You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Headphone recommendations

Lee909

Need two new pair of headphones

One for plugging int my tv when late night gaming so happy for cables and need a pair when out and about in town prefer wireless here

Don't really want to go that for over £50 but will go up to £100 if needed for wireless

The other only want around £30/40

Any ideads

Need two new pair of headphones

One for plugging int my tv when late night gaming so happy for cables and need a pair when out and about in town prefer wireless here

Don't really want to go that for over £50 but will go up to £100 if needed for wireless

The other only want around £30/40

Any ideads

Got a few pairs of headphones but the ones I generally use for late night listening to tv on my ipad are August EP650 wireless.

Got them from Amazon for £30 odd and they are fantastic at that price. The build quality is great, got the red ones and they look really nice, not at all cheap. A bit too bassy when listening to music, need and EQ app to brighten them up a touch, but you could do a hell of a lot worse mate.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I seem to have an issue with wearing in-ear headphones.

Any decent recommendations for an on-ear pair for £40-£50 max?

Need to be able to use them in public/out walking/while traveling etc, so minimum amount of twattishness possible.

I already max out my allowance and then some on that front.

If you're in a public space you need closed cup headphones as a matter of priority. The twat factor will be much higher if people hear you blasting out Robin Gibb from three rows away. The twat factor will also increase exponentially if you go anywhere near Beats. Beats are a no no for a man of many talents such as yourself.

• Upvote 1

Sennheiser are good quality at all price points. Audio Technica are my personal favourites. They deliver a flat frequency response and are often used in recording studios for their transparency. I own a pair of ATH-M50X headphones myself and they are fantastic. They have a model called ATH M40X that are about £70, and they're really good bang for the buck, but they are wired.

Sony do some cheaper bluetooth ones, but i can't vouch for the quality. I personally like the sound of wired headphones above the bluetooth ones. I like the fact there's no faff, and I don't have to worry about connection dropouts or charging headphones, but it's a personal preference. Beyerdynamic are a very good make as well. The Germans in general know how to make headphones.

• Upvote 1

These are great, best headphones I've owned for overall value.

Mashall 'Major' on ear headphones. I've got the Bluetooth version but you get a cable with that version also if you want to connect via a wire instead/when it's out of charge.

50hours battery life from a full charge which is unreal. I listen to music most of each day when at work/commuting and probably only charge them every couple of weeks.

Bass/low end frequencies are lovely on these.

IMG_0773.PNG

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2019 at 11:20 PM, Juniper said:

These are great, best headphones I've owned for overall value.

Mashall 'Major' on ear headphones. I've got the Bluetooth version but you get a cable with that version also if you want to connect via a wire instead/when it's out of charge.

50hours battery life from a full charge which is unreal. I listen to music most of each day when at work/commuting and probably only charge them every couple of weeks.

Bass/low end frequencies are lovely on these.

IMG_0773.PNG

Price range? As I'd like bluetooth wireless headphones for my laptop as the amount of wire is ridiculous and the wiring is usually where it gets damaged.

For what it's worth, really not an expert but I've been using some relatively cheep (50-60 pounds I think) wired Sennheiser headphones for well over 10 years now, had to change wire twice. That's music and films. For less demanding tablet and spoken word I always used wired Sony, they have been consistently decent in the 10 to 20 pounds price range. Current pair is really good, cost me about 15.

A friend has been using the same pair of wireless Sennheiser (80-90) for years, she (yeah, what do women know about headphones, I agree) swears by it, had to change the station and battery but I think she intends to be buried with them, wouldn't swap them for any other. Also, customer service is pretty great.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Funkasy said:

Just ordered Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, looking forward trying them next week when they arrive. I know they are a few years now but they get so good review that i just have to try them.

I look forward to hearing what you make of them. They've always tempted me, along with the Grado SR80s, but I've never pulled the trigger on either.