You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weird people

Carvalho Diablo

People who stand too close to you in public.

Coming back through the x-ray machines in a Spanish airport recently when the lady in front of me got stopped and her carry on bag opened.

Oddly, rather than take her aside, they did it there and then and held up the whole queue. Whatever, not her fault and I obviously didn’t invade her space, just standing back while I waited my turn.

When they finished with her, they did exactly the same to me. Some fucking idiot behind me with a wife-beater on and a load of shit upper-arm tribal tattoos proceeded to stand so close he was pressing against me as if trying to shunt me forward to get me moving.

I turned round and asked him what he thought he was doing and why he was breathing down my neck, and he goes “Oh, yes, I suppose I am stood a bit close to you aren’t I?”

Errrrr, yes...your skin is touching mine, you fucking oddity, back away. Definitely the sort of person who stands in the urinal next to you when there are several free further along.

People who stand too close to you in public.

Coming back through the x-ray machines in a Spanish airport recently when the lady in front of me got stopped and her carry on bag opened.

Oddly, rather than take her aside, they did it there and then and held up the whole queue. Whatever, not her fault and I obviously didn’t invade her space, just standing back while I waited my turn.

When they finished with her, they did exactly the same to me. Some fucking idiot behind me with a wife-beater on and a load of shit upper-arm tribal tattoos proceeded to stand so close he was pressing against me as if trying to shunt me forward to get me moving.

I turned round and asked him what he thought he was doing and why he was breathing down my neck, and he goes “Oh, yes, I suppose I am stood a bit close to you aren’t I?”

Errrrr, yes...your skin is touching mine, you fucking oddity, back away. Definitely the sort of person who stands in the urinal next to you when there are several free further along.

The problems you have when you’re so pretty...

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Has he topped the bullet ant?

My Dad was stung by three or four bullet ants (we call them "tucanderas" in Bolivia) when he stood on a nest of them in the Amazon once.

Only time I ever saw him cry. He was able to stagger back to the canoe and the native guy he was with got him back to the encampment where we lived. It had to be at least 2 hours after the sting when I saw him for the first time but he was weeping in agony. Stung right through his canvas shoes.

12 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

My Dad was stung by three or four bullet ants (we call them "tucanderas" in Bolivia) when he stood on a nest of them in the Amazon once.

Only time I ever saw him cry. He was able to stagger back to the canoe and the native guy he was with got him back to the encampment where we lived. It had to be at least 2 hours after the sting when I saw him for the first time but he was weeping in agony. Stung right through his canvas shoes.

The wildlife presenter Steve Backshall once did a show where he was with an Amazonian tribe who have a rite of passage for teenage boys in the tribe. It involves wearing these gloves made out of vines in which live bullet ants are sewn in. Backshall wore the gloves and was basically exactly like you've described your dad once he'd been stung. Unbearable agony.

24 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

You lived in the Amazon?

Bloody hell

What its like living in places like that

always wanted to go then i think of all the shit i hate that live there

On 9/17/2018 at 3:54 AM, Ne Moe Imya said:

I was browsing the internet, and I managed to find this picture of Ne Moes dad and his sting.

OEtl59S.jpg

12 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I was browsing the internet, and I managed to find this picture of Ne Moes dad and his sting.

OEtl59S.jpg

It looks like his dad is on the phone to The Police.