Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 45 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

"Honestly, I don’t know what will happen,” the City manager said. “They should put their focus on another issue because they don’t know which guy you are talking about. Bernardo is one of most lovely people I ever met in my life. He speaks four or five languages and that is the best way to understand how open-minded he is and one of his best friends is Mendy. He’s like a brother for him.

The image is not about the colour of the skin. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and he related it to this cartoon, which was quite similar for the image."

“Honestly, I don’t think what happened about that. If they want to do that and ask for Bernardo, I think he will be open to talk. But first you have to know exactly which person you are talking about.

There are many situations with people, with white people and you look at a cartoon and the face is quite similar as your face and you put it in there, it is quite similar."

Oh yeah bud, the likeness is uncanny.  I'm struggling to figure out which is the picture of the little boy and which is the picture that's drawn with historically stereotypical views of black people.

bernardo-silva.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke
52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Apparently Silva has previous for this too. 

He asked Mendy why he was naked when he was wearing a black T-shirt. 

21 hours ago, elBooth said:

"Honestly, I don’t know what will happen,” the City manager said. “They should put their focus on another issue because they don’t know which guy you are talking about. Bernardo is one of most lovely people I ever met in my life. He speaks four or five languages and that is the best way to understand how open-minded he is and one of his best friends is Mendy. He’s like a brother for him.

The image is not about the colour of the skin. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and he related it to this cartoon, which was quite similar for the image."

“Honestly, I don’t think what happened about that. If they want to do that and ask for Bernardo, I think he will be open to talk. But first you have to know exactly which person you are talking about.

There are many situations with people, with white people and you look at a cartoon and the face is quite similar as your face and you put it in there, it is quite similar."

Oh yeah bud, the likeness is uncanny.  I'm struggling to figure out which is the picture of the little boy and which is the picture that's drawn with historically stereotypical views of black people.

bernardo-silva.jpg

I wish I could insert a gif of somebody digging a hole he couldn't get out of but I am as good at that as Guardiola is at race relations.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wish I could insert a gif of somebody digging a hole he couldn't get out of but I am as good at that as Guardiola is at race relations.

Image result for Digging your own hole gif

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Elmer.jpg

Doesn't this highlight the problem though. No-one looking at that would think it's racist, but if both were black it would be racist. John Barnes has come out and defended Silva saying what he did wasn't racist, it's just someone saying his mate looks like this character. The fact that they are both black is not an issue.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, R BENO said:

Doesn't this highlight the problem though. No-one looking at that would think it's racist, but if both were black it would be racist. John Barnes has come out and defended Silva saying what he did wasn't racist, it's just someone saying his mate looks like this character. The fact that they are both black is not an issue.

What about his jibe about Mendy being naked because it was dark and he was wearing dark clothes? That's about as racist as you can get. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

What about his jibe about Mendy being naked because it was dark and he was wearing dark clothes? That's about as racist as you can get. 

Sorry, not aware of that bit - just thought he posted a picture and said Guess who?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, R BENO said:

Sorry, not aware of that bit - just thought he posted a picture and said Guess who?

Check the video out above which I posted. It's a different occasion but certainly suggests that BS thinks it is funny to take the piss out of someone's colour. 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Check the video out above which I posted. It's a different occasion but certainly suggests that BS thinks it is funny to take the piss out of someone's colour. 

Hadn't read through the thread before posting and just seen that now. Pretty shameful that. Think it highlights the differences and tolerance levels of what is perceived as racist in different countries, as we're seeing in Italy etc.

In Silvas' mind that is probably funny, but no right minded British person would dare to post that.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, R BENO said:

Hadn't read through the thread before posting and just seen that now. Pretty shameful that. Think it highlights the differences and tolerance levels of what is perceived as racist in different countries, as we're seeing in Italy etc.

In Silvas' mind that is probably funny, but no right minded British person would dare to post that.

With Racism in football being used by those in charge to improve their image then it is utterly stupid by BS. As ever with humour one should suss out the environment around them before attempting it. Regardless of the fact it may be seen as humour from where he comes from and his background it's racist, and I reckon he knows that. 

Cultural differences didn't cut much ice in the Suarez case.  Just referring to someone's colour was sufficient no matter the circumstances or intent if I remember correctly. 

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, aws said:

Cultural differences didn't cut much ice in the Suarez case.  Just referring to someone's colour was sufficient no matter the circumstances or intent if I remember correctly. 

I believe both himself and captain leader legend were found innocent of racism but done for merely making reference to race.

41 minutes ago, aws said:

Unless you're Rio Ferdinand and you call Glen Johnson a choc ice of course.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I believe both himself and captain leader legend were found innocent of racism but done for merely making reference to race.

That's my recollection too. So it looks like Silva is guilty of exactly the same offence  even if there was no bad intent. But my bet is he'll get a slap on the wrists. 

I don't understand the "Mendy is fine with it" line. If the only person it was intended to be seen by was Mendy, he'd have sent him a WhatsApp or something. Once he's putting it out in the public domain, he has to accept it will be judged in that way. As shown by the video with the black tshirt, it's clear Silva thinks using skin colour to make a joke is ok. I don't want to be the person who makes the rules on shit like this, as life is easy for me because I'm white. However, I think judging by how things are normally judged today, especially by the fa, I think it clearly has to be deemed at racist. 

• Upvote 5

Had a gander on bluemoon about the scouts spying on them, pure fume that no one else gives a shit. Page after page about no one reporting it bar The Times and the FA and Premier League aren't investigating. 

9 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Elmer.jpg

Fucker, had the idea of posting the following with “He’s right, it’s really easily done” and seen you’ve long beaten me to it. Repped.

48CCA1CF-B0F9-4506-94FE-769297F2E619.jpeg

AA801B13-4811-40B6-9D72-79C0FD41F12D.gif

• Upvote 1