You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Celtic FC appreciation thread 1888 to beyond.

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Celtic supporters chasing their own team bus after the game last night apparently.

Nine league titles on the bounce, numerous trebles, a few points behind their rivals in December & they're protesting & having a pop at their own team after a draw.

You'll Never Walk Alone indeed.

Maybe they should get their own song.

To be fair,I'd be surprised if Rangers hadn't done something similar after one of their reigns of Scottish domination. Both clubs have become entitled,which is a shame as there are no Aberdeen,Hearts etc to challenge them.

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair,I'd be surprised if Rangers hadn't done something similar after one of their reigns of Scottish domination. Both clubs have become entitled,which is a shame as there are no Aberdeen,Hearts etc to challenge them.

I can't remember Rangers supporters chasing their team bus down the street during the season they fell short of 10 in a row (97-98) and there were supporters allowed at games then.

They don't sing You'll Never Walk Alone either.

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

I can't remember Rangers supporters chasing their team bus down the street during the season they fell short of 10 in a row (97-98) and there were supporters allowed at games then.

They don't sing You'll Never Walk Alone either.

They have left Manchester looking worse than it already is after a European final though! Both of the clubs are entitled pricks and big fish in a very small pool and it would be nice to see others get a sniff again soon.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They have left Manchester looking worse than it already is after a European final though! Both of the clubs are entitled pricks and big fish in a very small pool and it would be nice to see others get a sniff again soon.

So we agree that they didn't sing YNWA then chase their own team bus down the street then.

Of course Rangers & Celtic are both a shower of cunts & it would be nice to see another team get a crack, Satan will be ice skating to work before that happens though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

So we agree that they didn't sing YNWA then chase their own team bus down the street then.

Of course Rangers & Celtic are both a shower of cunts & it would be nice to see another team get a crack, Satan will be ice skating to work before that happens though.

LFC don't own the song. A Mr Rogers and Hammerstein would argue about that if not being a little bit dead. I also wouldnt tell the Yanks or else you'll be paying royalties just for thinking of singing it.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Celtic supporters chasing their own team bus after the game last night apparently.

Nine league titles on the bounce, numerous trebles, a few points behind their rivals in December & they're protesting & having a pop at their own team after a draw.

You'll Never Walk Alone indeed.

Maybe they should get their own song.

About 20 fans ran across an embankment towards the coach shouting their disgust. 2 wins in 12 games and a board that is so greedy they are sitting back and letting 10 in a row slip away. But yeah, you keep chatting utter shite. 

Jesus wept. 

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

Their lot gave up season tickets because the club signed a catholic! They turned on Gerrard at one point as well. You clearly know fuck all about scottish footy you're just being a bellend. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Their lot gave up season ickiest because the club signed a catholic! They turned on Gerrard at one point as well. You clearly know fuck all about scottish footy you're just being a bellend. 

I don't really see what Rangers have to do with it Stig. Of course they have a load of twats supporting them too but my post was about the Celtic supporters chasing their team bus down the road after a draw last night, not Mo Johnston or Twitter.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

LFC don't own the song. A Mr Rogers and Hammerstein would argue about that if not being a little bit dead. I also wouldnt tell the Yanks or else you'll be paying royalties just for thinking of singing it.

I didn't say we owned or wrote the song, but if you're going to sing it, it might be an idea to mean what you're singing & not turn on your team after falling a few points behind in a title race.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I don't really see what Rangers have to do with it Stig. Of course they have a load of twats supporting them too but my post was about the Celtic supporters chasing their team bus down the road after a draw last night, not Mo Johnston or Twitter.

"The Celtic supporters" have you seen the video? A small gang ran across the grass and shouted a few things at the coach. And yes you did mention the other shower. Stick to shoving stuff up your arse, it might stop the shite you're chatting from coming out of it. 

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I didn't say we owned or wrote the song, but if you're going to sing it, it might be an idea to mean what you're singing & not turn on your team after falling a few points behind in a title race.

We've never gone mad at our players no? I've been on the Kop when its been toxic. Yeah a few Celtic fans acted like dicks but they can't vent in the stadium. The players aren't playing for the jersey, 10 in a row is pretty much gone and the board  (who have asked fans not to take refunds on season tickets they cant use) don't give a fuck. It's absolutely understandable. You're chatting absolute garbage here. 

We've never gone mad at our players no? I've been on the Kop when its been toxic. Yeah a few Celtic fans acted like dicks but they can't vent in the stadium. The players aren't playing for the jersey, 10 in a row is pretty much gone and the board  (who have asked fans not to take refunds on season tickets they cant use) don't give a fuck. It's absolutely understandable. You're chatting absolute garbage here. 

*makes note to never criticise the Celtic support again

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm just glad we've got him here so he can teach us all about Scottish Football.

I know more about it than you. 

5 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

So, Steven Gerrard is scum then?

He can fuck off until he leaves there as far as I'm concerned. 

It makes me sick that any of our fans could want them lot to win anything. Fucking scum from top to bottom. 

Perhaps most of us aren't fussed about the religious, ethnic, and sectarian stuff that dictates which of these clubs the people should follow? Perhaps we just want to see one of our all-time great players succeed as a manager?

Just now, Baltar said:

Perhaps most of us aren't fussed about the religious, ethnic, and sectarian stuff that dictates which of these clubs the people should follow? Perhaps we just want to see one of our all-time great players succeed as a manager?

Who mentioned ethnicity or religion?