Quantcast
Macbook Pro - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Macbook Pro

Just seeking some quick advice from anyone who may be able to help.

I'm currently using a late 2103 27" iMac, but it's too big for my needs and I'm thinking of downsizing (screen wise) to a Macbook Pro. However, I do a lot of typing and having seen the images of the keyboard I'm a little concerned about it.  I'm aware of the issues with the keyboard for the 2016-early 2017 models (dust and ffod particles), but that seems to have been solved in the 2018 models (and I wouldn't be eating around it anyway). I'm more concerned with key teavel and what it's like to type on.

Anyone have any experience?  I will probably have a look in store and have a go, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience on here.

Had it since 2014. Immaculate as well as I've looked after it. 

I suppose the other option is a 21.5" iMac, which I understand has a small footprint. Just not as portable as a laptop.

I have a MBP late 2015 (I think).

Only concern was putting it in my bag with stuff and the keys press against the screen causing it to scratch. I'll have to replace that at some point but I link it up to a monitor so I'm not too bothered.

Keyboard wise, I've never had an issue with it. I've started using the wireless keyboard due to the monitor set up though.

Considered upgrading to the touch bar MBP but just seems a lot for not much more tech. Touch bar is shite too.

I've got the 2016 one with the flatter keys and it's really nice to type on. Just a case of getting used to it. If you're used to Apple keyboards generally, you'll find it a breeze.

That being said, sometimes osngiv eomg epfk pekfjgp epr.

• Upvote 2

Just seeking some quick advice from anyone who may be able to help.

I'm currently using a late 2103 27" iMac, but it's too big for my needs and I'm thinking of downsizing (screen wise) to a Macbook Pro. However, I do a lot of typing and having seen the images of the keyboard I'm a little concerned about it. I'm aware of the issues with the keyboard for the 2016-early 2017 models (dust and ffod particles), but that seems to have been solved in the 2018 models (and I wouldn't be eating around it anyway). I'm more concerned with key teavel and what it's like to type on.

Anyone have any experience? I will probably have a look in store and have a go, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience on here.

I’ve got a late 2017 one and it’s really good. I bought a cheap 32 inch screen from currys to use when doing music stuff and that works really well too

• Upvote 1