You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

39 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Yeah I expect Spurs would be on our side too.

I doubt a 5 team league of City, Chelsea, Villa, The Ev and Newcastle would garner much interest!

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I doubt a 5 team league of City, Chelsea, Villa, The Ev and Newcastle would garner much interest!

What happens if they also apply to join the EFL though? Does the EFL have the power to say fuck off?

But there'd then need to be some serious rewriting of their constitution. No more promotion from the Championship, and who is relegated to accommodate us and the others? Would we need to start in League Two? Again, who would make way? Would they add a League Three?

As much as I love the idea in theory, the logistics of it seem much too difficult.

There are two absolute certainties here, regardless of what we, as fans, think the other PL clubs should do.

1) They will not be voting city out.

2) They will not be ditching the PL and leaving city to it.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

There are two absolute certainties here, regardless of what we, as fans, think the other PL clubs should do.

Not for the EFL. I think if City win, we'd be in an ESL within 5 years.

If City just try to bankrupt the league by continual legal action I could definitely see a scenario where senior figures moot something akin to Premier League mk.2.

Same as before, breaking away and setting your own rules. Clubs that agree to abide by them get invited to join. The EFL won't care, they already have more teeth to their financial regulations.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, dave u said:

But there'd then need to be some serious rewriting of their constitution. No more promotion from the Championship, and who is relegated to accommodate us and the others? Would we need to start in League Two? Again, who would make way? Would they add a League Three?

As much as I love the idea in theory, the logistics of it seem much too difficult.

Who said we'd need to start at league 2? And the PLs position at the top of the game would be gone. Nobody would be playing in it, so promotion won't come into it. There'd be no TV money, because nobody wants to watch city v villa 40 times a year, most don't want to watch it once. If the 3 biggest clubs moved to the EFL, the smaller clubs would follow. As would the TV money. And uefa either fall in line and give us places or there'd be an ESL before you could say see ya later. 

Fuck city. Fuck villa if they want to play 2nd fiddle to city. 

Maybe we should start a brand new League, and ask some Scottish teams to replace the cheats and frauds. A league with us, Utd, Arsenal, Celtic Rangers and Sours would be entertaining at least.

1 hour ago, Beno said:

Maybe we should start a brand new League, and ask some Scottish teams to replace the cheats and frauds. A league with us, Utd, Arsenal, Celtic Rangers and Sours would be entertaining at least.

Rangers and Celtic can fuck off too with their sectarian shite. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Main reason being the owners of pretty much every club these days are absolute fucking cunts. I don't like our owners, but I like them more than I do the owners of every other big club.

Rich people tend to be cunts and they're ruining the entire world including sports. If there was a cull of all billionaires everything would be miles better.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Beno said:

I'd rather play in a league where man city are forced to play by the rules for a few years, having lost all the trophies won by ill  gotten gains , along with guardiola and whichever little rats desert the sinking ship.

It would be so pleasurable to see those smug fucking Abu Dhabi dickheads faces as they battle it out for Europa league places with villa and spurs . 

No doubt they would have taken their ball home way before then though . 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Main reason being the owners of pretty much every club these days are absolute fucking cunts. I don't like our owners, but I like them more than I do the owners of every other big club.

Rich people tend to be cunts and they're ruining the entire world including sports. If there was a cull of all billionaires everything would be miles better.

Dave's Law 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve just seen into the future…

IMG_6099.jpeg

He’s already in witness protection which I didn’t know. Exactly who is he being protected from?

3 hours ago, AHA said:

He’s already in witness protection which I didn’t know. Exactly who is he being protected from?

I just found that out. That’s seriously fucked up. Along with threatening to bankrupt anyone that challenges them in the courts, it’s just unbelievable now. That club makes me feel sick.

Wonder if this is another play. 

Premier leage have probably been told that they aren't allowed to use any additional evidence other than what they already have. 

This chap is sitting on a ton of it and and isn't allowed to release it. 

So they leak a wee story telling the public that there's more evidence that they're not allowed to use, and it puts pressure on the court to let them do it. 

Might also be a way of bluffing the blue mancs, they'd be less inclined to lie during the trial if they think that the evidence could be released proving they're bullshitting, which could cause an even bigger problem for them down the line. 

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

“Globally recognised brand”. Hilarious. Hopefully Sheamus calls them out as the cheats they are…

IMG_1866.jpeg

Ironic. They’re both as false as each other. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Would seem quite damaging to the WWE brand to be linked to 115 FC. 

Agreed, this is even more of a stain on them than all the shit Vince McMahon has done.

• Haha 1