You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryder Cup 2018 Paris

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spieth is as milquetoast as they come but Reed is far worse. He's a complete freak show and not in the good, interesting way. Never mind the guys who are around him on tour who probably all hate him, even I as a nobody would probably turn down the chance to play with him if I was offered. 

There was a video of him and Spieth at an autograph signing this year. While Spieth was signing stuff for kids, Reed was drawing on Spieth's neck with his pen. Guy's an absolute weirdo. 

Milquetoast? I feel like I am speaking a different language to people nowadays.

30 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

A woman is suing the organisers after she was left blind in one eye when she was hit by a ball. 

Surely that’s a risk you take when you go to the golf. If you don’t want to get hit by a ball, sit/stand somewhere out of the way. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45714544

A spectator hit by a Brooks Koepka tee shot at the Ryder Cup says she has lost sight in her right eye and is considering legal action, AFP reports.

The incident happened on the opening day of the event when the American's drive on the par-four sixth hole veered off course, striking 49-year-old Corine Remande, who had travelled from Egypt.

"Doctors told me I had lost the use of that eye," she told AFP.

Mrs Remande said the reason for legal action was to help cover medical bills.

She added: "It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit.

"I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye-socket and an explosion of the eyeball."

Mrs Remande also criticised the Paris tournament organisers for "not making contact" after the incident to find out how she was. She also claims there was "no warning shout from the course official when the ball was heading towards the crowd".

The spectator praised three-time major winner Koepka, who went over to see how she was. Mrs Remande said she downplayed the incident so that the golfer "would stay concentrated".

"It looked like it hurt," the 28-year-old said afterwards.

He added: "It's hard to control a golf ball, especially for 300 yards, and a lot of times the fans are close to the fairway.

"You can yell 'fore' but it doesn't matter from 300 yards, you can't hear it."

The BBC has contacted the European Tour, the co-organiser of the event, for a response to Mrs Remande's claims.

Analysis

BBC Sport golf correspondent Iain Carter

Spectating at golf tournaments can be a hazardous business. Top players are not as precise as you might expect and errant tee shots occasionally have nowhere to go other than into packed galleries.

These misdirected missiles have the speed to do plenty of damage but more often than not injuries are limited to cuts and bruises. Players usually offer a signed glove to the victim, as if that will ease the pain.

In more serious incidents, injuries can be very unsettling for the players involved. The majority sound a warning cry of "fore" but there are some who appear content to allow fans to be a barrier to prevent their balls from flying into deeper trouble and remain silent in the wake of wayward blows.

33 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

When you go the golf and stand in the crowd you know the risks that a ball could hit you. It's unfortunate for the woman but she knew the risks.

However if I was the Golfer I would offer to cover her medical bill.

Yeah this. 

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45714544

A spectator hit by a Brooks Koepka tee shot at the Ryder Cup says she has lost sight in her right eye and is considering legal action, AFP reports.

The incident happened on the opening day of the event when the American's drive on the par-four sixth hole veered off course, striking 49-year-old Corine Remande, who had travelled from Egypt.

"Doctors told me I had lost the use of that eye," she told AFP.

Mrs Remande said the reason for legal action was to help cover medical bills.

She added: "It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit.

"I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye-socket and an explosion of the eyeball."

Mrs Remande also criticised the Paris tournament organisers for "not making contact" after the incident to find out how she was. She also claims there was "no warning shout from the course official when the ball was heading towards the crowd".

The spectator praised three-time major winner Koepka, who went over to see how she was. Mrs Remande said she downplayed the incident so that the golfer "would stay concentrated".

"It looked like it hurt," the 28-year-old said afterwards.

He added: "It's hard to control a golf ball, especially for 300 yards, and a lot of times the fans are close to the fairway.

"You can yell 'fore' but it doesn't matter from 300 yards, you can't hear it."

The BBC has contacted the European Tour, the co-organiser of the event, for a response to Mrs Remande's claims.

Analysis

BBC Sport golf correspondent Iain Carter

Spectating at golf tournaments can be a hazardous business. Top players are not as precise as you might expect and errant tee shots occasionally have nowhere to go other than into packed galleries.

These misdirected missiles have the speed to do plenty of damage but more often than not injuries are limited to cuts and bruises. Players usually offer a signed glove to the victim, as if that will ease the pain.

In more serious incidents, injuries can be very unsettling for the players involved. The majority sound a warning cry of "fore" but there are some who appear content to allow fans to be a barrier to prevent their balls from flying into deeper trouble and remain silent in the wake of wayward blows.

Woods is is one of the worst for this. 

20 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Just watched the highlights on I Player. The noises coming from the crowds. Don't think I've ever heard it so loud. Must have been fucking unreal to have been there. 

Just to echo my comment on Sunday. Have that you Yank cunts.

Amazing atmosphere all weekend. Both sets of fans. The players especially the Europeans were roaring all weekend as well. 

22 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Just watched the highlights on I Player. The noises coming from the crowds. Don't think I've ever heard it so loud. Must have been fucking unreal to have been there. 

Just to echo my comment on Sunday. Have that you Yank cunts.

Some twat yelled "mashed potatoes" just after a tee shot on the last day. 

Regarding Koepka and the injured spectator, it's slack what's happened to her. She was just on the news and she looked a little bit MILF-y. Koepka seems genuinely upset about what happened too. 

She's got a weak legal claim though. It's hard to see how Koepka or the stadium owners have been negligent. Plus, volenti non fit injuria. She's voluntarily placed herself in a situation from which some harm may ensue. If she succesfully sues, there's the "floodgates" consideration too. You'd have alehouse defenders across the country afraid to put it in to row Z in case they got sued by a spectator who got hit by the ball.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2018 at 12:00 PM, Leyton388 said:

When you go the golf and stand in the crowd you know the risks that a ball could hit you. It's unfortunate for the woman but she knew the risks.

However if I was the Golfer I would offer to cover her medical bill.

I wouldn't offer her the square root of fuck all. It's an unfortunate incident.  Nothing more,  nothing less.  Though fucking shit.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:34 AM, RobbieOR said:

I'd say it's more the Ryder Cup isn't as important to the Americans as most of them win majors. Only two Europeans are major winners. And lets be honest, the majors are way more important. 

Two?

McIlroy - US Open, The Open & PGA

Rose - US Open

Garcia - Masters

Stenson - The Open

Molinari - The Open