You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Wow. Their place is a slum this morning. Apparently Morrison missed the header on purpose and an investigation should be held. If we win the title it will be 'because of cheating and a lot of luck'. Bless them. Sorry we're not allowing you to run away with the league without a challenge this year. 

As I said yesterday, some opposition fans are becoming so unhinged they now think Cardiff will happily be relegated to aid our title quest. It has to be the biggest conspiracy football has ever seen.

• Like 1

My bad, it’s just Morrison that Bluemoon think is bent.

- "I hope Liverpool win the league".

- Fail to pick up Wijnaldum on each corner, eventually allowing him to score unchallenged. 

- Miserable attempt at clearance resulting in Liverpool attack.

- Deliberate prolonged foul on the player most susceptible to diving in the league, when he had already snuffed out the danger by getting goal-side, and with other players covering, resulting in a penalty.

I'd say this was way more than just a bad day at the office.

Speroni and now Morrison, two definite cheats.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

As I said yesterday, some opposition fans are becoming so unhinged they now think Cardiff will happily be relegated to aid our title quest. It has to be the biggest conspiracy football has ever seen.

Surprised they aren't praising Michael Oliver to the rafters for not making the same mistakes as that VAR cunt did midweek.  

There seems to be a "Anyone but Liverpool" mentality by most fans of other clubs and I'm not just talking about the club's we would consider rival's. We do seem to be the most disliked club and fan base in the country. 

It is truly bizarre that everyone appears to hate us.you would have thought a club winning the league that has done it the right way rather than cheating and cooking the books would show all is not lost in English football but no it's "Anyone but Liverpool"

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Wow. Their place is a slum this morning. Apparently Morrison missed the header on purpose and an investigation should be held. If we win the title it will be 'because of cheating and a lot of luck'. Bless them. Sorry we're not allowing you to run away with the league without a challenge this year. 

But but but look how much money they've spent. Surely they deserve it, without some scruffy oiks like us potentially spoiling the party.

That forum seems to be absolutely toxic. Many, MANY posts about how bitter we're going to be if we get 97 points and still finish second.

Which, I mean, it will sting a bit but honestly I'd tip my hat to them and say "well done." If they get 98 points they deserve to win the league; a shame we couldn't do better but whatever we end up with this has been the best Liverpool side since I started supporting and I'm really looking forward to the next few years.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

There seems to be a "Anyone but Liverpool" mentality by most fans of other clubs and I'm not just talking about the club's we would consider rival's. We do seem to be the most disliked club and fan base in the country. 

It is truly bizarre that everyone appears to hate us.you would have thought a club winning the league that has done it the right way rather than cheating and cooking the books would show all is not lost in English football but no it's "Anyone but Liverpool"

People preferred us to win it over Man Utd in the 80s but people tend to act more deranged on social media, and anything can be lied about or exaggerated to feed a narrative or prejudices.

Melissa Reddy recently compared the attitude of other Clubs and supporters this year to that in 13/14. Five years ago we were (almost) everyone's second Club but this year everyone seems to prefer a Citeh win.

Her view is, 5 year's ago, no-one thought our dominance was sustainable; now it is thought we can be at the top long term.

Whatever, Ferguson used to use the "Anyone but Utd" thing to circle the wagons and build an "us against the World" mentality. We should take it as a compliment and do the same.

Genuine question, honestly, style wise aside how have Klopp's 4 years in charge been better or improved than Liverpool under Rodgers?

Selling club, Salah and the Southampton lads will all be off to Spain soon.

They haven’t.

It’s still kick and rush, headless chicken, do something 50 times and hope it works football.

Tbf to Teeth 1 he didn’t get the incessant rub of the green Teeth 2 has been having this season.

That’s the only tangible difference imo.

This is true on the surface, but they have had an unprecedented amount of luck. 
- In 4 games, goalies have basically gifted them wins. That's 8 points. 
- Milner 2 yards offside at West Ham - 1 more point
- Morrison's miss yesterday. They might have won anyway, but it could have gone down to the wire
- Variety of other ref gifts; e.g. Fulham at Anfield, soft penalties, refusal to give free kicks unless the opposition players are mugged.

I'd say that adds up to at least 10-12 points they should not have had. In fact the Expected Points analysis pretty much shows that. Without any of that, we are coasting to a repeat title.

34 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

Melissa Reddy recently compared the attitude of other Clubs and supporters this year to that in 13/14. Five years ago we were (almost) everyone's second Club but this year everyone seems to prefer a Citeh win.

Her view is, 5 year's ago, no-one thought our dominance was sustainable; now it is thought we can be at the top long term.

Whatever, Ferguson used to use the "Anyone but Utd" thing to circle the wagons and build an "us against the World" mentality. We should take it as a compliment and do the same.

Yes, I think there are lots of factors here.

One, as you allude to, is that I think a lot of fans of other clubs are a bit worried that we're not going away any time soon. In fact, it's what is making me calmer in this title run in (that and the fact it's not in our hands, obviously). I fully expect us to challenge for the title again next season. I didn't in 2009 because of the owners, and I didn't in 2014 because of the manager.

Another thing is that the very worst of fans is most prominent. Forums, twitter, etc, they do tend to attract a quite sizeable amount of utter bellends. Confidence built from anonymity. 

Banter culture has led to some of the utter cuntery. Skysports, betting adverts, etc, all gear fans up to hating/laughing at other clubs, rather than supporting their own. Laughing at misfortune, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with your club, or is aimed at teams that are challenging for/achieving things you couldn't possibly dream of. It's a way for the fan of Mansfield to bridge the gap between themselves and us, or Tottenham, etc. 

I think it's partly a generational thing as well. That's not to say there aren't plenty of middle aged twats engaging in this shite, but I think generally if you speak to someone in the pub in their 50s they'll have a considerably mellower view of us as a club (if they don't support a rival) than if you speak to someone in their 20s. They're less affected by all the absolute bollocks that comes with modern football. In fact, they often detest it.

And, more than anything, I think football is always a turbo charged version of wider society. It reflects the utter cuntery of constant one-upmanship. There is nothing more depressing than hearing one group of largely working class (decreasingly so, obviously) people sing about the economic misfortune of another group of largely working class people. The owners of football clubs, up in their boxes must be pissing themselves. It always conjures up images of Roman emperors at the Colosseum. 

• Upvote 11

Most neutrals I've talked to, not the minority of knobs that post nonsense on the internet, like Klopp and the style of football we play. I think we would generally be popular winners so people need to stop looking for things to get wound up about. Bellends that talk shite about Liverpool are just that and best ignored.  

32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, I think there are lots of factors here.

One, as you allude to, is that I think a lot of fans of other clubs are a bit worried that we're not going away any time soon. In fact, it's what is making me calmer in this title run in (that and the fact it's not in our hands, obviously). I fully expect us to challenge for the title again next season. I didn't in 2009 because of the owners, and I didn't in 2014 because of the manager.

Another thing is that the very worst of fans is most prominent. Forums, twitter, etc, they do tend to attract a quite sizeable amount of utter bellends. Confidence built from anonymity. 

Banter culture has led to some of the utter cuntery. Skysports, betting adverts, etc, all gear fans up to hating/laughing at other clubs, rather than supporting their own. Laughing at misfortune, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with your club, or is aimed at teams that are challenging for/achieving things you couldn't possibly dream of. It's a way for the fan of Mansfield to bridge the gap between themselves and us, or Tottenham, etc. 

I think it's partly a generational thing as well. That's not to say there aren't plenty of middle aged twats engaging in this shite, but I think generally if you speak to someone in the pub in their 50s they'll have a considerably mellower view of us as a club (if they don't support a rival) than if you speak to someone in their 20s. They're less affected by all the absolute bollocks that comes with modern football. In fact, they often detest it.

And, more than anything, I think football is always a turbo charged version of wider society. It reflects the utter cuntery of constant one-upmanship. There is nothing more depressing than hearing one group of largely working class (decreasingly so, obviously) people sing about the economic misfortune of another group of largely working class people. The owners of football clubs, up in their boxes must be pissing themselves. It always conjures up images of Roman emperors at the Colosseum. 

I think you're over complicating it. As the saying the goes it's the hope that kills you, rival fans mostly just find it funny watching us fall short yet again and want some more of that. The Gerrard slip was and remains comedy gold for most neutrals.  I can understand that logic and would probably be guilty of it myself in a small way when Spurs have their annual collapse.

Obviously there are nutjobsout there whose is hate is real but by and large fans with no skin in the game want to see someone fail so they can laugh at them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

That forum seems to be absolutely toxic. Many, MANY posts about how bitter we're going to be if we get 97 points and still finish second.

Which, I mean, it will sting a bit but honestly I'd tip my hat to them and say "well done." If they get 98 points they deserve to win the league; a shame we couldn't do better but whatever we end up with this has been the best Liverpool side since I started supporting and I'm really looking forward to the next few years.

I think the chances of Everton ever getting 97 points is beyond infinitesimal 

40 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Have to say that I don't really care how opposing fans see us or if they support us or hate us.

Yep, fuck them. I expect nothing from any other fans but their support for their own club above anything else. It’s a shame that many cannot even manage that.

42 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Have to say that I don't really care how opposing fans see us or if they support us or hate us.

This all day.  I don't spend my time on the forums of other teams. 

What did piss me off, however, was a close friend who's a Newcastle fan who went on Facebook and made a post about "fervently supporting Man City in their pursuit of Liverpool" when we were in the process of losing our seven point lead.  I mean, why?  What does a Newcastle fan have to gain from supporting Man City?  I'd be really happy for a lot of my friends if Newcastle won any trophy, just because none of them have seen it happen in their lifetime.  They deserve it.  So to read that from a close friend, it did trigger me a bit.  But luckily for him, as you all know, I'm not one to bear grudges. 

Did someone actually compare Klopp's time here and Rodgers time and say there was not much difference? Fuckin hell, now I've seen it all.

Rodgers:
12/13: 7. Liverpool 38 16 13 9 71-43 61p
13/14: 2. Liverpool 38 26 6 6 101-50 84p
14/15: 6. Liverpool 38 18 8 12 52-48 62p
15/16: 10. Liverpool 8 3 3 2 8-10 12p

Klopp:
15/16: 7. Liverpool 30 13 9 8 55-40 48p, Carling Cup final
16/17: 4. Liverpool 38 22 10 6 78-42 76p, Europa League final
17/18: 4. Liverpool 38 21 12 5 84-38 75p, Champions League final
18/19: 1. Liverpool 35 27 7 1 79-20 88p, CL semifinale

Apart from steady improvement, scoring more goals and conceding less goals every season in the league, reaching a Cup final every season, not having lost a knockout tie in Europe yet,, making us the best and most feared team in Europe?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I think you're over complicating it. As the saying the goes it's the hope that kills you, rival fans mostly just find it funny watching us fall short yet again and want some more of that. The Gerrard slip was and remains comedy gold for most neutrals.  I can understand that logic and would probably be guilty of it myself in a small way when Spurs have their annual collapse.

Obviously there are nutjobsout there whose is hate is real but by and large fans with no skin in the game want to see someone fail so they can laugh at them.

'That song' about the slip has been going so long in some teams cases that Gerrard should get royalties from it.

40 minutes ago, Code said:

Did someone actually compare Klopp's time here and Rodgers time and say there was not much difference? Fuckin hell, now I've seen it all.

Rodgers:
12/13: 7. Liverpool 38 16 13 9 71-43 61p
13/14: 2. Liverpool 38 26 6 6 101-50 84p
14/15: 6. Liverpool 38 18 8 12 52-48 62p
15/16: 10. Liverpool 8 3 3 2 8-10 12p

Klopp:
15/16: 7. Liverpool 30 13 9 8 55-40 48p, Carling Cup final
16/17: 4. Liverpool 38 22 10 6 78-42 76p, Europa League final
17/18: 4. Liverpool 38 21 12 5 84-38 75p, Champions League final
18/19: 1. Liverpool 35 27 7 1 79-20 88p, CL semifinale

Apart from steady improvement, scoring more goals and conceding less goals every season in the league, reaching a Cup final every season, not having lost a knockout tie in Europe yet,, making us the best and most feared team in Europe?

Wasn't the Europa League Final in 15/16?