, Bjornebye said:

I know more about it than you. 

Says the fella who, in creating a thread about his favourite team in Glasgow, misnamed his favourite team in Glasgow. 

I think Celtic's second goal may be the most obscene penalty decision I've seen this year.

(1:20)

I bet all the money in my pocket that if it was given against us in a final, the forum would no longer exist and crimewatch would be offering substantial rewards for 2/3 of the forum dead or alive.