You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Blue Moon is entertaining this morning. Obviously we have the usual conspiracies, but I note that we’ve apparently not had any injuries to our main players (!) and we don’t know our own history because Liverpool used to be a Royalist city and so we’re not allowed to change our political allegiances several hundred years later and hate Tories???!!! The mad cunts. However, this new conspiracy theory involving the PL having our opponents softened up by City is my favourite.

I've just noticed a rather odd anomaly. 

Liverpool are playing the same three teams after us.
Leicester 
Wolves 
Sheffield United 

Now on the face of it there doesn't appear to be anything ominous about that.

However, historically teams that play us tend to perform poorly in their next game. This makes sense because we're not like any other team and we physically drain our opponents.

Leicester last night is a perfect example. 

If I was looking to help a team out over the hectic schedule I would probably engineer it so that they play the team that has just played against Manchester City.

I don’t think it did us any harm last night that they had been given a reality check by City but the unbelievable denial that they are second best this season is staggering. 
I watched the first half last night with a City fan ( long story) who kept trying to show me pics he took at the cup final against the mighty Watford . Thankfully he spent the second half demolishing the buffet ! 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Blue Moon is entertaining this morning. Obviously we have the usual conspiracies, but I note that we’ve apparently not had any injuries to our main players (!) and we don’t know our own history because Liverpool used to be a Royalist city and so we’re not allowed to change our political allegiances several hundred years later and hate Tories???!!! The mad cunts. However, this new conspiracy theory involving the PL having our opponents softened up by City is my favourite.

Yep, the 'Royalist' city that had the only Sinn Fein MP elected outside of Ireland, T.P. O'Connor, in 1885.

220px-T._P._O%27Connor.jpg

Whilst Manchester had a Tory.

The same 'Royalist' city that Churchill sent troops and a gunboat up the Mersey to in 1911

HMS Antrim LOC ggbain 19125.jpg

Whilst Manchester is a fucking cess pit. 

Mannin 2 - sinking at berth, Manchester Ships Canal

• Upvote 1

City fans blowing the conspiracy horn that the football authorities are handing the title to us on a plate. That would be the same football authorities that 'gave' them domestic giants like Oxford United, Fulham, Swansea, Newport County, Burton Albion, Rotherham to play in their run to both cup finals last season, would it?

I like the way they deny that we are better than them, it's all down to VAR.

They say we have had no injuries, even claiming we got lucky (again) when Ederson was injured for our game, we had Alison injured for loads of games early in the season, they lost Laporte yet we had injuries to Gomez, Matip and Lovren in the centre of defence. They moan about losing Fernandinho in midfield to cover defence (they bought a fella for 60 million in the summer), we have Fabinho injured for weeks.

I'd say we've had it just as bad as them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Maybe they should roll over for Wolves and Sheffield United, so those teams will be fresh to face us.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Yep, the 'Royalist' city that had the only Sinn Fein MP elected outside of Ireland, T.P. O'Connor, in 1885.

220px-T._P._O%27Connor.jpg

Whilst Manchester had a Tory.

The same 'Royalist' city that Churchill sent troops and a gunboat up the Mersey to in 1911

HMS Antrim LOC ggbain 19125.jpg

Whilst Manchester is a fucking cess pit. 

Mannin 2 - sinking at berth, Manchester Ships Canal

If they do nothing else, they do make me laugh. I mean calling us a bunch of Royalists is the funniest thing i've heard all day which bearing in mind i watched the two ronnies, blackadder and porridge today is quite the achievement.

I mean the authorities couldn't wait to help the grieving families of Hillsborough by getting them the justice they deserve and middle England has always had such a great view of Liverpool. Top class observations from them!!

They are the nastiest bunch i've come across. More vile than their red brothers. I'd love to clinch the league the game before we play them so they have to give us a guard of honour. 

• Upvote 1

Wonder how Fanchester’s getting on?

Lovely lad. Same as City really. Lovable young tikes competing against all the odds who just need a pat on the head, a ruffle of the hair, and a pinch of their brave little cheeks to be right as nine pence, ready to accomplish really amazing things which I sincerely respect massively.

Maybe even winning one or two games of association football against the big boys before the season is over.

• Upvote 4