Quantcast
Glasgow Celtic FC appreciation thread 1888 to beyond. - Page 10 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Glasgow Celtic FC appreciation thread 1888 to beyond.

Recommended Posts

The saddest thing about what Stevie G is doing is that he's doing it with a Rangers team full of PL rejects and PL kids not yet up to the standards of top level English football,and that reflects badly on Scottish football in general and not just Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

 

Stop making a show of yourself, and get behind the next Liverpool manager.

Yeah you keep cheering on queen/union jack fc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Looks like Harry Redknapp on the left. 

Hahaha I sent it to my dad and he said exactly the same. Then followed it up with "actually he'd do a decent job there" 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott_M said:


I appreciate why, after Hillsborough and other reasons, some of our fan base have affection for them.
 

Coming from a family of Protestant Scots, they all still prefer Celtic to Rangers, although that maybe says more about Rangers.

 

I think I’ve raised some valid points. 
 

Overall, they / neither of them, are for me. 

Thats fair enough mate. I love them. Always have. The sense of entitlement you are right about. My first ever game was a 1 nil home defeat to Motherwell. Celtic in the early 90s were atrocious despite having some boss players. The Celtic board (with the exception of the Fergus McCann era) have been utter cunts to the club since the 70's. Bad news for either of the big two up there always reflects badly on the pitch.

 

Put both sides best 11 out and you are probably having 3 at a maximum from r*ngers side in a best 11. Lennon has done the same as he did last time and created a toxic environment. The left-back on loan Laxalt is brilliant, he must be thinking what have I done here.

 

If Lennon wants to have any future credibility with Celtic he needs to step down. No harm in just holding your hands up and saying "Its gone wrong, it needs a change, I'm stepping down" guarantee his name gets sung on and on. Instead he is digging his heels in saying it will turn around. well yeah knowing that 4 of the next 5 games are at home against cannon fodder and then a Scottish cup final against a championship side. No chance Lennon is taking a Celtic side across the city on the 2nd of January and getting a win. 

 

Give it Broony

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reasons, Celtic is very popular in France, even more in Brittany. Nobody seems to care about Rangers though.

 

Hard to explain as religion is not an issue on this down here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

For some reasons, Celtic is very popular in France, even more in Brittany. Nobody seems to care about Rangers though.

 

Hard to explain as religion is not an issue on this down here.

Probablement parce que les Celtic sont aimes dans le monde entier et que les r * ngers sont des salauds complets. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Probablement parce que les Celtic sont aimés dans le monde entier et que les r * ngers sont des salauds complets. 

Try speaking that shit in Breizh and they'd think you were a Rangers fan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

 

Try speaking that shit in Breizh and they'd think you were a Rangers fan.

They can go and fuck themselves then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

 

Try speaking that shit in Breizh and they'd think you were a Rangers fan.

Breizh love Celtic, they would pay him pint after pint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stevie G, the Protestant hero. Never knew he hated the Catholics so much. He's turned Celtic Football Club on its back and is rubbing its belly. 

The fans deserve as much credit as Stevie, probably the second best he’s ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:


Why can’t you type the word Rangers? Pettiness that could rival some of GOT’s finest. 

I do it for effect. Clearly worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought we got messed around , but do Celtic or Rangers ever get a Saturday game ?

Thursday nights, UEFA Cup Rog. Celtic no longer have that problem after this week.

 

Rangers look much stronger this season, but I reckon nerves might kick in after Xmas. The pressure must be huge.

 

Not really arsed about Scottish footy, have a soft spot for Hibs if anyone. Always preferred Celtic over Rangers mostly due to Kenny, but I can’t stand Neil Lennon and Celtic’s fans are coming across as right gobshites at the moment, so I’m all in on Stevie achieving legendary status up there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Celtic board (with the exception of the Fergus McCann era) have been utter cunts to the club since the 70's.

McCann is a truly weird one. 
The club had been badly (often very badly) run for decades. Complacency, arrogance and generally being out of touch tightwads... if there was something that you wouldn’t want from a board, you could find it at Celtic Park. 
McCann came in and, although he had an initial wave of popularity as being a ‘Rebel’, he was never loved. Yet every decision he took has been vindicated, from modernising the stadium, getting the finances in order, binning Burns as manager (a nice guy but wasn’t delivering on the pitch), etc.
He appears to have given precisely no shits about being liked, and was happy to get rid of anyone who wouldn’t do things his way - even star players like van Hooidonk and Di Canio, or Wim Jansen after he had won their first title in a decade.
I know we think that Rangers and Celtic are virtually guaranteed a top two place in Scotland (unless they get relegated for financial naughtiness) but Celtic had slipped badly when McCann came in. In the seven seasons after doing the double in 1987-88, they didn’t finish in the top two once - and on one occasion finished fifth in a five-team division. 
McCann changed all that, arguably more than any manager. And instead of sitting around for years and letting the money roll in from owning a successful club, he was in and out in five years, having restructured the ownership so that almost two-thirds of shares were owned by small shareholders ie Fans. 

Absolute champ of an owner. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ron B said:

McCann is a truly weird one. 
The club had been badly (often very badly) run for decades. Complacency, arrogance and generally being out of touch tightwads... if there was something that you wouldn’t want from a board, you could find it at Celtic Park. 
McCann came in and, although he had an initial wave of popularity as being a ‘Rebel’, he was never loved. Yet every decision he took has been vindicated, from modernising the stadium, getting the finances in order, binning Burns as manager (a nice guy but wasn’t delivering on the pitch), etc.
He appears to have given precisely no shits about being liked, and was happy to get rid of anyone who wouldn’t do things his way - even star players like van Hooidonk and Di Canio, or Wim Jansen after he had won their first title in a decade.
I know we think that Rangers and Celtic are virtually guaranteed a top two place in Scotland (unless they get relegated for financial naughtiness) but Celtic had slipped badly when McCann came in. In the seven seasons after doing the double in 1987-88, they didn’t finish in the top two once - and on one occasion finished fifth in a five-team division. 
McCann changed all that, arguably more than any manager. And instead of sitting around for years and letting the money roll in from owning a successful club, he was in and out in five years, having restructured the ownership so that almost two-thirds of shares were owned by small shareholders ie Fans. 

Absolute champ of an owner. 

Oh without a doubt. What a man. Delivered everything he promised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sir roger said:

I thought we got messed around , but do Celtic or Rangers ever get a Saturday game ?

You’d have to be the worst kind of football hipster to know when Scottish teams play. “Ah yaw did you see that game in the Uzbeki second division last night? There were some cracking xG stats. Yaw Rangers play this Saturday”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic supporters chasing their own team bus after the game last night apparently.

 

Nine league titles on the bounce, numerous trebles, a few points behind their rivals in December & they're protesting & having a pop at their own team after a draw.

 

You'll Never Walk Alone indeed.

 

Maybe they should get their own song.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×